Oh Deer (GRAPHIC)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sixstardanes

Reaction score
Hubby & I were going down the mountain today and I spotted a roadkill deer...

well that changed today's plans.

I butchered the doe (who wasn't dead long) earlier today for our dogs who will start eating her

after its been in the freezer a couple of weeks.

Pixs below are very graphic.

This doe was pregnant too and there are pixs of the fawn buck which is also in the freezer.

carcass1.jpg

This doe obviously had a broken jaw....

inside she had a tear in her heart & a broken right hip

carcass2.jpg

Head, left leg quarter & ribs removed

carcass3.jpg

The buck fawn.. it had what appeared to be full genitalia and spots just no fur.

carcass4.jpg

Our dogs are sure going to be happy.
default_yes.gif

Never thought about using road kill like that before. On another note, there were a couple times in ID where recently road killed deer were used for people to eat with very little that was wasted. It is such a shame when they are simply left to rot beside the road.

Ummmm. Not to be mean but why would you show that? Interesting, but a bit morbid.

I'm all for recycling this stuff, but it's painful to look at, too.

I feel pretty bad about the baby and momma's deaths, so it's an ambiguous post for me.

There are a lot of deer in the world, especially around here. People liken them to mice, and the population gets so much that they suffer disease. It's not easy to see them starving and trying to stay warm (chronic wasting disease), but then again!

An inevitable effect of life on this earth. Glad you were able to find use for her.

Liz

default_unsure.png
What is the world is the purpose of this thread? Glad you are so excited about your road kill but I feel like maybe I am missing something here? I think I will stick to my regular dog food
default_sad.png

Back