Offset High Fuel Prices With A Low-Fee, 4-Judge Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yaddax3

Reaction score
Due to rising fuel costs and other factors, AMHR and ASPC exhibitors in the Upper Midwest have fewer shows available to them than in past years.

But anyone out there looking to take their minis and ponies to a show in June can go to Des Moines for a four-judge show June 28-29.

We'll be going.

If you're wondering ...

The judges are: Jim Curry, Marvin Subbert, Gary Nickerson, Jim McKeith.

The classes are for: AMHR, Classic, Foundation Classic, Modern, Modern Pleasure, ASPR.

The entry fees are reasonable, particularly for a four-judge show: $20 per class, $55.00 unlimited.

The person to contact is: Audry Resh - 712-624-8996 ... [email protected].

Also, there will be a drawing for prizes that include an electric scooter and there will be an ASPC/AMHR Youth High Point Award and points/awards for the Triple A Amateur Program.

So, who else is going?

That is a really good price. I wish I could get my gelding there to finish his hall of fame, but to be honest I am sick of showing and would much rather watch and not show these days. I do enough putting 3 little ones on a year, thats my fill of showing.

We will be there and looking forward to it! We enjoy showing there, always have. Nice grounds with security. Oh yeah, and yes the prices are resonable.
default_biggrin.png

Due to rising fuel costs and other factors, AMHR and ASPC exhibitors in the Upper Midwest have fewer shows available to them than in past years.

But anyone out there looking to take their minis and ponies to a show in June can go to Des Moines for a four-judge show June 28-29.

We'll be going.

If you're wondering ...

The judges are: Jim Curry, Marvin Subbert, Gary Nickerson, Jim McKeith.

The classes are for: AMHR, Classic, Foundation Classic, Modern, Modern Pleasure, ASPR.

The entry fees are reasonable, particularly for a four-judge show: $20 per class, $55.00 unlimited.

The person to contact is: Audry Resh - 712-624-8996 ... [email protected].

Also, there will be a drawing for prizes that include an electric scooter and there will be an ASPC/AMHR Youth High Point Award and points/awards for the Triple A Amateur Program.

So, who else is going?
Geesh, I've been looking for information on this show. Are they opposed to using the "web" to post information or are they just good at hiding from me!

I've been looking for information on this show.
Audry Resh always has been very helpful when we've shown in Des Moines in the past. She can answer any questions you have and get you a show bill.

And Fred, I wish you weren't so far away. You have wonderful horses and it's too bad we only get to see you and them in Tulsa.

We will be there as wel!

Have you guys looked at the schedule of classes? All of the AMHR driving and halter classes are on saturday, yikes that is going to be a looooong day!

We will defiantly be there as long as our pregnant mare cooperates and foals in time. The IA State Fair grounds are really nice facilites. I like the class listings - we don't have Shetlands and won't have to wait through Shetland halter classes. They don't have a website up but Audrey's number is on the AMHR show lisitngs and we had no problem getting in contact with her for a show bill.

default_saludando.gif
That sounds like a great show but too far for me......

Are any of you by chance coming to our AMHR show at Lincoln, NE on June 21st? That is a SUPER cheap show at $25 for stall and $35 for unlimited classes.... Will be a REALLY fun show!
default_yes.gif

I was just looking at the Show Bill and can't find camping arrangements anywhere. Anyone have any information on that?

[Are any of you by chance coming to our AMHR show at Lincoln, NE on June 21st? That is a SUPER cheap show at $25 for stall and $35 for unlimited classes.... Will be a REALLY fun show!

Is this the area show with 1 judge? I wouldn't mind going, but if I drive that far I like to have more than one judge. Unless I have shown under that judge and know they really like our horses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just one more reason why I wouldn't mind living in Iowa. I go there on business sometimes and I just LOVE it there. I love Des Moines and this little town "Panora". LOVE IT!!!

I was just looking at the Show Bill and can't find camping arrangements anywhere.
The show doesn't handle camping. Whenever we've shown at the state fairgrounds, it's been handled by fair security. And my recollection is, it's cheap to hook up.

Hi, I think Corey Hatfield and I are planning on coming. We will be bringing 9, can you guarantee the weather won't be as bad as it was in Waterloo when we were at the show a couple of weeks ago

We are having 2 judges at the the AMHR show June 21st. It's in the BRAND new indoor facility and there is camper hook up and easy to get to off the interstate. THere's going to be allot of door prices and a raffle and just ALLOT of fun~! I'm pretty sure the show bill is on line at: www.bluestemminihorse.com

Hi, I think Corey Hatfield and I are planning on coming. We will be bringing 9, can you guarantee the weather won't be as bad as it was in Waterloo when we were at the show a couple of weeks ago
I sure hope it's better!!!! That sucked to miss out on jumping! (not to mention it was a little freaky!)

Latest posts

Back