observation only

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellerroseintx

Reaction score
I have been shopping around and looking at many websites. I have seen quite a few that the words overlap and you can't read what it says.....or the writing is in red on dark backgrounds and hard for old people like me to read. Is it just my computer that does it or do others have that problem also???? Just curious...if I had my way all sites would be in large bold print LOL...darn maturity
biggrin.gif

web site resolutions are general set at 600x800/ If your computer resolution is set higher it will make it difficult to read or get things to line up. This is a general rule and it doesnt make it an absolute. If you are having problems you could try changing your resolution to make it easier to read. The color thing is just a preference for the site builder.

There are some web sites that are just poorly designed. I have seen many cases where the caption is in the lower portion of a picture or graphic and just disappears into the background.

I think people who are just beginning to design websites often forget there are viewers out there with different resolutions.

Sometimes a background will repeat itself if your window is larger than the background design. It makes it appear kinda funky, especially when the words just spread right over them.

I dislike black backgrounds or a high contrast background vs. text (green vs. red for instance).

KISS

Keep It Simple Sweetie

I know what you mean about some colors
wacko.gif

But if you're on a site where the text overlaps, or is too small to read.....

While you're on the site, click on VIEW at the top of your screen and chose TEXT SIZE from that menu and you can adjust the text size!

Overlaps: make text smaller. Too small: make it larger.

smile.gif

I tried what you said REO on your website and it didn't work for me. What am I doing wrong? I used internet explorer.

I don't know.
wacko.gif

My site is messed up right now. Maybe it does not work everywhere?

I was on Seahorse Farm's site and all the text was huge and overlapping everything. Ann is the one who told me what to do and it worked on her site fine. Maybe it does not do that on all texts? It's worth a shot though if you're on a site where stuff overlaps. Some times it works (although I was on a site yesterday and it didn't)

Is my text overlapping on your computer?

Oh, Okay REO, I thought maybe I was doing it wrong somehow. But you're right it is something good to know for future use. Didn't mean to pick on your site, but yours was the one I went to as you were the one who gave the tip. And yes, on my computer certain text overlaps on your site.

Tee hee!
laugh.gif
That's what I figured.

Yeah, arishost seems to never be around when I want to talk to them to help me get my site fixed so I can update it. I have many things fixed, big foal states to add, and I can't upload the changes yet.
wacko.gif

Is it the text for the colts that says "Click here for pedigree"?

Thanks for the heads up!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back