Obamas ties

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassett

Reaction score
West Central Wisconsin on the Mississippi River
1. Ahmadinejad Feted at Obama Fundraiser’s HotelIranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was feted on Thursday night by left-wing U.S. religious leaders and self-styled pacifists at a gala reception at New York’s Hyatt hotel — which is owned by the family of the Obama campaign’s national finance chairperson, Penny Pritzker. Several thousand protesters gathered on 42nd street, directly across from the hotel, late Thursday afternoon, including Beth Gilinsky, president of the Jewish Action Alliance; Frank Gaffney, president of the Center for Security Policy; and the Rev. Keith Roderick, the Episcopal canon to persecuted Christians. Ahmadinejad arrived at 8:45 p.m., nearly three hours late, and was protected by the Secret Service and Iranian security guards, Newsmax correspondent Kenneth R. Timmerman reported. Inside, the Iranian president was given a warm welcome by John Brademas, a former congressman from Indiana who rose to become Democratic whip in the House from 1977-1981. Also welcoming him was Nihad Awad, executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), which was named as an “unindicted co-conspirator” in an alleged criminal conspiracy to fund the Palestinian terrorist organization Hamas. Ahmadinejad began his address with an invocation of the 12th imam, according to a source who attended the event. He made a similar invocation of the 12th imam at the start of his speech to the U.N. General Assembly on Tuesday, adding that he hoped his actions “would hasten the Imam’s return.” He went on to blast Israel and the United States in that speech. The Mahdivist cult of Shia Islam, to which Ahmadinejad subscribes, holds that the 12th imam will “return” to earth after a period of worldwide conflagration, mass destruction, famine, and starvation. By calling on his own actions to “hasten” the imam’s return, many scholars of Islam believe that Ahmadinejad is revealing his intention to provoke a world war. Ahmadinejad has referred to Israel as “a dried, rotten tree that will collapse with a single storm,” and has called on the Muslim world to “prepare for the great war, so as to completely wipe out the Zionist regime and remove this cancerous growth.” Government buildings in Tehran are festooned with giant banners that read, “Israel should be wiped out of the face of the world” in English and Persian. Similar banners are draped across Shahab-3 missiles when the Iranian regime drives them through the streets of Tehran in military parades, Timmerman reports. Barack Obama has made negotiations with Ahmadinejad and other dictators a cornerstone of his foreign policy approach, in contrast to John McCain, who believes that the U.S. must spearhead an international coalition to prevent Iran from going nuclear. Obama has said that he is ready to sit down with Ahmadinejad “without preconditions” to negotiate a sweeping security agreement with his regime. McCain has dismissed this as “reckless,” and McCain’s top foreign policy adviser, Randy Scheunemann, has called it “cowboy diplomacy

Well all I can say is McCain better never stay at a Hyatt again. Or else he may have ties to Ahmadenajad. Rediculous how people will spin things to 'say' what they want. No actuall ties, but implications are enough now adays.
default_wacko.png

So because this Iranian guy stayed at a hotel that happens to be owned by family (are we talking mom and dad, or fourth-cousin, here?) of someone who works for Obama, we should be scared?

Bassett - when you provide a quote - could you please supply a link as well? That way we can read the quote on the website and in context.

From the apparent slant - not to mention the use of phrases like "self-styled pacifists" - this appears to be coming from a right wing source... and sure enough - it seems to have originated at Newsmax. Which is not to say it should be discounted - but just as if it originated at the Daily Kos, you must take the "slant" into consideration

IMO it is lousy "journalism " to go out of one's way to make such tenuous connections - the hotel being owned by the family of the fundraiser is hardly a newsworthy expose - and means nothing.

And just because Ahmadinejad is anti-Israel... and is beating his chest... does not mean Obama condones that or supports his actions and words - which is what the title and subtitle of this thread suggests...

Last edited by a moderator:
Tagalong or anyone else that does not find this disturbing - Out of all the Hotel's in New York City - Why this hotel? Doesn't that seem just a little odd?
No... why? Hyatt is a huge chain - the Grand Hyatt on 42nd St. in NYC where this event took place is an extremely upscale hotel that commonly hosts such affairs.

How many of these so called coincidences, or whatever you would like to call them are we suppose to OVER LOOK?
Lisa - the tenuous connection that was presented btween the Obama campaign organizer and the fact that her family owns tha Hyatt does not mean much of anything - beyond some Newsmax reporter's attempt to sensationalize their story beyond the Iranian factor alone and get that attention grabbing headline. It does not mean that Obama is backing Iran - as much as some of that article seemed to want to suggest.

I mean I can not be the only person that just puts the few above together and that doesn't spell - FEAR - If Obama was to become president?
Please explain what you FEAR then... (without going back to the oft-repreated Obama is a Muslim and swore his allegiance on the Koran kind of stuff that the viral emails love to spin - and that is false)... we can discuss it.
default_yes.gif

I say it is time to play connect the dots with Obama. I am sure they are other people he has connections with that are out there that would not be in the best interest of the United States, we may still find out about, or may never find out about.
Lisa - you could also play connect the tenuous dots with many of McCain"s connections and assiciates - or Bush's. I wish people and the media would address the issues and not just focus on the personal attacks... but that is JMO and YMMV.

Tagalong - I just do not buy into this is one of the only best hotels. It is just too much of a coincidence for me anyway. ( Now, if this was just one coincidence I may be able to overlook it. Right now he has too many to over look for me.

I have never been to New York, but some of my family has been and I have a very close family member that lived there for years.

If I went into everything that scares me about this man on the forum I personally think the thread would be deleted.

I posted a few above - but, they are much more that I just don't think would be allowed here.

I will make a list of a few things that spells FEAR to me. Now, what I list below does not include the financial plans he has I do not agree with.

1) I don't like the picture of him not saluting the American Flag.

2) I do not like his gun policy - I think we would have more guns in the hands of criminals, but we could not protect ourselves. I think it takes away hunting rights also. I had a friend years ago - I am talking my late teens - that they had to go hunting for rabbits to have something to eat. I can remember scrapping change to help her and her kids eat. She had a child very young.

3) What he is doing in my own home state right now - Missouri - with the prosecutes, sheriff, etc. ( I am still trying to find out information on that. I am hoping since today is Monday I can find out more)

4) I think Obama is a great speaker, but I also think we will lose a lot of our Freedom. I do not want to be controlled by our government more than we already are.

5) Most importantly of what I would like to discuss, but it would just become a battle and I think the thread would get deleted - Is my moral beliefs do not match his. I am not saying McCain's do either, but closer than Obamas.

Now, remember I am a Independent - I vote for who I feel is the best President.

I am sure there is more reasons, I am tired and drawing a blank on them right now. I wanted to at least list a few.

With knowing the information above ( not just the way I think) - but, contacts just listed in this thread. I would like to know why this doesn't scare people.

I should add - my husband loves to hunt and fish. He goes almost every years to CO to Elk Hunt. My brother, stepdad, etc. about 12 family members go. He also dear hunts sometimes - not often. His true love is fishing.

In hunting and fishing we only kill what we eat. ( I don't hunt, but I do fish sometimes) Now, I LOVE fresh fish - I will not eat deer or Elk. But, example when and if someone gets an Elk when they go to CO they split it all up. It does get ate ( just not by me..lol)

Susanne - your post isn't worth my time

Last edited:
Thanks, Bonnie! And, Lisa I agree. I sincerely fear for the future of our nation if we have to be lead by Barack Hussein Obama.

Jill - so am I - I will NEVER understand why people are not afraid of this man. Why they can not see through his Speaking?

Not - the fear alone - but, a lot of other things - but, they are posted on other threads.

You put it all together and it spells - TROUBLE - in my opinion.

It really makes wish we could have some kind of a "you must be at least this smart to vote" test... I wish I was joking.

Lisa, I apologize -- from all of your posts on the forum I thought you had such a great sense of humor...you've always made me laugh!

Susanne,

I thank you for your apology. I don't understand where you see I have a great sence of humor. In person, most people on here would probably be shocked on how silly I can really be.

On the forum, I am normally very serious in my post.

I do appreciate the apology. If I took it as an insult when it shouldn't have been taken that way - I am sorry also!

Well for all of you getting offended, Jill this bothers me alot.

Jill Posted Today, 05:58 AM It really makes wish we could have some kind of a "you must be at least this smart to vote" test... I wish I was joking.
Basically what your saying is if I don't agree with how you think and feel I am to stupid to be allowed to vote. Thats rather harsh IMO, just because I might have different views than you doesn't make me stupid.

I think all of this political junk is stupid, I don't think anyone you put in office is going to do a darn thing to make my life better. They will say whatever they need to so they get the vote. I don't think either one will keep any promise they have made to make my life better. They are all liars.

Jill Posted Today, 05:58 AM It really makes wish we could have some kind of a "you must be at least this smart to vote" test... I wish I was joking.
Basically what your saying is if I don't agree with how you think and feel I am to stupid to be allowed to vote. Thats rather harsh IMO, just because I might have different views than you doesn't make me stupid.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

It really makes wish we could have some kind of a "you must be at least this smart to vote" test... I wish I was joking.

Well, I almost hate to say anything, as personal and disrespectful as some of these threads have become on both sides, but that really is offensive, and I haven't even 100% made up my mind who I'm voting for. Regardless, I'm able to listen to and accept other people's opinions and don't (in most cases) think I'm smarter than them because we may have a difference of political opinion.

I fear for our country no matter who is voted in. If we base anything on the exchanges that have occured in these political threads, there is no way this country is going to work together no matter who is voted in. It will be a bunch of "I told you so's" and our economy will continue to decline as well as our relations with other countries.

Jill Posted Today, 05:58 AM

I think all of this political junk is stupid, I don't think anyone you put in office is going to do a darn thing to make my life better. They will say whatever they need to so they get the vote. I don't think either one will keep any promise they have made to make my life better. They are all liars.
I sooooooooo agree with your entire post.
default_aktion033.gif

So we have to be 'at least this smart to vote', and by 'smart' you mean 'agree with you'?

I don't think most Obama supporters are unaware of Obama's supposed 'ties' to these bad people. I think most supporters see just how flimsy those ties are, though. Sure Obama's a great speaker, but that is not why I'm supporting him!

Am I scared right now? You bet I am! We're on the eve of taking on a debt that will not be paid off in my lifetime, but if we don't take it our country is on the verge of total financial collapse. Yeah, Iran's being pretty obnoxious right now. But we also have to worry about Iraq, Afghanistan, China, North Korea, Russia...in our own country we have people going bankrupt from trying to pay medical bills, we have a failing infrastructure and failing schools on top of our normal worries.

So, scared? Yes. But none of my fears have to do with Obama.

Tagalong - I just do not buy into this is one of the only best hotels. It is just too much of a coincidence for me anyway. ( Now, if this was just one coincidence I may be able to overlook it. Right now he has too many to over look for me.
No - it is not one of the only fancy hotels - but questionable "connections" of that abstract a nature could be dug up about any venue. Trust me - the media can and will find a"story" in anything to make a headline, to sell papers, to get you to click on their link and give them hits, to get their story picked up by other media sources, or quoted...

Lisa - if you were presented with as many viral emails going into detail (whether facts or not) about McCain's connections, past political manouvers etc. - you might have issues with them too. As an independent, you need to give both candidates the same consideration. Yet any viral email about Obama, any comment, Jill constantly emphasizing Barack HUSSEIN Obama... the Six Degrees of Ahmadinejad that is now being trundled around... it just goes on and on. You need to read facts - not biased reporting. Check out all the stuff you hear at factcheck.org or snopes.com. They WILL tell you the facts.

I wish you were joking as well, Jill - because that "unless you agree with me you are ignorant " kind of comment is just sad, IMO.

Here is a heads up - both Obama and McCain have used nasty attack ads and twisted facts to suit their purpose. A lot of the PR is grandstanding and showboating to look good - like McCain's recent insistence that they drop their campaigns and hustle back to Washington to work on the bailout.

Well, he wound up in Mississippi for the debate anyway. Of course he was going to. BOTH sides have been guilty of such stunts at times.

Whoever winds up in the White House - there WILL be tax increases. The deficit has plunged into the cellar in the past 8 years after trying to climb out before that... and the country will have tp help that improve. So when anyone says read my lips - no new taxes they will not be able to stand by that. Any candidate who assures you that no new taxes will be forthcoming is s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g the truth. They know that will not be the case.

Check out the whoppers that BOTH candidates have laid on us....

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/th...rs_of_2008.html

Let's address this one again...

1) I don't like the picture of him not saluting the American Flag.
And from factcheck.org... http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/sliming_obama.html

The photograph was taken during a "steak-fry" for Sen. Tom Harkin of Iowa on Sept. 16, 2007. What is pictured is the singing of the national anthem, not a recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance. For proof, see the video taken by ABC News during the event.
And for proof that Obama has no problem reciting the Pledge of Allegiance, check this video of C-SPAN’s recording of the Senate’s morning business, with Obama presiding, on June 21, 2007. Or this one from Feb. 1, 2007.

A point not raised in this e-mail: Some have complained that Obama should have placed his hand over his heart during the singing of the anthem, as pictured in the Time photo. It is true that the U.S. Code states that "all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart." But the word "should" rather than "shall" makes that a recommendation and not a legal requirement. To confirm, we spoke with Anne Garside, director of communication for the Maryland Historical Society – home of the original manuscript of "The Star-Spangled Banner," and asked if anyone could be punished for not placing their hands over their hearts during the national anthem. She quickly replied, "Oh, of course not," adding that "there is no obligation to put your hand over your heart." Garside told us she has been asked numerous times about this rumor and finds the controversy to have "gotten a little bit ridiculous."
As I noted at the time - I watched the crowd during baseball games - and only about half of them even faced the flag when the national anthem was played - let alone placed their hands over their hearts and sang...

There are also many photos of Obama with his hand over his heart - both from before and after that event. But of course those are never noted as they do not have a "story".

) I do not like his gun policy - I think we would have more guns in the hands of criminals, but we could not protect ourselves. I think it takes away hunting rights also. I had a friend years ago - I am talking my late teens - that they had to go hunting for rabbits to have something to eat. I can remember scrapping change to help her and her kids eat. She had a child very young.

Lisa - that is incorrect.

Here are the facts as per what the NRA has claimed about Obama... I would quote it but it is long and also features the NRA commercials....

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/nr...gets_obama.html

Check out factcheck. Note that they clear up nonsense about both candidates or rightly point out when one of them has screwed up.

This is far too important an election to be based on political chicanery and overblown hyperbole...

Tagalong - Thanks for putting up the link to FactCheck; I was just about to do that. A gentleman I work with is always saying things he has heard about Obama and I just say, "We'll see." I don't like to talk about religion or politics and sometimes sports at the office. Well he sent me this e-mail that had quotes from Obama's 2 books. It was the last straw. I sent him the link to FactCheck. I still don't think he believes me though.

Latest posts

Back