Obamas plan

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So much of this is total nonsense! If Obama wants to spend the money on people to make their lives better, I would much rather see that then to see it spent on Bushes and Mc Cains war! From what I have seen, Obama has much more common sense about the use of our money than McCain has. If all the money that was spent on this crazy war would have been used for the betterment of the average American person we wouldn't be so totally in debt to China and other countries. Mc Cain has become DESPERATE about what to do next to try and win the election and all he has left is to try and ruin his opponants reputation and that seems to be the ploy being used here also. I want to give credit to those who don't buy into all the propaganda.! JMHO
Talk about desperate, where did I write about the war?

Simple 2+2 math, you can not cut funding (taxes) and increase spending. The ONLY program Obama has even hinted at is lowering foreign aid and that's it. (Every time the question gets asked he deflects on what McCain is doing wrong.) If we went to work on Monday and our company is having trouble making ends meet and the boss says "Everyone gets a raise AND we are cutting our products price", would you get behind him and say, "Wow he's brilliant."

When you are talking about people buying into propaganda do you really think Obama is going to be able to get all those programs he's selling the American public on into effect with this economy? Do you think he's even going to get a 1/3 into play.

Obama is a dreamer, which is a great, vital thing but not for the Commander in Chief.

Debate me on the issues, I crave that from here, not the silly nonsense about cars and that bs. What I've laid before you IS OBAMA'S PLATFORM, there is not some big ploy as you put it. From both sides on here I've seen when it can not get rebuked it either turns to silence or sneers. Guess I for one would rather hear the silence than meaningless comments.

I said before I'm not big on either candidate but I did my homework and came out with who I thought was best. Now many are not big on Bush but remember he was voted by the MAJORITY of the people, so obviously by your own conclusions sometimes the people don't get it right.

OH. You're talking about the "Making Work Pay" tax credit.

"Obama's tax plan began with a "Making Work Pay" credit that would offset payroll taxes on the first $8,100 of earnings, generating up to $500 per person or $1,000 per family. The campaign said that would eliminate income taxes for 10 million low-income Americans."

Note we're not talking about eliminating taxes for random middle class people. These folks would have their income taxes eliminated because they are making SO LITTLE that the $1,000 tax credit is more than or equal to the amount of income tax they pay.

They get the same tax credit as everyone else does, though.

this crazy war
I beg to differ with you. I don't necessarily agree that this is a crazy war. I would much rather have it fought where it is than have it on OUR homefront which it definitely would be had we done nothing. jmho

OK, so with that sentiment in mind then, you will take a 13 yo boy who shoots a Squirrel and put him in prison??? I mean, itsnt that the EXACT same thing? Not know the facts, not know the future but plan a preemptive strike, JIC? That is just insane talk. This isnt a crazy war, this is a *&$^#%#@ insane war. << And I mean Iraq, not Afghanistan.

We are a democracy, we are not a dictatorship. To invade another country because 'we think' they may invade us? Guess then we will be actually going into N Viet Nam , Iran, China, Russia to name a few. They 'may' attack, better go git em first
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

this crazy war
I beg to differ with you. I don't necessarily agree that this is a crazy war. I would much rather have it fought where it is than have it on OUR homefront which it definitely would be had we done nothing. jmho

OK, so with that sentiment in mind then, you will take a 13 yo boy who shoots a Squirrel and put him in prison??? I mean, itsnt that the EXACT same thing? Not know the facts, not know the future but plan a preemptive strike, JIC? That is just insane talk. This isnt a crazy war, this is a *&$^#%#@ insane war. << And I mean Iraq, not Afghanistan.

We are a democracy, we are not a dictatorship. To invade another country because 'we think' they may invade us? Guess then we will be actually going into N Viet Nam , Iran, China, Russia to name a few.

They 'may' attack, better go git em first

Pepi this is just plain crazy talk you are spewing. All I did was state my opinion and as always if an opinion doesn't agree with yours it is not right.
default_wacko.png
I would like to keep this war away from my front door. Enough said. That is MY opinion. Nothing else.

Last edited by a moderator:
When people say that they would rather fight them over there than over here, because they 'may' eventually, some century attack us, that to me is insane. It is one thing to go after someone that has actually attacked you in some way, then to go after someone who is at the moment, minding their own business. Saddam was an evil man, no doubt about it, but if we went after every evil man or invaded every country because they may attack us, well, you can guess where that is going.

No one wants a war in their yard. I get that. But how can it be right to attack and invade a country because 'they may' attack? I dont think Saddam would have ever been crazy enough to attack us. He was way to happy to be his own little dictator in his own little country.

Do you think we should attack any other countries? << I ask that in all sincerity and not out of sarcasm.

Have any of you Obama supporters heard anything he's said about pulling out of Iran so he has more troops to put into Afghanistan? Do you think he's planning a tea party??? If you're so dead set against war, no matter what reasons there are for it, you wouldn't be voting for Obama any more than you'd be voting for McCain.

Do you think we should attack any other countries?
Thank God none of us are in a position to have to make those decisions. But Obama has already stated that he's not only going into Afghanistan....but that he's gonna bomb Palestine.

Well Palin said she is going into Russia and Iran!!!!
Lets go get em.. before they get us!!!
Since Palin is not running for president she can say just about anything she wants..

Now Obama on the other hand said..he will go into Iran and afghanistan..NO WAR, NO WAR..I will bring the troops home within 15 month..OOps sorry..this was 1 year ago..hard to keep up!

I had rather have a leader willing to talk w/people we disagree with, or who we know are against our beliefs, than bomb them? I also like the idea of creative thinking and new ideas. I also find him much more reflective and introspective, even though I respect and appreciate McCain. Bigger, meaner and stronger, is not what I want for the future.
default_saludando.gif

Lildrummer

No LowRise here is is; the exact word for word statement taken off the Obama website:

Provide a Tax Cut for Working Families: Obama and Biden will restore fairness to the tax code and provide 150 million workers the tax relief they need. Obama and Biden will create a new "Making Work Pay" tax credit of up to $500 per person, or $1,000 per working family. The "Making Work Pay" tax credit will completely eliminate income taxes for 10 million Americans.

It is very carefully construed as to lead the average working joe that they will be getting a tax cut, or as Obama put it, "Completely eliminating income taxes for 10 million Americans." They don't put "low income" anywhere in the paragraph. A good solid eighty percent of us are the average working joe, do I think Obama is crazy enough to cut eighty percent of the revenue, no. What I do see is a very cleaver way for a lot of those "Joe" to buy into the idea. There is no "change" here it's the same old, I'll promise you the moon if you get me in office, since the dawn of time.

ML good to see your taking a page out of Obama's book, when you don't have an answer dodge and deflect on to McCain/Palin.
default_laugh.png

Oh Marlee, I was just being silly sarcastic on the way Palin was war mongering a few weeks ago.. She stopped that and is now fear mongering..
default_smile.png
She isn't the only one doing that
default_rolleyes.gif
it seems to be prevalent around here too
default_wink.png

I know silly me, I went through the trouble of learning the candidates platforms and researching them simply so I could threaten everyone with a big stick.
default_wacko.png

I know some of my post get a bit catty as well in truth I am a bit that way but there was "meat" in my posts and concerns that no one bit into. Anyways this is my last post on these subjects as, as I age I'm trying to become a better person not the B!*@$ I am (but then again dad always said play to your strong suit
default_wink.png
) with any luck I will not even come and look here till after the Elections. ('Cause I know I can't shut up.)

If Obama gets elected and becomes the best president ever I'm ecstatic because I'm benefiting same as the rest of the US. If he gets elected and things go worse, middle class me is in the same boat as everyone else. Win or lose I'm voting for the candidate who stood out best according to my research and in the end that is all any of us can do.

Since Palin is not running for president she can say just about anything she wants..

Now Obama on the other hand said..he will go into Iran and afghanistan..NO WAR, NO WAR..I will bring the troops home within 15 month..OOps sorry..this was 1 year ago..hard to keep up!
Do you condone Palin saying anything she wants including smear tactics just because she is running for the second highest office in

the United States instead of the highest office.. McCain is now retracting many of his ads and Palin jibes as this tactic has

probably cost him any chance at the Presidency.. I don't blame McCain for this... but his campaign managers. Since the

campaign has turned so vile, McCain started looking ill. The sad part is Palin looked like she was enjoying her smear campaign.

No she isnt, but she is running for the 2nd seat. McCain isnt a spring chicken and while I hope he lives a long life, lets be real. He was tortured and has had illness. That is not a recipe for long life. What if he doesnt make his full term? What will Palin do? She has given us some strong hints.

No LowRise here is is; the exact word for word statement taken off the Obama website:
Provide a Tax Cut for Working Families: Obama and Biden will restore fairness to the tax code and provide 150 million workers the tax relief they need. Obama and Biden will create a new "Making Work Pay" tax credit of up to $500 per person, or $1,000 per working family. The "Making Work Pay" tax credit will completely eliminate income taxes for 10 million Americans.
Sometimes, you have to do a little more research. This is from a website that doesn't even support the tax plan, but they still get it. http://www.taxfoundation.org/blog/show/22617.html

"Obama's tax plan began with a "Making Work Pay" credit that would offset payroll taxes on the first $8,100 of earnings, generating up to $500 per person or $1,000 per family. The campaign said that would eliminate income taxes for 10 million low-income Americans."

Have any of you Obama supporters heard anything he's said about pulling out of Iran so he has more troops to put into Afghanistan? Do you think he's planning a tea party??? If you're so dead set against war, no matter what reasons there are for it, you wouldn't be voting for Obama any more than you'd be voting for McCain.

Do you think we should attack any other countries?
Thank God none of us are in a position to have to make those decisions. But Obama has already stated that he's not only going into Afghanistan....but that he's gonna bomb Palestine.

Actually, he wont be going into Afghanistan as we are already there. He will be increasing troops because the Taliban, who back Al Qeda , is increasing in power and strength since we are bogged down in Iraq. Ihave never, ever once, said I am against war. I have said, time and again, that I am against war just so they dont get us here. IOW, take it to them before they get to us. A country, person etc, has to make a first move. An actual, first move. Sad and as terrible as that is, we cannot just go invading countries because they may, at one time, attack us.

I would love for us to be able to go into these p-ant countries who have evil people run them, and clean them out. But if we have learned anything in the last 8 years, we cannot afford to do that. Shoot, with the state we are in now, Joe six-pack better be stashing his shells back.

As for Palestine. Please post where you heard that. All I have heard of how he 'may' attack a country is if they attack another NATO and we are asked to go in. WITH the exception of Pakistan.

As for Palestine. Please post where you heard that. All I have heard of how he 'may' attack a country is if they attack another NATO and we are asked to go in. WITH the exception of Pakistan.
I would like to know where that came from as well.... a link, please? I have not read or seen anything about bombing Palestine... which would not happen as you would essentially be bombing Israel and Israelis as well... as any map of the West Bank will show you.

Actually, he wont be going into Afghanistan as we are already there.
Exactly. And while millions are spent in Iraq... Al Qaedah is on the rise in Afghanistan again - and then there's that guy we were going to catch in two weeks... two months... two years... how many years? Osama Bin Laden is still out there doing whatever the heck he pleases....

Gee Marlee where in the world did you come up with the notion that I was speaking to you? What I said was not addressed to you at all and I don't know why you think it was. Are you just being desperate as to who to blame for your misunderstanding my comments.
default_no.gif
I did not say you wrote something about the war and I have no idea where you came up with such a thing/ And I too do my research but I may not draw the same conclusions as you have and I think that is the way it should be....to each his own opinion so I hope you let it go for I don't care to be attacked like that.
default_unsure.png

So much of this is total nonsense! If Obama wants to spend the money on people to make their lives better, I would much rather see that then to see it spent on Bushes and Mc Cains war! From what I have seen, Obama has much more common sense about the use of our money than McCain has. If all the money that was spent on this crazy war would have been used for the betterment of the average American person we wouldn't be so totally in debt to China and other countries. Mc Cain has become DESPERATE about what to do next to try and win the election and all he has left is to try and ruin his opponants reputation and that seems to be the ploy being used here also. I want to give credit to those who don't buy into all the propaganda.! JMHO
Talk about desperate, where did I write about the war?

Simple 2+2 math, you can not cut funding (taxes) and increase spending. The ONLY program Obama has even hinted at is lowering foreign aid and that's it. (Every time the question gets asked he deflects on what McCain is doing wrong.) If we went to work on Monday and our company is having trouble making ends meet and the boss says "Everyone gets a raise AND we are cutting our products price", would you get behind him and say, "Wow he's brilliant."

When you are talking about people buying into propaganda do you really think Obama is going to be able to get all those programs he's selling the American public on into effect with this economy? Do you think he's even going to get a 1/3 into play.

Obama is a dreamer, which is a great, vital thing but not for the Commander in Chief.

Debate me on the issues, I crave that from here, not the silly nonsense about cars and that bs. What I've laid before you IS OBAMA'S PLATFORM, there is not some big ploy as you put it. From both sides on here I've seen when it can not get rebuked it either turns to silence or sneers. Guess I for one would rather hear the silence than meaningless comments.

I said before I'm not big on either candidate but I did my homework and came out with who I thought was best. Now many are not big on Bush but remember he was voted by the MAJORITY of the people, so obviously by your own conclusions sometimes the people don't get it right.

Latest posts

Back