Obamas plan

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simplify Tax Filings for Middle Class Americans: Obama and Biden will dramatically simplify tax filings so that millions of Americans will be able to do their taxes in less than five minutes. Obama and Biden will ensure that the IRS uses the information it already gets from banks and employers to give taxpayers the option of pre-filled tax forms to verify, sign and return. Experts estimate that the Obama-Biden proposal will save Americans up to 200 million total hours of work and aggravation and up to $2 billion in tax preparer fees.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

default_new_rofl.gif
this guy really believes all americans are STUPID..how is this creating jobs?? Sign and return..we tell you what you get..the end..

this guy really believes all americans are STUPID..how is this creating jobs?? Sign and return..we tell you what you get..the end..
????

I must have missed something - this seems to be about simplifying the tax filing process - not "creating jobs"....
default_unsure.png

Simplify Tax Filings for Middle Class Americans: Obama and Biden will dramatically simplify tax filings so that millions of Americans will be able to do their taxes in less than five minutes. Obama and Biden will ensure that the IRS uses the information it already gets from banks and employers to give taxpayers the option of pre-filled tax forms to verify, sign and return. Experts estimate that the Obama-Biden proposal will save Americans up to 200 million total hours of work and aggravation and up to $2 billion in tax preparer fees. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

default_new_rofl.gif

I'm not sure how you are tying job creation to Obamas ideas on simplifing tax returns. His idea sounds like a good one to me. Do you really think that individuals tell the IRS what they owe or the amount of the refund now? Make a mistake on your taxes and you will find out that they(IRS) certainly do tell you what you owe.

Gary

Simplify Tax Filings for Middle Class Americans: Obama and Biden will dramatically simplify tax filings so that millions of Americans will be able to do their taxes in less than five minutes. Obama and Biden will ensure that the IRS uses the information it already gets from banks and employers to give taxpayers the option of pre-filled tax forms to verify, sign and return. Experts estimate that the Obama-Biden proposal will save Americans up to 200 million total hours of work and aggravation and up to $2 billion in tax preparer fees. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

default_new_rofl.gif

I'm not sure how you are tying job creation to Obamas ideas on simplifing tax returns. His idea sounds like a good one to me. Do you really think that individuals tell the IRS what they owe or the amount of the refund now? Make a mistake on your taxes and you will find out that they(IRS) certainly do tell you what you owe.

Gary
No joke! If you have no deductions or itemization and one, reported source of income, your taxes SHOULD only take you a few minutes...not like it is now
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

I'm not sure how you are tying job creation to Obamas ideas on simplifing tax returns
Actually there will most likely be a LOSS of more jobs if Obama is elected. The taxes that Obama want to put on small businesses is going to do a lot of these small businesses in................ Those of you who are for Obama how many of you are currently employed by a small business? Are you willing to lose your job just to get your man in office?

For businesses that make over $250,000. Do most small businesses make over $250k? Not starting something here... it's just a question.

---------------------------

Posted Yesterday, 07:41 PM

"Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I thought counterfeiting was illegal. Just where else is he going to get all this money"

Probably the same place George Bush did.

Right on Cathy H!!-

Yes there are alot of small businesses who have a couple employees who DO make over $250,000! So is it worth it for them to lose their jobs to get him in??

NO!!

Did you notice the smirk on his face when McCain was talking, it got old to see. McCain was also writing things down, not being so cocky as I saw Obama-IMO

For businesses that make over $250,000. Do most small businesses make over $250k? Not starting something here... it's just a question
.......................... I'm sure some of them do. I heard someone say that there were 300 thousand small businesses started (even in this economy ) ....... Some of them will be short lived if Obama is elected ......... I think that is the number that I heard - ( I will have to research to make sure )............................................. Obama keeps saying we've got to help out the medium income people. Won't a lot of these small businesses be middle income? Is he or ain't he?

Did you notice the smirk on his face when McCain was talking, it got old to see. McCain was also writing things down, not being so cocky as I saw Obama
............ Obama was performing as a politician - as that is what he is - you can't change your habits & looks overnight - so expect more of the same if he gets in the White House. And according to Obama he is since he used the phrase, "during my first term in the White House".

Last edited by a moderator:
I was rather impressed that Obama was going mostly 'off the cuff', whereas McCain seemed to be consulting his cards and writing down a lot of notes. People criticize when he uses a teleprompter, people criticize when he uses nothing.
default_no.gif

From everything I'm reading, it's hard to find an 'average' amount for a small business owner to make. I've seen several people saying that $50,000-$60,000 is not uncommon in a new businesses first and second year. I found another saying a survey done in 2005 showed most small businesses making around $200,000.

On the debate..I was NOT impressed by either canditate..had some will power..But fell asleep during the debate
default_new_shocked.gif
..it seemslike the republicans have a democrate running now..(baling out mortgages) ..
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png
I believe that Obama will win..and we going to be in a load of trouble..

As for income on businesses..is this NET income or is it overhead..think we would need some more info on this..

Can the republicans switch canditates..maybe
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_rolleyes.gif
we keep Palin so..just for Mary LOU!
default_saludando.gif

default_new_rofl.gif

Gary

Oh yes, and if the error is in the taxpayers favor, does the IRS step in and give a refund? We all know the answer to that one.

7 years ago my $175 an hour CPA messed up our taxes. That was starting 7 years ago. It took the IRS 3 years to catch it. We owed all the penalties etc because our CPA denied any wrongdoing. So who made out? The CPA and the IRS. Period. I am all for making it easier to get any tax documents in under my own steam.

Did you notice the smirk on his face when McCain was talking, it got old to see. McCain was also writing things down, not being so cocky as I saw Obama-IMO
Smirk? I saw That One watching and listening to the other candidate speak... and paying attention. I saw The Other One consulting notes and cards... and not giving his opponent any notice as he spoke.

I saw no "cockiness". From anyone.

I was puzzled as to why the McCains did not stick around to visit with the crowd as politicians are wont to do... you should never pass up an opportunity to do some PR and greet people.

All that being said - the debate was a snoozer... and I am still trying to figure out why it is so
default_new_rofl.gif
if filing taxes is made easier - and how that equates to creating jobs or thinking Americans are stupid...

*puzzled*

Last edited by a moderator:
Something else I found curious. McCain's spent the last week or so saying he's really going to ramp up the attacks on Obama-and at least in his ads and print, he has been. Palin's been giving him the 3rd degree, too.

However, we saw very little of that last night from McCain. Why? I don't think it was the format. Although they weren't really given time for rebuttals, either candidate could have used an answer to attack the other.

I was puzzled as to why the McCains did not stick around to visit with the crowd as politicians are wont to do... you should never pass up an opportunity to do some PR and greet people
This is a really wierd remark as I saw them going around shaking peoples hands and talking to them. And I watched the whole thing.

I really will hate to see Michelle Obama as 1st lady. That woman has absolutely NO personality at all. For some reason I just can not warm up to her. She just doesn't have what it takes to be in the public eye. jmho

I thought candidate's families were off limits?

I like Michelle Obama, personally, and I love seeing the relationship that she and Barack have. They seem so genuinely into each other.

Bassett - I watched the whole thing as well... *puzzled again* ... and they did not stick around. Letting the focus thus be on the Obamas seemed like a bad plan...

Even one of the staunch McCain supporter guys on the radio this a.m. expressed his disappointment about that.

Back