Obama

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassett

Reaction score
West Central Wisconsin on the Mississippi River
6. Washington Times Quotes Newsmax ReportA leading national security expert has cited an exclusive report by Newsmax correspondent Kenneth R. Timmerman in an article about Barack Obama’s ties to controversial figures. Frank Gaffney, president of the Center for Security Policy, wrote in a Washington Times article published Tuesday, “What do [iranian President] Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Barack Obama have in common?” He answered, “Both have chosen to spend much of their lives in the company of people who are virulently hostile to this country.” Gaffney mentioned Obama’s former pastor Jeremiah Wright — who called on God to “darn America” — convicted terrorist William Ayers, and Frank Marshall Davis, a “Stalinist black communist” whom Obama described as a formative influence during his early years in Hawaii. Gaffney then explored Obama’s relationship with Khalid al-Mansour, formerly Don Warden, attributing his disclosures this way: “According to investigative reporter Kenneth Timmerman.” Gaffney wrote, including a quote from Timmerman’s report: “Since his conversion to Islam, al-Mansour has worked closely with a Saudi billionaire anxious to ‘exert influence in the United States,’ Prince Alwaleed bin Talal. It will be recalled that the latter was the Wahhabi whose largesse then-New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani famously spurned after 9/11 upon learning the Saudi royal had blamed American policies for that day's horrific attack. Obama reportedly benefited from [his] help in securing a position at Harvard Law School.” Timmerman first broke the story about al-Mansour in an exclusive Newsmax report published on Sept. 3. In a follow-up story published on Tuesday, best-selling author Timmerman observed: “How exactly did Barack Obama pay for his Harvard Law School education? “The way the Obama campaign has answered the question was simply hard work and student loans. “But new questions have been raised about Obama’s student loans and Obama’s ties to a radical Muslim activist who reportedly was raising money for Obama’s Harvard studies during the years 1988 to 1991. “The allegations first surfaced in late March, when former Manhattan Borough President Percy Sutton told a New York cable channel that a former business partner who was ‘raising money’ for Obama had approached him in 1988 to help Obama get into Harvard Law School. “In the interview, Sutton says he first heard of Obama about 20 years ago from Khalid Al-Mansour, a Black Muslim and Black Nationalist who was a ‘mentor’ to the founders of the Black Panther party at the time the party was founded in the early 1960s. “Sutton described al-Mansour as advisor to ‘one of the world’s richest men,’ Saudi prince Alwaleed bin Talal.”

I like that "a said that b said that he heard c say that d reported it on e's newspaper because g said that h said it was true because he heard j say it" Cracks me up!! And this is true because someone 'thinks' there is a correspondence? Ya know what, I bet that McCain is a **$^#^ Commie because he spent 5 years in Viet Nam and when asked if he wanted to come home, he said no!!! OMG, we cant elect him because he CHOSE to stay!!!!!.

Now doesnt that all sound just a tad bit rediculous?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bassett, I see you have posted # 1 and #6. I'm curious to know what list this is, where you got it, and what the other numbers involve.

I'm amused at how hard some people are trying to invoke the 6 degrees of separation rule into politics. Oy.

Funny..just got an email to this effect..

A pilot's perspective on Obama…

,,,DO I HAVE THIS STRAIGHT?

HIS FATHER WAS A BLACK AFRICAN MUSLIM FROM KENYA

WE HAVE SEEN PICTURES OF HIS AFRICAN FAMILY.

HIS MOTHER WAS A WHITE AMERICAN ATHEIST FROM KANSAS

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES OF HIS AMERICAN FAMILY?

HIS FATHER DESERTED HIS MOTHER WHEN HE WAS ONLY TWO YEARS OLD AND WENT BACK TO AFRICA BY WAY OF HARVARD UNIVERSITY HOW? - WAS HIS FATHER WEALTHY?

HIS MOTHER MARRIED AN INDONESIAN MUSLIM AND THEN MOVED TO JAKARTA WHERE HE WAS ENROLLED IN A MUSLIM SCHOOL .

WHEN HE REACHED HIGH SCHOOL AGE HIS MOTHER SENT HIM TO HAWAII TO BE WITH HIS WHITE GRANDPARENTS AND HE WAS PUT INTO AN EXPENSIVE PRIVATE SCHOOL. HE LATER WENT TO HARVARD UNIVERSITY HOW? - WERE HIS GRANDPARENTS RICH?

HE LIVES IN A $1.4 MILLION HOUSE OBTAINED THROUGH A DEAL WITH A WEALTHY FUNDRAISER. HOW?

HE 'WORKED' AS A CIVIL RIGHTS ACTIVIST IN CHICAGO . HE HAS NEVER HELD A PRODUCTIVE JOB OR RECEIVED A PAY CHECK THAT WAS NOT GOVERNMENT-FUNDED AND/OR TAYPAYER SUPPORTED.

THE PRESIDENCY IS NOT A CIVIL RIGHTS POSITION, NOR IS IT SUBJECT TO AFFIRMATIVE ACTION SET ASIDES; ON-THE-JOB TRAINING WON'T CUT IT.

HE ENTERED POLITICS AT THE STATE LEVEL AND THEN THE NATIONAL LEVEL WHERE HE HAS MINIMAL EXPERIENCE.

HE IS PROUD OF HIS 'AFRICAN HERITAGE' (A FATHER WHO GOT A WHITE GIRL PREGNANT AND DESERTED HER).

WHERE IS THE PRIDE IN HIS 'WHITE HERITAGE'? (A MOTHER WHO FLAUNTED CONVENTION AND DID NOT BELIEVE IN GOD).

SOME MIGHT THINK THERE WAS NOT MUCH TO BE PROUD OF EITHER WAY

HE BELONGS, AND HAS BELONGED FOR OVER 20 YEARS, TO AN 'AFRO-CENTRIC' CHURCH IN CHICAGO THAT HATES WHITES, HATES JEWS, AND BLAMES AMERICA FOR ALL THE WORLD'S PERCEIVED FAULTS. (INCLUDING CREATING THE AIDs VIRUS IN ORDER TO INFLICT IT ON AFRICANS).

HE REPEATEDLY WHITEWASHES THE PASTOR, HIS CHURCH AND THE MEMBERS WHO CHEERED AFTER HEARING VITRIOLIC TIRADES AGAINST AMERICA ...

HE COULD NOT CONFRONT HIS PASTOR BUT HE WANTS US TO BELIEVE HE CAN CONFRONT NORTH KOREA AND IRAN ? YEAH RIGHT ! !

DURING HIS VERY BRIEF TIME IN THE UNITED STATES SENATE HE HAS MANAGED TO AMASS THE NUMBER ONE ULTRA LIBERAL VOTING RECORD OUT OF THE ONE HUNDRED MEMBERS.

HE HAS VOTED CONSISTENTLY FOR BIGGER GOVERNMENT AND HIGHER TAXES. HE HAS VOTED FOR BIG ENTITLEMENTS AND LEGISLATION THAT WOULD SEVERELY CURTAIL AMERICA 'S ABILITY TO FIGHT TERRORISM AND TO PROTECT OUR BORDERS AND OUR NATIONAL INTERESTS AROUND THE WORLD.

BUT, HE IS A GOOD ORATOR. ISN'T THAT A COMFORT?

YEAH, I THINK I SEE HOW WELL HE COULD UNITE THE COUNTRY.

I THINK THE TRUTH IS THAT HE HOPES NO ONE WILL PUT THE PIECES TOGETHER.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO OUR NEW CHIEF PILOT. HE HAS NEVER FLOWN AN AIRPLANE, IN FACT HE HAS NEVER EVEN SAT IN THE COCKPIT, BUT HE SAYS HE HAS RIDDEN ON PLANES BEFORE. WE ARE SURE HE WILL GUIDE US SAFELY THROUGH THE STORMS WE MAY ENCOUNTER ON THIS FLIGHT.

PEOPLE WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD THE STORY ABOUT THE WOLF HIDING IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING SO HE CAN DESTROY THEM FROM WITH-IN? THE HAND WRITING IS ON THE WALL, DO YOU NOT HAVE EYES TO SEE IT ?

THINK LONG AND HARD BEFORE YOU VOTE FOR THIS GUY! CONSIDER YOUR KIDS & GRANDKIDS

THEIR FUTURE IS IN OUR VOTING HANDS.

Bassett, I see you have posted # 1 and #6. I'm curious to know what list this is, where you got it, and what the other numbers involve.
I'm amused at how hard some people are trying to invoke the 6 degrees of separation rule into politics. Oy.

2. Ambassador Holbrooke: Don’t Let Ahmadinejad SpeakIran is “uniquely dangerous” due to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s threat to destroy Israel — and the Iranian leader should not be allowed to speak in the U.S., says former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Richard Holbrooke. "People haven't focused energy on the core reason that Iran is uniquely dangerous — because of specific threats Iran has issued to another country based on ethnicity," Holbrooke said at the State-Sanctioned Incitement to Genocide Conference in Washington, D.C., on Sept. 23. "I do want to underscore . . . that the full title of the 1948 Genocide Convention is in fact the ‘Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of Genocide.’ Genocide is only defined after it occurs. We must focus on prevention.” Ahmadinejad was addressing the U.N. during the week that the conference was held. "Ahmadinejad is at the U.N. — we can't stop him from speaking there" because the U.N. should be a forum for all, said Holbrooke, who is now on the board of directors of the Council on Foreign Relations. "I've never supported a ban against anyone there because we would damage ourselves. But we should never invite him to speak anywhere else. Not because I'm afraid his words will influence anyone who hears them, but because he uses these forums to legitimize himself in Iran. “We need people in Iran to denounce him. There are many vulnerabilities in this man. By singling out Ahmadinejad on this issue we send a signal to the Iranian leadership that their ties to Hezbollah will not sell internationally. "We want to generate debate over Iran. We want them to understand they'll face isolation in the international community.” The conference was sponsored by the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs, Genocide Watch, Conference of Presidents of Major Jewish Organizations, International Association of Genocide Scholars, and Yale University's Initiative for the Interdisciplinary Study of Anti-Semitism. Editor's Note:

3. Biden Has Given Little to CharityDemocratic vice presidential nominee Joe Biden has released his personal income tax records — revealing that the Delaware senator and his wife have been very stingy when it comes to charitable gifts. The Bidens had an adjusted gross income of $319,853 in 2007, including his Senate salary, book royalties, and his wife’s salary as an English teacher. But their charitable gifts totaled $995 — just 0.31 percent of their income, according to the TaxProf Web site. The year before, they earned $248,859 and donated just $380, or 0.15 percent of their adjusted gross income. Over the past decade they reported giving an average of $369 a year to charity, Bloomberg.com reports. According to Independent Sector, the average annual charitable donation among households earning in excess of $200,000 is $20,434. The Bidens’ “lack of charitable giving at that level of income would definitely be outside the range of what we say is normal,” Russell James, a professor at the University of Georgia who conducts research on charitable giving, told Bloomberg. Republican presidential nominee John McCain’s tax returns show he had an adjusted gross income of $386,527 last year and had charitable givings of $105,467, or 27.3 percent of income. His wife Cindy files separately. His Democratic rival Barack Obama had $4.13 million in income in 2007 and gave $240,370, or 5.8 percent. Editor's Note:

4. Palin’s Newsmax Interview Gains Wide PlayNewsmax created a stir in the rest of the media by featuring an exclusive interview with Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin before she became John McCain’s surprise choice for running mate. In the September issue of Newsmax magazine, Palin discussed global warming, the upcoming election, her achievements as governor, and the need for increased oil drilling in Alaska. The issue was already hitting the stands when McCain announced that Palin would be his vice presidential nominee on Aug. 29. That same day, the Newsmax interview was cited by The Washington Post, ABC News, Newsday, Politico, the Los Angeles Times, and The New Republic. Other media outlets chimed in the following day, Aug. 30: the St. Louis Post Dispatch, Talking Points Memo, and Mother Jones. CNN.com publicized the interview on Aug. 31, and Time magazine’s Web site caught up with the story on Sept. 1. In the days that followed, Newsmax’s Palin interview was cited by the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, the Orlando Sentinel, The National Review Online, the Chicago Tribune, the Baltimore Sun, Portfolio.com, Media Life Magazine, The Moderate Voice, and for a second time by the Los Angeles Times. Editor's Note:

5. Hillary Campaign Still Deep in DebtHillary Clinton is still struggling to repay her huge campaign debt despite presidential nominee Barack Obama’s attempts to stir up financial support from his backers. Clinton owed about $22.2 million at the end of August, down from approximately $24 million at the end of July, according to figures filed a week ago with the Federal Election Commission. Clinton spokesman Mo Elleithee said Hillary’s campaign reduced what it owes to vendors from $12 million in June to less than $9 million by Aug. 31. Hillary lent herself $13 million to help fund her campaign, but Elleithee told the New York Daily News: “Hillary’s said repeatedly that her main focus is to pay debts to the small vendors. She’s not really looking to be repaid for the money she lent to the campaign.” An Obama aide told the Daily News that the candidate is planning to help Hillary raise funds this fall, and is urging top backers to make the maximum legal donation to Clinton’s campaign. Meanwhile Clinton has reportedly helped raise more than $5 million for the Obama campaign. Editor's Note:

Folks - when you get this absurd viral emails - and I do not care which candidate they are about (although I have seen very few that attack McCain like that - they tend to come mainly from one direction) please take a moment to actually check out the FACTS in context instead of just accepting things blindly. NOT TO MENTION THE HYSTERICAL WAY IN WHICH THEY TEND TO BE WRITTEN!! OMG!!! <<< I am not shouting there - just demonstrating how those emails are designed to jerk your chains...

Bassett - as I said in the other thread - it is a courtesy to provide links when you drop a quote on people - so they can check it out for themselves.

Here is a link... http://news.newsmax.com/?Z64vaKfm-c7hahug7cYMw3QHk3bkNfR1Z

And they all originate from Newsmax. The same articles could be better written - and not presented with such an obvious slant, IMO.

Newsmax Media is a Conservative, rignt wing political organization that runs the Newsmax.com website and Newsmax magazine. They even call themsleves the #1 conservative news agency.

From their website:

Newsmax is the leading online source for news for conservatives. Whether it’s stories about Bill & Hillary Clinton, illegal immigration, Castro or the Iraq war, Newsmax has got the right side of the story. Across the web, Newsmax is considered the leading place for conservative web surfers to get their news.
Even Britt’s Rush Limbaugh blog recognizes the connection between GOP readers and Newsmax. Rush Limbaugh has frequently cited Newsmax as a source as well.
Wikipedia - although not my first choice for info - does have a section about them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NewsMax_Media

Newsmax has a history of publishing stories that were false and/or sensationalized beyond the original context - you can read some examples of that at the link I provided. They have repeatedly had to pull stories that were found to be less than... accurate. They borrow Fox News' slogan and call themselves fair & balanced - when they have proven that they are not...

BTW - if a series of articles from the Daily Kos or the HuffPo was presented here - I would also point out that the slant to that reporting must be taken into account as well...

Does anyone remember the "whisper campaign" that Bush's puppetmasters spread about John McCain [i've deleted what this was about, as I don't want to repeat scurilous accusations, but you can do a google search on "whisper campaign against McCain]? It worked...George the Lesser beat McCain for the GOP nomination.

Funny how these same tactics are now working FOR McCain.

Latest posts

Back