obama quote

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL WOW Shooting people...Give me a break!

Jill I could not agree with you more. Thank God what Cyndi said is in print (was gonna say black and white but might get called a racist) so anyone can clearly read, well maybe not, what she said. LOL

Anyway, how come we aren't talking about Obama breaking his promise about excess campaign spending with his infomerical last night?

How come we aren't talking about how he has lowered his cutting taxes for those who earn less than $400,000, to $250,000 to $200,000 last night. Oh, and let's not forget Biden the night before said tax cuts for those who earn less than $150,000.

default_wacko.png

Oh, under Obama's share the wealth plan...since I only have 1 (one) gun, Cyndi be prepared to give me at least one of yours!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just read Jill's quote about Robin Hood and was thinking we need to recognize other Sherwood Forrest people as well. We all know who the modern Robin Hood is, and I assume the same can be said for Maid Marion, but who do you see as.......

Friar Tuck

Little John

The Sheriff of Noddingham

and any other citizens of Sherwood Forrest (I'm not totally up on who all the characters were).

I think it needs to be remembered that a major reason for the founding of this country was that there were those who did not care for being told what they could and couldn't do in matters of private choice....

Many Americans are willing to conserve--but don't feel that the national government should be spelling out for them just HOW and WHEN with the broad brush of 'generalization'. I ALREADY conserve, and believe that most people can...but that should NOT be the federal government's province to dictate.

Margo

I put this on another thread about last nights infommercial that Laura posted but think it will fit better here so this is a copy.

I did not watch it but I heard enough about it this morning. I don't think a lot of people were as impressed as you were. No offense please. All I want to say is I don't think a lot of people have any idea, whatsoever, of what will happen if we are run by one party alone (regardless of which party). If we do away with the checks and balances there will be NOBODY to control their spending. Things will just go rampant. I pray we can keep BOTH parties in our government system. Things only have one way to go if we are controlled by one party and that is DOWNHILL. Spend, spend, spend.

I agree Bonnie. No matter who's elected I think it will be bad for America if one party is in control. I don't mean to bash anybody but Pelosi's assurance that when they're in control of the white house, the house and the senate that they will reach across the aisle more. What aisle? Who's she kidding? They'll be able pass anything they want to so why would reaching across the aisle be such a big deal after they're in control?

Please. Most people when they say they have a gun and know how to use it in reference to protecting their property don't mean they'll be out defensively shooting dirt clods.
default_rolleyes.gif

You don't honestly believe that just standing on your front porch with a gun is going to fly when the law comes to enforce restricted use of whatever, do you?
default_wacko.png

mininik said:
You don't honestly believe that just standing on your front porch with a gun is going to fly when the law comes to enforce restricted use of whatever, do you?
I find it just as reasonable to contemplate as it is to think "the law" should tell me what to drive, how to stock my cupboard, or to what degree I may control the climate in my own home
default_laugh.png

I like this quote, works for me
default_smile.png

I need to eat less, I constantly lower the thermo, I like it at 65, saves money! Put a sweater on
default_smile.png

I own an SUV and think it is a cumbersome, gas eating monster! Even though I don't owe on it I can't afford to sell it.

I wish I could downsize and be more economical.

But that is just me!

I don't think he was implying the law would tell you to eat less but most of us probably could
default_wink.png
default_wink.png

Whatever you say, Jill, I was just pointing out how obvious it is that Lowrise didn't just pull the "shooting people" comment out of her ***.

Whatever, Jill, I was just pointing out that Lowrise didn't pull the "shooting people" comment out of her butt.
I think we agree on the "whatever"
ok.gif

So now the Big Bad Government is coming to tell people how warm to keep their houses? Give me a break.

Obama is talking about CONSERVING and LEADING BY EXAMPLE. He is not talking about sweeping government policy, he is talking about COMMON SENSE and it's a darn good idea, IMO.

And if I respond to something saying "I'm going to use my 1st amendment rights", it's pretty easy for a reader to assume that I'm going to say something or go practice my freedom of religion somewhere, not that I'm going to write a long angry journal entry. When I said "I plan to plead the 5th" it's assumed that I'm doing just that, using my 5th amendment right to not answer a question that may incriminate me, not saying 'well I really don't wanna answer this, but...'

If I say "And if that happens, I'll be using my 2nd amendment right..." ...am I really talking about peacefully sitting inside, looking lovingly at the shotgun mounted over my fireplace? Or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back