Obama/McCain 9/11

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
John McCain has come out bashing the Democrats/Obama for not paying attention, in his campaign, to 9/11. The security issues etc. Obama has retorted, saying that he sees 9/11 as off limits in a political campaign, using a tragedy for political gain, effectively using fear to get votes -I tend to agree-. What are your opinions on that?

Matt, That's a very sticky wicket. I agree that the candidates should not be playing on the grief and loss of 9/11......which is what Obama is zeroing in on, I presume. However, I do agree that the focus should be on the "follow-up", which is probably what McCain is speaking to......

John McCain has come out bashing the Democrats/Obama for not paying attention, in his campaign, to 9/11. The security issues etc. Obama has retorted, saying that he sees 9/11 as off limits in a political campaign, using a tragedy for political gain, effectively using fear to get votes -I tend to agree-. What are your opinions on that?
Matt, could you be more specific. I really don't understand what you are saying. I have been watching the news most of the day and haven't heard anything about John McCain bashing the Democrats today.

Matt, could you be more specific. I really don't understand what you are saying. I have been watching the news most of the day and haven't heard anything about John McCain bashing the Democrats today.
That's because he didn't Neil!

Fran

Last edited by a moderator:
That's because he didn't Neil!

Fran

LOL. No, he didn't today. I just saw a newscast doing a retrospective on 9/11. They were just talking about how McCain has made it part of his campaign to talk about the horrors of 9/11 and showed a clip of him bashing (not sure when) the democrats for not mentioning it. Then, a reporter asked Obama why he hasn't mentioned it and he basically said he wasn't going to taint the memory of that tragedy by using it for political gain. I'll find the clip and post it.

I don't like to see tragedy used for political gain, regardless of who's doing it. I don't like to see fear mongering used for political gain, regardless of who's doing it. If 9/11 were completely off limits as a campaign issue that would be nice. However, the man responsible is still at large, so at very least I would like to hear BOTH candidate's plans regarding hunting bin Laden down.

Now, I think both McCain and Obama handled today with a great amount of respect and tact. The two of them toured the site TOGETHER, suspended campaign commercials bashing each other, and talked to each other and to families who lost loved ones.

To be honest, and mushy, I find that touching. I think BOTH candidates deserve some respect for being gentlemen today.

I don't like to see tragedy used for political gain, regardless of who's doing it. I don't like to see fear mongering used for political gain, regardless of who's doing it. If 9/11 were completely off limits as a campaign issue that would be nice. However, the man responsible is still at large, so at very least I would like to hear BOTH candidate's plans regarding hunting bin Laden down.
Now, I think both McCain and Obama handled today with a great amount of respect and tact. The two of them toured the site TOGETHER, suspended campaign commercials bashing each other, and talked to each other and to families who lost loved ones.

To be honest, and mushy, I find that touching. I think BOTH candidates deserve some respect for being gentlemen today.

Totally agree. Well put.

Yes it was very nice..McCain and Cindy and Obama and some guy..where was Michelle??
default_rolleyes.gif

In addition, they both participated in a forum at Columbia University where each talked about the Importance of Community Service. It was a very good forum. Each spoke seperately and then came together at the end.

Both Barack Obama, John McCain Agree On Importance Of Community Service At Columbia University Forum. I must say that it was very well done and carried on CNN.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1594655/2...ahooNewscrawler

Lilsteppers-if I remember right, Michelle was at home with their two young children.
I believe it was her youngest daughters first day in schoo and she wanted to be there with her. Great mother daughter event.

Latest posts

Back