O MY Look what my mare had this morning WOW

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBhorses

Reaction score
default_488.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_risa8.gif
Wow SCARY BIRTHING
default_wacko.png
Great ending Thank God. Great Birthday present.
default_biggrin.png

We are so Happy with this pinto filly. We think she is black and white pinto filly.What color do you think she is? She is a dream for us. She is tiny. She was born this morning may 17, she missed my birthday and my husband birthday which was may 16. This mare is a maiden mare who was by the first breeding to june 1 and last breeding due june 9. This mare had only a small udder, so we didn't have the alarm on her,because she didn't show signs. We went to feed this morning she was having the filly. I have to go inside the mare,because we couldn't find the other hoof
default_new_shocked.gif
very scary.I had to go inside the mare to find the hoof. I am so thankful I found it got it straight. I had a hard time finding the hoof.The good Lord help us through this. I had to break the bag per the vet to find the hoof, so I have to get the foal breathing as well.
default_new_shocked.gif
This was the first time I have to go in for a mare. I am so thankful for my vets help on the call. The vet came out gave the filly by tube IgG and mother's milk. The vet said I did a great job saving these two.

Thank God for Cell phones and great vets.

Here is our miracle foal.We need help naming her as well.

Her name will be Paint By Numbers Bucks ?(something)we can have 35 letters only with amha

Her sire is Little Kings Hallmarks Buckshot (buckskin)we hate we sold this stud gave us to nice fillies

Her dam is Critter Farms Top Fancy Pants (sorrel & pinto homozygous mare)who was shown as a 1 and 2 yr with AMHA, she did very good, but the precious was not able to take her to worlds

here is she.

DSC07417-2.jpg
What color are her eyes,the look dark blue

DSC07446-1.jpg

DSC07468-1.jpg

DSC07481-1.jpg

DSC07571-1.jpg
DSC07553-1.jpg
DSC07543-1.jpg

We were hoping for buckskin pinto filly, but wow we got black and white pinto we think wish is great.
default_biggrin.png

nice filly..she might possibly be a smokey black if her dad was a buckskin..Congrats!!!!

Congratulations on the save!

Her eyes are the normal baby blue that means they will turn brown as she matures (they will not stay blue).

She's cute!

Liz

wow smokey black is great as well.
default_wub.png

She is tiny with long legs. Her canon is 6 1/2 inches

her dam is 31 inches

and her sire is 31 inches.

i am so excited and thankful they are okay. I pray my last mare don't put me through this, she has had four foals.

How many others have had to go inside to safe the mare and foal very scary.
default_new_shocked.gif

The mare went in labor around 8:30 am, so these photos the filly is only a few hours old.

I can't wait to see her unfold.
default_biggrin.png

What color is she?
default_laugh.png

buckshotDSC_2706.jpg

Here is her sire, who now in NY.

Little Kings Hallmarks Buckshot grandson of Boones little Buckeroo.

here are photos of her back and ears

100_5976.jpg

what design is this?

100_5987-1.jpg
Her ears have a brown color.
default_laugh.png
smokey black maybe?

DSC07526-1.jpg

DSC07446-1.jpg

DSC07511-1.jpg

VERY pretty filly! Good job in saving her! What color is her sire? She looks like she could be a dark buckskin pinto or a smokey black.

OOPS, I see you have posted the sire in a different post.

She looks wonderful and "Congratulations" on the delivery.

We had two maidens deliver this year presenting with only one hoof.

Terrible time.

Beautiful filly.. Congrats..

Yes, she looks like a black pinto to me. However, because of her sire if you want to know for sure have her DNA tested for the cream gene.. if she's postitive then she is a smokey black. My insticts still tell me black however, since I had a black pinto stallion with the same coloring in his ears, as a foal, yearling and mature and he was negative for cream..

Anyhow, she's awesome! I can't wait to see unfolded photos..

If you want to get into pinto patterns....

Sabino and Tobiano..

SHe looks black pinto to me, but could be smoky black pinto, either way she is GORGEOUS!!!! Very nice markings, we had a maiden foal the other night, same thing with only one hoof/leg coming, it is hard to manuver around in maiden mares, and a couple weeks ago we had a mare that had the same thing, just one leg, the other was folded back.....we didn't think we would ever get him out but did, it is sooo scarey because you know you don't have a whole lot of time....My husband got both out, he is really good at being able to get in there and adjust.........He says I should do it with my smaller hands, and I have, but they have been easy ones to re-position, when they have the leg folded back it is hard to know what you are feeling in there.

Good Job!!!!!!! you must feel really proud to have been able to save her!
default_aktion033.gif

default_yes.gif
thanks everyone,

She is a blessing for sure. What a great birthday present.

we love pintos, she is marked so pretty to us.

help us name her name.
default_biggrin.png
She measure 18 inches

I had a big mare present just the nose. No feet. I had to go in and get the rest. I was all by myself. But we ended up with a nice but very dumb Chestnut filly. Her mom was from the shallow end of the gene pool too.

default_biggrin.png
thanks everyone,

our vets birthday is monday, she said thanks for her present, I said no she is my birthday.
default_yes.gif

I was looking to see when the filly dam birthday was guess what her dam's birthday is today may 17. My mare had her foal on her four birthday which is today may 17 neat
default_biggrin.png
So my dam gave herself a birthday present as well. This is the first mare I have had a foal on their own birthday.
default_yes.gif
So my mare got a great present on her birthday and so did we.
default_wub.png
I also notice another mare of ours birthday is today may 17 her name is Ruby she is 11 yrs old.

Last edited by a moderator:
beautiful little girl
default_wub.png

great save too, it is so scary

I'm going to take a long shot and say she could be a smutty/sooty buckskin pinto

i feel I see some highlights of buckskin in those pictures

are her eyes really a blue shade or are they tan

we had a smutty/sooty buckskin colt last year by our smutty/sooty buckskin sire

out of our black homozygous for tobiano pinto mare.

But he was born looking buckskin (foal coat) and clipped off at 3 weeks smutty/sooty

Lori

Last edited by a moderator:
beautiful little girl
default_wub.png

great save too, it is so scary

I'm going to take a long shot and say she could be a smutty/sooty buckskin pinto

i feel I see some highlights of buckskin in those pictures

are her eyes really a blue shade or are they tan

we had a smutty/sooty buckskin colt last year by our smutty/sooty buckskin sire

out of our black homozygous for tobiano pinto mare.

But he was born looking buckskin (foal coat) and clipped off at 3 weeks smutty/sooty

Lori
love to see photos.
default_biggrin.png
we would like to thank everyone for your comments. i was so bless sat. i had to safe the filly by myself with my neices skylar's help.
default_wub.png
my husband is has a hurt ankle.

Latest posts

Back