NWMHC Trip report

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knottymare

Reaction score
I had the GREAT pleasure to attend the North West Miniature Horse Club schooling show this past weekend. I wanted to pop in here and post some pix and thank everyone I met for a wonderful, educational time. The clinics were a lot of fun and the show was a hoot to watch.

Highlight for me was actually getting to drive for the first time. Thank you to Margaret who let me drive her horse and to Holly and Leia (yay, Leia) for coaching me along. It was so fun to get to meet some of the fun people I've met here on the forum (Leia, Lisa of Gallery, Susanne, Shortpig, MooreAcres to name just a few). I was so pleased to find everyone so warm and welcoming. I'll let everyone do their own brags but I do want to mention that both of Leia's boys did spectacular in the Liberty event... it was a hoot to watch them fly around the arena and then charge right to her as soon as the music stopped and she dropped to one knee. Great training, Leia! Congratulations!

Here are some pix. I apologize - the arena was kind of dark!

Show clipping the head demo

189063_1904970541199_1149824875_2352316_7448021_n.jpg

One side of Half and Half

189262_1904971381220_1149824875_2352319_3123376_n.jpg

And the other side

188263_1904971581225_1149824875_2352320_119929_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A very patient Dakota during Leia's harnessing demo

197131_1904974541299_1149824875_2352332_4705063_n.jpg

Turbo couldn't get any cuter during the obstacle demo

198125_1904978781405_1149824875_2352349_535798_n.jpg

Erin (MooreAcres)'s Chip

200114_1904979861432_1149824875_2352353_1691293_n.jpg

Awesome! Looks like you had a blast.
default_smile.png
Wish I could have been there!
default_aktion033.gif

That looks like a great time! Thank you for sharing those awesome pictures!

Barbara

Wow, could my two boys look any more disgusted in those photos?
default_laugh.png
Kody's least favorite thing is standing around for harnessing but he knows the drill after four years of doing the demo and is pretty good about it.
default_biggrin.png
Turbo was all about the other horses moving around him during the obstacle clinic so it was ears glued back towards the mare behind him. Hula hoop? What hula hoop?? MARE!!
default_rolleyes.gif
Silly boy got gelded a month ago but is just now showing hormones for the first time as he hasn't been around girls since last summer. He was really pretty good though, I was quite pleased with him this weekend.

And KODY! Oh my lord, it was so fun to have him out there rip-snorting around the area and dragging me around the parking lot like a racehorse on the way to the track!
default_new_rofl.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png
I have long ago accepted that's just the way he is and it brought me great joy to see him acting like himself again instead of being tired and in pain all the time.
default_aktion033.gif
He's had to learn to share me and while he's doing his best to be graceful about it he can't quite contain his enthusiasm when I finally get him out of the stall.
default_laugh.png
I do so love that boy.
default_wub.png

It was a fantastic event between all the old friends I got to see (many more than I expected including Turbo's breeder and some CDE buddies) and the wonderful new folks who asked so many great questions. Mary, it was a pleasure to meet you and you're a natural! Turbo ADORED your scratches- you've definitely got the touch.
default_laugh.png
I really appreciate Margaret Slape and her granddaughters Holly, Morgan and Katie; they're great kids and were a big help to me. Turbo soaked up all that attention and their help left me free to spend time with Kody so everyone was happy.
default_thumbup.gif
In fact all the kids at this event were little champs...one boy tripped and fell under his horse while trotting her out during a halter class (she tried so hard to avoid stepping on him but he went right under her belly and she ended up landing on his outstretched hand
default_shutup.gif
) but he popped right back up, dusted himself off and started trotting again. He got a round of applause for that and well deserved, in my opinion.
default_wub.png

I got some cute pix Sunday afternoon and will share those and our results as soon as I can. The boys and I also stopped to see my soldier on Ft. Lewis on the way home so it was a fun weekend!

Leia

Edited to add: Mary, I'm on FB! Find me- Leia Gibson. I'd like to see the other pix.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also went to the show with my daughter Vicky. We had a great time. Met some really nice people and truly enjoyed watching all the beautiful horses being shown and competing. Got to meet Knottymare and see Leia, even a couple friends were there that I hadn't seen since last year. I really enjoyed watching the kids at this show as Leia said they were all great children and their parents can be so proud of them.

I must admit I had so many emotions when Erin/Mooreacres D/F Chip Ahoy was hitched and driven in his class. That little filly she has is just amazing also.

Attending this show with the great schooling Judge they had my daughter has decided she will be showing our new foal next year. We are now looking forward to attending the CanAm in Spanaway this year. We won't be bringing a horse just going to support those who are there. Who knows maybe next year along with the foal we can get one of the elders out there to the show also in a driving class. Just have to get them in good shape.

Nothing like a 20yo horse in the Senior classes.

I missed being there this year!
default_sad.png

Sounds like everyone did really well, tho....that is awesome!!
default_aktion033.gif

That judge was the nicest man. He could not have been more helpful if he tried. So encouraging to everyone.

Can we do it again this weekend!?
default_laugh.png

Leia

Edited to add: Mary, I'm on FB! Find me- Leia Gibson. I'd like to see the other pix.
Sent you a friend request. I really enjoyed meeting both of your boys and loved the chance to love on them both. As I mentioned, I'm really a good trainer... of how to get loves and how to eat carrots.

Mary, It was great meeting you and your hub! I wish we could have made it back up Sunday, but mt arm informed me in no uncertain terms that I had overdone it!

Mary, It was great meeting you and your hub! I wish we could have made it back up Sunday, but mt arm informed me in no uncertain terms that I had overdone it!
BUMMER! I'm sorry we didn't have a chance to sit and visit. Perhaps the next show!

Latest posts

Back