NWMHC 2009 show dates/locations??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueStar

Reaction score
Hoping someone can provide the official dates and locations for the 2009 NWMHC show season. I know there were some changes made and am trying to get my calander dates set.

Thanks

No, sorry.
default_smile.png
Don't have any of the AMHR ones either, and it's making me nuts. I'm 99.9% sure there's going to be a CDE/AMHR conflict this year and it's really frustrating not knowing which ones it will be.
default_wacko.png

Leia

Show dates for the NWMHC for 2009 are: The Schooling Show is March 27-29 at the Mt. Hood Equestrian Center in Boering, Or; The Sea-Tac Classis is April 18-20 at the Grays Harbor County Fairgrounds in Elma, Wa; The Emerald Valley Classic is May 24-26 at The Oregon Horse Center in Eugene, Or; The Can-Am Classic is June 19-21 at Tacoma Horseman's Unit One in Spanaway, Wa and the McKenzie River Classic is August 14-16 at The Oregon Horse Center in Eugene.

The Mini-Mac Classic has been canceled and please note the move of the Can-Am Classic.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Thanks Mark!! glad to hear that the schooling show is back in Boring!! Alot closer to home for us. From those dates we are showing on Mondays instead of Fridays....is that correct or should I just back the dates up to include the usual Friday-Sunday show with Emerald valley being the exception?

Looking forward to a great show season in 2009!!

I have dates for the AMHR shows, Leia maybe you can post the dates you know for the CDEs.

Apr 24-26: Oregon Gold @ Oregon Horse Center, Eugene, OR

May 8-10: New Show in Albany, OR

May 29-31: Area 8 show (Pacific Crown) at the Tacoma Unit

June 12-14: Cavalcade of Ponies, used to be at Monroe, has also moved to the Tacoma Unit

June 18-21: HAPP'S CDE, Ethel, WA

July 10-12: Evergreen, Tacoma Unit

There MAY be another show in place of Mini-Mac that will now be ASPC/AMHR down in McMinnville, OR July 4-5. Still in the deciding stage, to my understanding.

The CWMHC show in Pasco has also been eliminated, as was Mini-Mac.

Hope this helps.

Amy

Sorry - looked at the wrong calendar - the shows with the exception of Emerald Valley are still on Friday - Sunday. Sea-Tac will be April 17-19; Emerald Valley will be May 23-25 - sorry for the confusion.

Also - insofar as the AMHR shows, the is one other show - the May Mini Classic in Colfax, Wa. May 8-10 (which is the same weekend as the "new" show in Albany, which I heard may be moved to the weekend vacated by the now canceled Mini-Mac Classic. There may also be another show in Moses Lake, the weekend of June 26-28.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Any other information about that new show in Albany?

This list of AMHR shows is a relief after last year, when the Oregon AMHR shows disappeared bing, bing, bing. Of course, Colfax and Moses Lake are a bit far for us... but Albany makes up for that!

Does anyone know any particulars about the new Oregon Gold Show? Will they use the same website? A new one?

Thanks for the info, everyone! I'll write this all down..........

Mark, any luck talking ADA w/ the Unit? I'm considering bringing a weanie to an AMHR show or two there.

Kari

Oh, bless you Amy!! I love you, I love you, I love you.
default_wub.png
default_cheekkiss.gif
And there's hope! It's going to be a BUSY summer with something literally every weekend from the looks of things (work is NOT going to be happy with me) but so far no major conflicts except possibly in July. I was startled to see the two Monroe shows had moved to the Unit, that's a bit of a bummer. Much longer drive for me and the facility isn't nearly as nice! Oh well. I already show there two out of my three AMHR shows a year, why shouldn't it be all of them? *LOL* Does anyone know why that happened? Also, is it confirmed that Pacific Crown got the Area Show? I know Evergreen had applied for it too and at the time of their banquet they didn't know who would get it.

The 2009 Happ's driving calendar and the ADS omnibus for January-June (which is all that's available right now) read as follows:

January 31 Happ's Arena Driving Trial

February 28 Happ's ADT

March 21 Happ's ADT

April 25 Happ's TREC to Escape Cabin Fever (a new and fun-sounding type of driving competition)

April 25-26th CAA Driver Proficiency Evaluations at Happ's

April 24-26 RAM TAP CDE: Ram Tap Show Grounds, Fresno, CA

May 9-10 Happ's Combined Driving Schooling Weekend I

May 16-17 Happ's Combined Driving Schooling Weekend II

June 6-7 Teddy Bear's CDE: Mead, WA

June 18-21 Happ's CDE

September 19-20 Happ's VSE Driving Trials Twice

Still unaccounted for are the Inavale CDE in Oregon (held 4th of July weekend last year) and the Beavercreek CDE which is usually held in the middle of July. There may also be an Equestrian Institute ADT in Duvall, WA in June or July like the last couple years and I suppose it's possible that Lincoln Creek might make a comeback although I doubt it. So much to do!
default_aktion033.gif

Oh, and Susanne- the only thing I know about the new Oregon show is they emphatically agreed that it would NOT be called "Oregon Gold" and thus probably will not use the same website.

Leia

Susanne - The AMHR Show at the Oregon Horse Center will more than likely still be able to use the name Oregon Gold, but will not use the same website. In fact, judges have been hired - Portia Kalinka, Karen Iversen and Austin VanWyck. Portia is an AMHR Nationals judge this year and Karen is judging the Congress. Insofar as the proposed show at Albany, you should contact Kathy Howard at Howard Stables. I have heard they are moving that show to the Yamhill County Fairgrounds in McMinnville the same weekend as the canceled Mini-Mac Classic. That way it will not be in conflict with the May Mini Classic in Colfax, Wa.

Leia - Yes, the Pacific Crown Club will be hosting the 8th Area National Regional Show at the Unit in Spanaway. Jim Curry has been contacted about judging the show. The reason the shows are moving from Monroe is simply cost. The Monroe keeps raising costs of doing business and making things less convenient.

Hope this answers some more questions.

Mark

Susanne - The AMHR Show at the Oregon Horse Center will more than likely still be able to use the name Oregon Gold, but will not use the same website. In fact, judges have been hired - Portia Kalinka, Karen Iversen and Austin VanWyck. Portia is an AMHR Nationals judge this year and Karen is judging the Congress. Insofar as the proposed show at Albany, you should contact Kathy Howard at Howard Stables. I have heard they are moving that show to the Yamhill County Fairgrounds in McMinnville the same weekend as the canceled Mini-Mac Classic. That way it will not be in conflict with the May Mini Classic in Colfax, Wa.

Leia - Yes, the Pacific Crown Club will be hosting the 8th Area National Regional Show at the Unit in Spanaway. Jim Curry has been contacted about judging the show. The reason the shows are moving from Monroe is simply cost. The Monroe keeps raising costs of doing business and making things less convenient.

Hope this answers some more questions.

Mark

Thanks Mark.
default_cheekkiss.gif

So I combined all the lists and corrected NWMHC dates and this is what I came up with so far. Does this look right to everyone? I'm still a bit confused about the Albany show versus the new McMinnville show so I'd appreciate any clarification there. Are they the same thing?

January 31: Happ's Arena Driving Trial in Ethel, WA

February 28: Happ's ADT

March 21: Happ's ADT

March 27-29: NWMHC Schooling Show at Mt. Hood Equestrian Center in Boring, OR

April 17-19: NWMHC Sea-Tac Classic at the Grays Harbor County Fairgrounds in Elma, WA

Apr 24-26: Oregon Gold replacement show at the Oregon Horse Center in Eugene, OR

April 25: Happ's TREC to Escape Cabin Fever (a new and fun-sounding type of driving competition)

April 25-26: CAA Driver Proficiency Evaluations at Happ's

May 8-10: New AMHR Show in Albany, OR

May 8-10: May Mini Classic AMHR show in Colfax, WA

May 9-10: Happ's Combined Driving Schooling Weekend I

May 16-17: Happ's Combined Driving Schooling Weekend II

May 22-24: NWMHC Emerald Valley Classic at the Oregon Horse Center in Eugene, OR

May 29-31: Pacific Crown Area 8 AMHR show at the Tacoma Unit in Spanaway, WA

June 6-7: Teddy Bear's CDE in Mead, WA

June 12-14: Cavalcade of Ponies AMHR show NOW AT the Tacoma Unit in Spanaway, WA

June 19-21: NWMHC Can-Am Classic NOW AT the Tacoma Unit in Spanaway, WA

June 18-21: Happ's CDE

June 26-28: Potential AMHR show in Moses Lake (OR? WA?)

??July 3-5: Inavale CDE in Philomath, OR??

July 4-5: Potential AMHR show in McMinnville, OR. Possibly the Albany show’s new date/location too/instead?

July 10-12: Evergreen AMHR show at the Tacoma Unit in Spanaway, WA

??July 18-19: Beavercreek CDE in Beavercreek, OR??

August 14-16: NWMHC McKenzie River Classic at the Oregon Horse Center in Eugene, OR

September 19-20: Happ's VSE Driving Trials Twice

There's really a lot less conflict than I was expecting although going AMHR, CDE, AMHR, CDE four weeks in a row in June and then possibly CDE, AMHR, CDE three in a row in July is going to be a killer.
default_wacko.png
I may need August off just to recover!
default_laugh.png
Bummer that Oregon Gold conflicts with two things I really want to do at Happ's though.
default_sad.png

Leia

In fact, judges have been hired - Portia Kalinka, Karen Iversen and Austin VanWyck.
WooHOOO! GREAT lineup! I can't wait...love all those judges. OK...last year I had one heck of a time getting four ready to go. But I might just have to work on it again this year. Esprit, Alladdin, Gaia, and maybe even Colors. Busybusybusybusy

I am going to have some special surprises coming out this year!!!
default_laugh.png
Especially involving a dapper and ultra-cool little silver guy who now has his very own teeny-tiny silver-flake painted cart (it is GORGEOUS!!!) and harness. He be one fancy fella!!!

Kim -

Susanne is correct, there are still AMHA miniature classes at the Oregon State Fair. The are no longer any AMHR classes as the fair is too close to the Naitonal Show and they were not well supported. Hope this helps.

Mark

hobbyhorse23 said:
So I combined all the lists and corrected NWMHC dates and this is what I came up with so far. Does this look right to everyone? I'm still a bit confused about the Albany show versus the new McMinnville show so I'd appreciate any clarification there. Are they the same thing?
Hey, anyone out there? I'm feeling mildly invisible.
default_wink.png

Leia

Latest posts

Back