NW Storm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dorthy,,,

So true life goes on,, so glad to hear that everyone seems to be okay in that area. Thanks for the updates!!!!!

I have an update from runamuck...she hasn't had power for 7 days. She called me today to say they are fine if a bit stinky with no hot water for a proper bath but they have a camp stove and wood heat. The huge cedar out front came down and powerlines are everywhere but they are putting her off for now. I feel badly and hope they get her some power soon. My prayers and light (no pun intended) come across miles.

I'm so glad that Rori and family are safe! Does anyone have a phone number for Shelley (Loren&Rocky)?

Anyone else who hasn't checked in?

So happy to hear from Rori even secondhand!

Thanks to you with the update.

We are still without power, we do have most phone capabilities though some features are not working, yet.

Tonight while the line workers were setting a new pole, they drilled through the water line feeding our area. The water was out for a few hours. Now that it's on, it is a dark brown and full of mud.

Martin's been out fishing a few times, and delivered a few small loads of crab. The man who crushed his hand at the beginning of the season had been fishing, but has now developed a blood infection and ordered off the boat w/IV meds to combat the infection.

A friend from Alaska was in Westport, WA, and came down to fish w/him. Martin had not seen Cooper in 6 years or more, but there he was, tonight, to go fishing in a pinch. He HAD been on his way back to Cordova to be with his pregnant girlfriend for Christmas, but is doing this as a favor for Martin. They had a lot of fun catching up, and his friend Joe may come back as permanent though he's a greenhorn (Joe drove Cooper down from Westport, WA). They said on their way down, they really got a feel for how bad the storm was.

I do hope the power comes back tomorrow. I took a shower at my son's girlfriend's house, did one load of laundry there and one load at my friend Bill's house (at least I could Christmas shop while I was there!).

If it's not back, tomorrow will be a day of laundry in town, also getting fuel for the generator and truck (the first time I've felt the need to since Tuesday.)....

It sure could be worse!!!!

Liz

Oh my Gosh Liz....

You guys are welcome to come down here and stay! The accomodations are sketchy at best! But you sure are welcome to what we have. You could even cuddle an obese cat or geriatric chicken to keep extra warm! Or even a houdini red horse are pretty warm and hairy this time of the year. And we seem to have flushing toilets and heat right now!

I've got room for anyone needing a place to put their head,

get warm showers, and some warm food, too.

The PUD said this morning there are still 3,000 without power as

pf 8:30 this morning. They've made great strides but I am sure

those 3,000 are pretty tired of this right now.

I know the neighboring streets around us still have no power and

the streets are only as passable as the residents have made them.

It was very brrrrrr here last night, everything is still covered with frost.

It is bright and beautiful though so hopefully that will lift some spirits.

I'm still thinking of Loren & Rocky and hope they can report in soon.

Thanks, Kim!!!

Now I'm somewhat worried that if I'm not here to keep the house sort of warm w/a fire, the pipes might freeze.

The water seems to have cleared overnight, and it is ice cold coming out of there right now.

You guys are sweet to offer, but with Martin fishing out of here, it's a pita to have to think about being anywhere BUT here, even with the discomfort.

I am going to get a tree today, I am going to finish some Christmas shopping, and I'm going to get another shower come heck or high water (better watch what I wish for, hadn't I?)....oh, and I'm going to wash those nasty fish clothes from when Kenny went out w/Martin on the boat.

Good luck to the rest of us awaiting the return of the juice.

L.

Yes, best of luck to you all out there! Wish I could think of something to help and like you worried about Loren and Rocky et al.

Will be watching to see them check in..I'm saying they are fine just without power.
default_biggrin.png

Maxine

We got our power back today around 3 or 4 pm. I am SO THANKFUL and SO GRATEFUL to the crews that have worked overtime around the clock to get this done. Last year, after a storm a third this bad, we were without for 6 days. This year, even though the damage was much more widespread, much more intense, we were only without for half a day longer than that. Luckily, I knew exactly how long it could be, and was prepared.

Even with the water incident last night, I am just in awe of the way these crews have progressed through this job and to see them alongside the road as we pass them on the way into town, they are all smiling, waving and working as they do so.

I hope they can hurry home to their families now (many of them are from states as far away as Montana). Surely they must miss them a lot.

Hope SHellie checks in.

Liz

It looks like Loren & Rocky are OK; she just posted on another thread.
default_wink.png

We are ok, but trapped. There is no getting in or out where we live. Our low land neighbors are in a terrible spot. Their animals are even worse off. We saw a calf get swept away. It is so bad.

One of our roads to town:

flood_dec07005.jpg

one of our neighbors:

flood_dec07008.jpg

Their horses:

flood_dec07013.jpg

another house:

flood_dec07020.jpg

A beautiful farm, now, not so much

flood_dec07022.jpg

Here are the cows that lost a calf. It was terrible to see

flood_dec07025.jpg

Here is a black hawk trying to get to these people. Their horses are in the driveway with them and there is no where to go

flood_dec07029.jpg

flood_dec07030.jpg

And Loren and David by the waters edge

flood_dec07031.jpg
HERE I AM!!!
default_saludando.gif
so glad someone was thinking of me!!

Yes, I posted earlier on page 5. I put up these pictures.

Thaks for asking!! We are fine.
default_wub.png

HEY all did ya miss me
default_biggrin.png

I finally have power again....we also are in grays harbor county in WA........our power went down in the wee morning hours on monday the 3rd and they finally brought every power truck in the county last night to hang our 2 lines back up and replace the transformer.......

We can sort of get in and out, requires creative driving as our long easement/drive is mostly washed out, much of it is still in the county road as I do not have a tractor......

All in all it wasn't too bad we suffered little damage, and the main suffering was 2 kids out of school for a week in a house without electricity
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif

well back to washing laundry and cleaning up this pig sty :DOH!
default_rolleyes.gif

Glad you're ok, Rori!

I can relate w/ the kids and no electricity.. my little brother had four friends here much of the time.
default_wacko.png
FIVE TEENAGERS.

Was a truly memorable 25th birthday for me....

Kari

Glad you're ok, Rori!

I can relate w/ the kids and no electricity.. my little brother had four friends here much of the time.
default_wacko.png
FIVE TEENAGERS.

Was a truly memorable 25th birthday for me....

Kari
default_new_shocked.gif
YIKES

I only had a 16, and 11 year old (so a teen and a tween) the first few days (mon- late thurs afternoon) were the worst as we had NO PHONE
default_new_shocked.gif
horror of horrors for a teen :DOH!

Did anyone realize that go-fish is a full contact card game :DOH!
default_frusty.gif

"Did anyone realize that go-fish is a full contact card game"

HAHA, yes in fact, I have played it. Along with spoons, booyah, UNO, war, slap jack, and several other card games that seem to always lead to at least one person flying over the table or whatever piece of furniture is unfortunate enough to be the playing surface. We put the bandaids on the table as bleeding on the cards is a form of marking them. HAHA

Glad you all are OK and getting power back on. Always nice to lose power in the winter. It does kinda make you feel close though. Makes for creative meals and entertainment.

We are still fighting our septic system. We fear that the drain field is ruined. We will be digging it up in the next day or so. Meanwhile, we only use the amount of water that is absolutely necessary. It is always somehting isn't it?

Rori, it's great to have you back!

I hereby nominate Kari as suffering the worst! Although if this brother is at all like your other brother that I met (I assume this is a different brother), I bet he and his friends are great guys!

I'm so glad everyone is getting their power back...now that it's getting cold again. My fingers are frozen!

Liz, I hope you made it in to Longview...I just heard thaht Hwy 30 is closed at Clatskanie due to a mudslide.

Anyone ever play the card game Killer? It was created in Juvie. 'Nuff said.

Susanne, was it Danny you met? He's my little brother, and he IS a good kid, it's just teenagers can be so............. everything!!!!! I can't think of anytime you could've met Chris, my older bro.

Kari

Just a heads up that Hwy 30 is closed about 5 miles from Clatskanie due to a massive mudslide....Just happened today (Monday) and the hwy will be closed for quite a long time...Its a HUGE mess!!!!!

Ugh that mudslide is really cramping my style.

We had to go buy feed and building supplies and had to wait for the ferry the first day. Today Martin and Cooper are going to Longview to get supplies to add onto the back porch.

I hope they reopen that soon. A friend of ours used to live right above where that slide came down.

What a mess!

Liz

Latest posts

Back