NW Beach Drive 2008

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbyhorse23

Reaction score
I hate to post and run (I'm leaving in the AM for the Happ's VSE DT-T) but wanted to check this off my to-do list before I left. Hope you enjoy! I sent a link for all the pictures I took to those who were there so they can choose what additional images to post of their own horses. Susanne and I will be gone until Sunday night but I'm sure she'll add more of Mingus as soon as she gets a chance. I got a couple of cute ones of him!

Here was the group Saturday morning just after Daryl arrived:

SaturdayMorning-1.jpg

Kody and Mingus grazing while Jayne looks on:

MingusNKodyGraze-1.jpg

Mingus and Dancer racing:

MingusNDancerRace-1.jpg

Kody and Mingus racing:

MingusNKodyRace.jpg

The McMaster herd:

McMasterCrew.jpg

Nancy (Equisize) and Kody:

NancyNKody-1.jpg

Running into some of our fellow Peninsula Saddle Club campers on the beach on Saturday:

BigHorseBeach1-1.jpg

We told you it was foggy Saturday afternoon! This is the Graham boys giving rickshaw rides around camp with my new Frontier:

Rickshaw.jpg

Martin McMaster showing off his prize mushroom find before cooking it on Sunday:

MushroomMartin.jpg

Brandon McMaster playing faithful (and temporary) Cabana-Boy to Caleb Graham:

CalebNBrandon.jpg

Keith playing original guitar compositions for us over a lunch of fresh Alaskan Halibut with an ice cream chaser- wonderful!

GuitarGroup.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mingus and Dancer on the beach:

DancerNMingusBeach.jpg

And Kody on the beach on Sunday:

IMG_6963web.jpg

IMG_6967web.jpg

IMG_6945web.jpg

On the way home:

KodyHeadshot.jpg

A video still of Kody too:

VideoStill2a.jpg

Leia

Oh wow that looks like so much fun! Kody looks great.
default_biggrin.png

Wow, Leia, I LOVE the pics of Kody and you with the Hyperbike!

Really shows how fun that vehicle is, and man, oh, man, Kody has never looked so hottttt as he did that weekend (guessing he still does)!!!

Congrats on that and thank you for the photos. Martin and his mushroom. He was scoping that thing out for two days.

*LOL*

Liz

Of course Kody's hotter now...do you know how much winter coat he's sprouting?! *LOL* I never did get the hay belly off him this year after all his post-surgical gluttony but he's in great shape otherwise and gets to be unashamedly roly-poly for the winter now. Come Jan/Feb though, watch out! Treadmill time.
default_rolleyes.gif

I'm hoping for some really good Hyperbike pictures this weekend since he seems in the mood to burn rubber suddenly. Kody wasn't feeling so hot at the beach so all we did was spin it around a few times at a slow trot but he certainly seems fine now.
default_laugh.png

Leia

LOVE the pics; thank YOU, Leia!

Anyone else have some to add from the Beach drive? ;)

Margo-off to take my old Kima to the vet for a Coggins and health cert. I went seeking a great new home for him, and he is going to a longtime driver/instructor in MISSISSIPPI! I am SO pleased to be able to place him this way!

Oh thank you for posting - I love all of it but WOW at the first shot of Koda on the beach - its priceless!!!

it looks like you all had a wonderful time!!

default_aktion033.gif

That looks like great fun! Wish I lived close enough to a beach to do that. Might have to scope out some camping areas and see if any have good trails to offer and try to get a group together to go (next year). Mountain roads and a lake side camp ground could work out nicely. Or maybe a farm with back roads or.... hmmmm, I'm going to have to check this out. Thanks for the inspiration!

I love your setup and that looks like so much fun..almost makes me wish i had a driving horse
default_smile.png
. Nice pictures and it looks like allot of fun
default_smile.png

LOVE the pics; thank YOU, Leia! Anyone else have some to add from the Beach drive? ;)

Margo-off to take my old Kima to the vet for a Coggins and health cert. I went seeking a great new home for him, and he is going to a longtime driver/instructor in MISSISSIPPI! I am SO pleased to be able to place him this way!

[SIZE=12pt]OOOOOh Kima
default_wub.png
I didn't know you were letting him go
default_bye-sad.gif
Such a awesome horse
default_yes.gif
Another bit of Southwest history changed
default_sad.png
but I'm so glad you found him a good home
default_aktion033.gif
[/SIZE]

Joy