NW Beach Drive 2007

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I have been busy this summer and not on here as much as I used to be. So must have just missed it. It does sound like lots of fun. Yes, there are lots of trails around here. Clackamas county is definitely horse country. I think it has more horses per capita than any other county in the US. That is what I had read one time anyway... I do know there are allot of horses around her though!
default_wink.png
: The one trail for riding or bike riding, The Hardy Creek Trail up the Molalla River I think might be a good one, I am going to check it out, I haven't ridden up there in several years... it is not far from me and I know others that told me they ride up the road from me on some trails etc. just have to find out exactly where they all are and ride my big horses and check them out to see if they would be good enough for driving. I used to ride all over around here as a kid growing up. Course things change allot with new houses and traffic and such!

Can you send me the link to the beachdrivers yahoo group? Would love to hear of more beachdrives or traildrives in case I might be able to go. :aktion033: :saludando: You can e-mail me @ [email protected]

Thanks! :saludando:

Sheri

Sheri, I am SO sorry you didn't know...we posted a thread on here and we have the beachdrivers yahoo group.

In addition to the yearly Long Beach drive, we're working on putting together more drives, including other beaches, Shari's driving course on her farm near Rainier, the Vernonia-Banks Trail, and more. And I know there are lots of good possibilities out your way in Clackamas County.

This is too much fun to only do once a year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Leia,

Yes, they are hypberbikes from Grahams, I was wrong, didn't mean to say coil, it is not a coil spring, but like a spring, maybe a C type thing, anyway it gives some cushion/shock to the seat and the older red one doesn't have it.

Here are some pics of me and my youngest son driving in the pastures last weekend with them. hmmm they are on webshots not sure how to get them to show, finally did but they are lil thumbnail sizes...

What fun we would have going on more trails and to the beach and driving with other folks is always more fun! :aktion033: :saludando: Yes, the time and money of going too far, unfotunately comes into play... I hope I will be able to make it to some and see the folks I know and meet you other nice folks too. :saludando:

Sheri Hill said:
I recently got 2 used Hyperbikes. :aktion033:
default_wub.png
: One is only a year old and like new with a blue seat and the other is about 6 or 7 years old and dosen't have the coil springs under the seat and is a red seat. I LOVE them!!
Sheri Hill
Sheri, I'm wondering if what you've got are actually Hyperbikes (rather than regular sulkies) because as far as I know Bob has never used coil springs on his vehicles. Do you have pictures?

I'm going to go crazy if ya'll start having more get-togethers. I can't afford to drive six hours one way three or four times a year on top of all the shows, but I can't stand the thought of not being there! Eeek! More and more I keep thinking I need to move to Oregon, but I can't afford that either. ::sigh:: If you have a late fall get-together at Shari's let me know and I'll drive down without the horses to give lessons and hang out. Kody will be recovering from his surgery through October and November but I could bring my Hyperbike and borrow CB or maybe get to work with one of Shari's horses who isn't driving yet.

Kody's cute- when he sees the soft sand at the head of a beach approach he pricks his ears, picks up a fast trot, and when I give him permission he hits a gallop and tries not to stop until he reaches the hard sand on the other side!
default_thumbup.gif
: It only took him one attempt at a walk last year to figure out it's easier at speed and this year he's learned the CDE lesson of "If Mama tells me to power up, it's because there's something coming I'll need power for" so all I have to do is say "Hup!" when he flags and he's lunging hard again. :worshippy: Gooood pony. I think if I was using an easy entry or anything heavier I'd probably get out and walk behind the cart until we were on firm sand again just because he has enough trouble with the Hyperbike. Then again, Kody's tiny. :lol: You'll be fine with an easy entry. Just try to drive only at low tide so there's some solid sand to work on.

Leia

Yep, those are Hyperbikes all right! It looks like the metal suspension piece must have been something he tried at one time then dropped.

Leia

Thanks Kari,

I just joined, so maybe I won't miss out on possibly drives that I might be able to make it to. :aktion033:

Thanks,

Sheri

Sheri, PrestigeMiniHorses, Bill, everyone interested in drives/get-togethers in the NW, here is the link to the Yahoo group. PLEASE don't hesitate to join!!! :488:

Kari

OH, do the new ones not have them on them? The blue one is only a year old, at least the gal I got it from said it was... I figured it was an update that the new ones had. I love them both!! I need to get busy and start my boy Illusion who I want to get driving... He is a sweet and laid back boy. Never seems to be enough time to do it ALL! LOL

Sheri

Yep, those are Hyperbikes all right! It looks like the metal suspension piece must have been something he tried at one time then dropped.

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back