NW Beach Drive 2007

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome photos, Linda. Some of them are really stunning, especially at the beach.

Mine aren't very good, so I'll just post some of the better ones below.

The good:

Having Bob Graham and his family there was great fun and it was great to have a "pit crew" for our Hyperbikes! He is the inventor of the Hyperbike and really stands (and camps) by his products.

Too bad susanne and Keith's plans for Mingus went astray, but they still had fun driving. (See below)

Spyderman is just gorgeous and it was great to see him in such great shape. Leia and him are such a remarkable team. Check out those photos of Linda's! WOW!!!

I got to drive Cherry Bomb again and she is quite a mover. It was like a miniature sports car after driving with Dancer!

Seeing Linda and Kari again, but not for long enough, that's for sure.

Liz is such a warm person, always has a smile!

Having the campground practically to ourselves, with a built-in race track was PERFECT!

Seeing the Milky Way with the naked eye! There is too much light pollution at my place. Then seeing just how many more there are with Bob's night vision scope. Awesome!

Leia helping me learn to harness up correctly and showing me that I was using a crappy bit with Dancer (I wont forget to get you another one soon!)

Kody, Cherry Bomb, & Mouse!

The bad:

Yikes, it was C-C-C-COLD at night!!!

Getting stuck in the sand with my van and trailer at the SeaView approach. There just isn't enough room to turn everything around. I was able to unhook my mini trailer and myself and two other guys swung it around pointing in the right direction. Of course, I tore up my trailer's wiring harness in the process, so I had no tail lights back to camp.

Having Leia take a photo of me stuck in the sand. :eek: What a mean thing to do, ha ha!! But I would have done the same to her, too, as Leia got HER rig stuck after I left, too!. :risa_suelos:

Just a few morons in their 4x4's on the beach when we were driving. Most were very considerate. Many were stopping by to take photos, including the sheriff's patrol! It would be nice to find a quieter beach with a trailer-friendly approach. Oh well, minor complaints, really Dancer did really well, considering all of the new sights, smells and sounds she had to deal with! I'm very proud of her.

Dancer freaking out and kicking the crap out of the trailer door when she got caught up in the halter rope. Guess I shouldn't have left her on the line like that, d'oh.

The ugly: Nothing too ugly thank God!

The photos! I'll shut up now...I'm too tired to write anyway.

One of the young ones (sorry, don't know who) delighted in feeding Dancer one handfull or grass at a time:

100_1270.jpg

Old friends reunited! Bob and Dancer go way back, before I knew either one of them. She is even on his website!

100_1273.jpg

Keith and Dancer:

100_1276.jpg

Susanne and Keith: super driving team!:

100_1279.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, she took a LOT of pics. I was happy to see some of Leia driving Mouse!!!

Thank you. Hopefully my internet will allow me to load them sometime soon. I can only see the thumbnails for now.

Daryl, yours are nice, too, and you're great to hang with, too. Oh, my sons are Brandon and Colton.

Sorry you got stuck, I feel bad for all of you. Hoping to work on that for the next time, but if you come to my place, we can go on the beach at Sunset Beach or the like and there's LOTS of room and no tide fluctuation to worry about to stop the fun. Even at high tide, it's driveable.

Liz M.

Leia has 411 photos of her own plus everybody else's and no idea how Taylor got hers loaded so fast! Is there a trick to resizing and uploading them quickly?? Photobucket makes me do it a few at a time and it would take me all week. Daryl and the others got a preview on my laptop, that's how he knows what I've got.
default_wink.png
:

Sorry Daryl, I couldn't resist snapping one off from Spyder's back as we went by when you were stuck! I promised I wouldn't post it and I won't.
default_smile.png
I was laughing harder than anybody when I then buried my own rig. Thank God for friendly construction workers with monster trucks, and friends of theirs who actually remembered their tow chains! LOL

Taylor has an AWESOME camera and got some great shots. Unfortunately I'd decided to try an old halter/bridle combo I had bitless without experimenting at home first and Spyder figured out that if he kept his head up high he didn't have to listen to that annoying tugging, so for the first time in my memory he was traveling inverted and hollow, which of course made that damaged left hindquarter move weird. ::sigh:: Not the best representation of my gorgeous boy! Susanne got some nice ones last year that I never posted.

I agree on finding a trailer-friendly approach but I didn't mind the crowds such as they were. No one got in the way or bothered my horses and it's always fun when the kids want to pet the ponies. On my outing to the busy Sid Snyder approach on Sunday after you all left, I told everyone who stared that "He gets better gas mileage than a moped!" :new_rofl: I got a lot of laughs over that one from everyone from teen boys to little old ladies.

The kid feeding Dancer was Bob's youngest Nathan, better known as Nano. He became very popular with Spyder and Kody for the same reason! Smart boy.

Leia

I cannot get into the pictures the link just takes me to my own site even when I type in the password- how do I get round that one????

Oh my I would love to have been there. You guys look like you are having so much fun. That's a dream of mine. I got to ride on the beach about 2 years ago in the Outer Banks now I want to drive. I do hope to visit the west coast some day. Your beaches are beautiful!

Kim

Jane, if you clear your browser's history/cache, you should be able to get into the link, or just replace the username with the username that's on the link (I think Linda put it in her original post).

Oh, and in most of Mouse's photos, that is the sidecheck dangling down by his neck/under his neck. It's a real pain to take it off of his harness and for now, he's not really using one as we both learn how to drive.

He has much appreciated Leia's input on my technique, I will say.

I can also vouch that Spyder doesn't normally travel that way, but he did look beautiful nonetheless. His condition and youthful exuberance were impressive. When he first set foot on the beach, he was springing straight upward from every footfall, and it was clear that he was jazzed. Great to see that on a boy his age!

Thanks again, Linda and Taylor, for being the documentarian, and doing such a great job.

Liz

Well, I was just happy I could make it out there! :aktion033: It was a bonus that Taylor came with me, because she WAS living down in Reno, but moved back up here upruptly just recently...and she is the photographer! :aktion033: Trust me, I bugged her til she got the pics all uploaded...LOL!
default_poke.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Next year, we hope to have both of our horses down there with us and stay over!
default_yes.gif
:

I got a lump in my throat and goosebumps seeing the pictures of Syder on the beach. Wow, I miss the coast!

Beautiful pics Linda! Sorry to see you were sporting a broken elbow but it looks like you were having a blast nonetheless. Everyone looked so happy even the minis looked like they were enjoying themselves. Liz those shots of both you and Leia against the back drop of the ocean were exquisite. Spyder, wow Leia he is the most handsome old gentleman I've seen in a long time.

Hey Susanne, I must have missed you in the pics somehow but where's your brides maid dress?
default_wink.png
: If I plan better and actually get to go next year you better have your dress on so we can do some high class hyperbike beach driving. :bgrin

Last edited:
Triggy, susanne didn't make it until late late Saturday, so she didn't get to the beach when the rest of us went out, as poor Sophie needed some tlc and you know she's family.
default_smile.png

Anyway, yes, she mentioned she had stashed her prom dress for some driving fun. I think a prom dress in a hyperbike would be even finer than a pleasure cart. *giggle*

Liz

Oh sh--!

You guys are gonna get me in trouble again, hehe!!!

Shirley, you'd better make it next year, and don't forget the hump-me pumps and beehive updo!

Do you think we can find a strapless harness for Mingus?

<<<<wants to see Susanne in a prom dress....LMAO!

BTW Susanne, sorry we missed ya this time around (missed ya at the state fair, too!)...hope Sophie is doing better!!

Leia.....where's your pics!?!?

I told you Linda, if you can tell me the technical details of how Taylor uploaded them so fast I'll get them up. Otherwise you can just hold your horses! LOL. 411 is a lot to sort through and I can only upload five at a time the way I know how to do it. She must either be very patient, know how to make Photobucket do the resizing simultaneously with the uploading, or have a mass upload tool I don't know about.

Heck, I still don't have the trailer unhitched! :new_shocked:

Leia

Okay, I grabbed three photos and did quick crops/edits just to keep ya'll happy. Here's me putting the mustang Eusabio through his paces and holding onto my hat for dear life:

Mustang.jpg

Spyderman with that alert expression I love to see at 30 years old (please forgive the permanently damaged left front leg):

Spyderweb.jpg

And Kody on the beach on Sunday. I'm saving the best shots of him for later!

KodyBeach.jpg

Leia

Leia...I dont think Taylor used photobucket to edit and resize...I think she used Photoshop, but she doesnt live with me, so I don't know how she did it so fast. Plus, she had all day Monday to work on it (little brat doesnt work like the rest of us...lol).

OK, since you posted a few pics (and man I am bummed I didnt get to see you ride that Mustang!), I will sit on my hands and be patient...
default_wink.png
:

Bill, I can't tell you for sure where the seat comes from, but I will tell you that it's comfortable. My cart does not have a boat seat on it, or hinged seat, it has a tractor seat and is much smaller.

My cart is also a little lower to the ground.

I LOVE mine. You are more than welcome anytime we're in the same vicinity with driving broke horses, harness and my cart, to drive it.

It is not a show cart, but it is the ultimate pleasure cart, and Leia uses hers for CDE (the Marathon portion if I'm not mistaken).

I tried the new version this last weekend, and it's nice!!!

It is made by Graham Carriage Works in the Portland area.

They have a website:

Hyperbike

My 'bike is actually pictured when it was brand new (in 1999) in the bottom two photos. I have other pictures of my Hyperbike if you're interested. I think it weighs about 28 lb. give or take?

Liz

Latest posts

Back