Nursing Home Visits

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlenehorse

Reaction score
We have done a fair amount of nursing home visits and was wondering if anyone know the name

of the little bag (for poop) that is harnessed to the mini. I am looking into buying one

and need to know where I can get one. We are planning to visit a children's hospital and need to invest

in one.

Thanks Carlene

I beleive some folks use a bunbag.

What we've used to Saber (while he doesn't poop indoors he wears it to keep staff happy) is a minitack driving diaper that we've modified a bit to make it deeper and open attached to a training surcingle.

I beleive some folks use a bunbag.

What we've used to Saber (while he doesn't poop indoors he wears it to keep staff happy) is a minitack driving diaper that we've modified a bit to make it deeper and open attached to a training surcingle.

RACHEL THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR.

Can you send me some pictures of it so I can

modify one?

My e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks so much for your help

Carlene

Last edited by a moderator:
Instead of emailing I'll post it incase others might be interested.

These photos are a couple years old but show the modified diaper on Saber.

He's also wearing the minitack backpack (without the bags here)

6yrsaber4.jpg

and Saber sitting wearing it

6yrsaber3.jpg

This was modified simply by taking a cheap pull over the head (no snaps or zipper) windbreaker jacket cutting it across (from under the armpitss) and then sewing the cut area together (to form a bag) stitched this onto the zippered open bottom of the minitack driving diaper and then sewn in a loop or two of flexible plastic on the inside to create an open affect.

I did this as I felt the driving diaper was a bit shallow and poo could sometimes fall out of it.

I did this before I heard of bunbags.

They overall may be easier.

Here's their url

http://www.bunbag.com/index.html

If you'd like pixs of the inside of the modified bag I could take it out of our van and try to get some of it.

Rachel that would be wonderful if you can send me pictures of the bag inside and out not on the horse.

Thanks again.

Carlene

Latest posts

Back