NSPR ideas thoughts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lisa, VSE's are up to 39" at the withers. There is no current height minimum for them...fortunate, as Pippin would almost certainly be under it!
rolleyes.gif

So only if the cross is under 39" at the withers would they qualify to be a VSE--there is no registry for them though--that's the PC way to say mini without leaving out the ponies, unreg. stock, mules, and donkeys.
yes.gif

runamuk said:
your thoughts on this new registry.....do you think it will become "something" or will it be like the ASPR and not really be very big......I am just kinda wondering I actually think it is a great idea and very timely with the closing of the hardshipping......I think it has the potential to become quite popular but only time will tell........Is anyone planning on actually breeding (crosses that were tempting ) now that there is an actual registry ?...........
I am just pondering out loud...I know many have been somewhat chastised when mentioning that they would like to breed their mini's to say an arabian or other breed.......I know of plenty of amazing 4h and show ponies that are welsh shetland or arab shetland and am wondering if the registry might be trying to capture this little market share......

Your turn please ramble.......

296566[/snapback]

We are planning to attempt at least one hackney/mini cross if my senior hackney mare doesn't sell VERY soon. I love the pony conformationally, temperament wise and especially movement. I think she'd be an awesome cross with our homozygous mini stallion.

shetland/ arabian is my favorite cross, and big enough for me to ride too!

The highest priced ponies these days are those selling as childrens hunt- jump mounts, and shetland /thoroughbreds are selling for thousands.. why not have a registry for our wonderful shetland crosses? They are out there now serving in many capacaties and outselling pure shetlands in some markets, why not make them registrable and enhance salability that much more for those who want a "registered" animal? Makes good sense to me!
yes.gif

Latest posts

Back