Not what I like to hear. Voided or Revoked

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reble

Reaction score
Just talked to someone from AMHA

if your horse you have sold has not been transferred out of your name, and needs to go permanent. They put on that file for that horse revoked?
default_new_shocked.gif

She did tell me that we can give them a list of horses that have not been transferred and they will put sold but not sure if the revoked would be removed?

Not good.

Recieved a call back from AMHR have heard they put on it void. letter V

confirmed yes, they cannot do anything about it.

Well from now on, I will make sure, I do the transfers. but this will still be marked void on my horses if not gone permanent. As some might think they have died or went over?

This is not good for us as breeders on our name and bloodline? Did you guys realize this happens.

Do not like people thinking my horses are going over, sorry just me...

So the people that do not keep up the paper work for AMHA or AMHR will reflect back on us the breeders.

I never knew this. :DOH!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that this happens and it doesn't bother me.

When I look up pedigrees on horses and if I come across a horse whos papers have been revoked, I just think either the horse went over, was never brought permanent do to being sold or passing or whatever. It doesn't make me think anything bad about the breeder.

What do they do when you send in papers on deceased horses. revoked. not deceased?

Why not put on there paper work incomplete? that makes more sence to me.

Oh well, I am just thinking out loud.
default_wub.png

IF you send in a deceased horse's paper and let the office know that the horse is deceased they will mark the horse as deceased, and return the papers to you also marked deceased.

If you don't send in the papers (and I don't mean you Rebel just using you in general), then the horses papers are revoked.

I think revoked is just an easy way for the office to determine if papers are current or not.

I guess someone could come up with a better system but doesn't it state right on the papers if the horse is not brought permanent the papers are considered revoked?

On the bottom of temporary papers it says Certificate not Valid after whatever the date is that they need to be brought permanent. I try to stay very current on my paperwork but don't think I would let those words bother me as I can always call the office and find out what the problem is.

Arlene

IF you send in a deceased horse's paper and let the office know that the horse is deceased they will mark the horse as deceased, and return the papers to you also marked deceased.If you don't send in the papers (and I don't mean you Rebel just using you in general), then the horses papers are revoked.

I think revoked is just an easy way for the office to determine if papers are current or not.

I guess someone could come up with a better system but doesn't it state right on the papers if the horse is not brought permanent the papers are considered revoked?
On the back of my temporary registered papers from AMHA

Reads:

If at any time it determined that this horse has exceeded 34 inches in height, this certificate will be void on the records of the Registry, without refund or fee.

Do not see anything on the AMHR registered papers?

I guess I would not have known, if it was not for someone looking up my bloodline on the Stud book, and noticed these words?

Oh well, just trying to understand this, was surprised, anyone can say anything than, and who really knows the truth.

but yes, little things do bother me sometimes. sorry.

I have actually never though of it being the breeder's fault. I have seen revoked many times and never think to hold the breeder in a bad light for it. I just figured someone never kept the papers current, that's all.

I have actually never though of it being the breeder's fault. I have seen revoked many times and never think to hold the breeder in a bad light for it. I just figured someone never kept the papers current, that's all.
I agree. I tend to figure that someone just didn't bother to bring the horse permanent, and I do wonder if the last owner is really the person that owns the horse now. So many Minis never get transferred.
I don't see that it makes much difference who is the last owner shown for the horse--if you see "revoked" and automatically assume that the horse went over and that's why the papers are revoked, then I guess you would be looking at the sire/dam of the horse & wondering if one or both of those horses tend to have offspring that are too tall. If that is the view some take then it won't help any to transfer the horse to the new owner--those people would still look at the sire and dam. After all, if a horse is too tall, it's no fault of the current owner--it's genetics. If you fear people will see that 'revoked' and blame you, the breeder, well, the only way to prevent that from happening is to keep the horse until it is old enough to be brought permanent--make the horse permanent yourself and then sell it.

Another thought--for those that assume revoked means oversize...those people would likely see the words "paperwork not completed" and assume that the paperwork wasn't completed because the horse went oversize. I do think that there are quite a number of people that discover a horse has grown too tall and instead of sending in the papers to have them cancelled just don't bother making the horse permanent. So, if revoked = too tall for certain people then I expect that "not completed" would also = too tall in the minds of those same people. The registry can't specify which it is, because all the registry knows is that the permanent papers were never applied for--it doesn't know why not.

As I said, I don't see it as a problem; I suspect most people think it's most likely that the paperwork just wasn't kept up. Not something to worry about IMO

I still have some also in my name that were sold long ago... I am sure the same thing will happen with those if the people did not care enough to transfer the papers. One was to be used for breeding, so I am sure none of their babies will be papered.... it will leave a nightmare of paperwork for someone...

And if you buy a horse with revoked papers you can always bring it permenant yourself, as long as the horse is within the guides lines set by the registry. You just have to have all of the paperwork in order and pay an extra fee for it being after the expiration date. Its not really a problem. I haven't shown AMHR in three years so I didn't keep my membership current. Now I have 4 horses that I need to take permanent that are 4 and 5 year olds. I just have to pay the late fee and their paperwork will be fine then.

No-- iI don't think badly of the breeder - just assume someone never did the paperwprk.

Even the stallion we sold at Little King's sale has never been transferred out of our name. Makes NO sense to me -- but as long as my paperwork is done -- that is all that really matters to me. Can't worry about the rest of the problems.

minimomNC - can you elaborate - or PM me - I guess I am confused I purchased an A (and R and world) mare that when I went to transfer A sent a letter stating that she was never transfered from the person before the person I got her from... I had no idea - didn't know any better - I took her papers and the signed transfer slips etc - now I have an A mare that I guess my only options are to hardship her or let it go to revoked???

I have tried searching out info on the owners 2 before me, found there address sent them a letter/explaining and have gotten nothing back.

but from what I understand without the transfer from the 2 owners back to the ones I got her from my transfer is a useless piece of paper.

Anyone have any idea if there is any hope of getting my mare back to being AMHA reg???

So, I guess I am confused too!! I have a 6 year old AMHA gelding that I had sold on payments during his 5th year when he should have been made permenent. The person never paid for him but also never transferred him out of my name so when I got him back a couple of months ago I sent in his papers to be made permenent. Will they be marked revoked because they are so late??

Latest posts

Back