not to be an alarmist but

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liltnt

Reaction score
I love those litle dragon things, but everytime I click on one, I am getting a warning of a virus or something attached to them. Yeserday I did a virus scan and had 13 that were fixable and one that wasnt . Just be sure to do a scan on your computer.

As it happened they showed up when I opened lil beginnigns. Dont believe they had anything to do with this site but...

I agree, ban them. I got the same virus warnings as you did.
default_unsure.png

(Typed all this out and had it in the wrong spot! Sigh- long day at work!)

If you go and check Out the site, it's a Kids site for goodness sake, the designer is a 17 year old, and they get their money from the Oddles of adds and donations.

I have a very tech savy guy who watches our Mac like a hawk, and he's seen Nothing come up and Man has he checked. (And checked and checked...) What I am betting you are seeing is a 'cookie counter' which would make any virus protection pop it's head up. It's to make sure you can Only click and be counted for once.
default_smile.png

I understand being concerned- but let us post them maybe just In a post dedicated to them for the people who like them versus the siggy's? You don't Have to click them or visit or See them then- but us dorks can still enjoy them.

As I mentioned in the other thread- I got a grumpy "NOT ALLOWED EVER!!!* (this is paraphrased- forgive me the exact wordage which ever mod yelled at me) when I first brought them over here in my siggy. Which I had never even known there Was a rule against it until I had seen that.

Please don't ban something because you don't exactly understand what's going on- just because it's new and different does not equal bad.
default_sad.png

Macs don't have the same virus issues that PC's do
default_smile.png
Just because your Mac can't find it does not mean that it won't severely affect PC's.

Yay! Thank you ML!!
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
Yes I think starting a thread to post them In versus our signatures will work out great.

Thank you for allowing them to still live here. :D

Nathan- yes I am aware of this, but we have also have a 'normal' PC, and when asked, he checked and it came up clean asides for the flags for the cookie counters. Not to say that it isn't possible, however considering the popularity of the site, I would imagine that if there were malware getting passed out like halloween candy, there would be alot more shutting down happening all over the place. IMO.

There seem to be a ton of viruses around just now, and I don't think they're coming from the dragon eggs. I haven't clicked on many of the eggs and the few I did click on, the times don't match up with the viruses that have been moved into my virus vault. The viruses my system has quarantined this week have--mostly--come attached to spam e-mails. I haven't opened many of them--several of them got sent right to the virus vault without them ever showing up in my Inbox. This must be virus season?

Latest posts

Back