not responding to ads

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellerroseintx

Reaction score
I have a little pet peeave...I have inquired on 3 ads on the sale board and have not heard back...I am going to start taking this personally pretty soon....
no.gif
.it has been a week and under.....sigh....or am I just impatient?

I have used the forum a lot as well as the sale board and have'nt had this problem..could it be they are on vacation as it's summer?

Don't take it personally, I'm sure there's a good reason.
smile.gif

I understand your frustration. I try to always be understanding. Computer may have crashed, phone lines down, family emergency, or just a glitch in the system that didn't get the email delivered one direction or the other.

I had a request one time and before I could get back to them with information, my computer crashed and I lost contact. I hope they don't think too badly of me.

Someone recently emailed me about an ad I placed and asked for a TON of pictures, which I sent. Never heard another word from them. I hope those pictures got through. I think they were in Texas.

If you have emailed me, and didn't get a reply, please try again.
rolleyes.gif

Sounds about normal to me. I had a lot of the same problem. Seems people just don't bother to follow up once they post an ad. I would think it would make it difficult to sell a horse.

I have had the same problem from time to time. Come to find out, my emails don't always get through with msn. So I have a yahoo email that works great for those.

Hey Kathye do you have your e-mail filter set up too high maybe?

I did and I just found out that I am not receiving a lot of e-mails that I am supposed to have gotten

Darn it, I just probably lost anther sale too.

Songcatcher said:
or just a glitch in the system that didn't get the email delivered one direction or the other.

434968[/snapback]

When I was looking into minis early this year; I sent an e-mail (from my account connected to my ISP service) request for more information about a weanling stallion that was to die for, I never heard back. Well, a friend of mine knew the seller and told me that she always responds to e-mails, so I broke down and called long distance. She had never received my e-mail, so over the phone I gave her my e-mail address. It took a couple of e-mails and one more phone call to get it all straightened out. And, as they say "the rest is history". It was a successful contact as you can see by my avatar picture (he's the little one I fell in love with and I did bring him home).

So, computer glitch or problems with delivery could be the culprit, you don't always get a "delivery failure" notice when e-mails don't go through.

barnbum, you beat me to it...I was going to say the same thing.
risa_suelos.gif

When I put an ad up I stare at my computer to wait for my e-mails and I respond within minutes. Unfortunately I do a lot of staring and not a lot of receiving!
laugh.gif

I would say that it's e-mail communication problems. Have you considered sending a return receipt? That way when they click "send receipt" you know they've received it. I know Outlook Express has it, but I don't know about the others.

Well, you can write to me about my filly that is for sale. I respond within minutes!! LOL

Hey Yelleroseintx:

I know exactly what you mean. I just finished in Dec looking for my main herdsire & was really surprised how many people I never heard from at all. I always give everyone the benefit of the doubt that maybe they are at a show or vacation etc... also I take in consideration the computer element but I called & left a message just in case they did not get the email & still never heard back. There were a couple that I was really interested in so had my trainer call & he got called back with all the questions answered in a matter of minutes.
no.gif

As for me, I always return every email that I get but also have followed up with people that asked for more pics only to be told they never received my email. It showed a read receipt & also was logged under my sent catagory so I had no way of knowing they didn't receive. So if I am really interested I will try again as I would hope they would do for me. Of course after several attempts & no response I do take my business elsewhere.

On a different note, we had originally named our farm yellerose but didn't pay the fee to reserve it. When we finally got to the point were we needed to really address a farm name it was already taken by someone else in Texas. I wonder if that was you!!! We changed ours to Frontier Miniatures.

I am like minimama, you can visit my website & I will be happy to reply.
wink.gif

Gosh, if you inquired about Rose
biggrin.gif
I didn't get it, just write again and I'll get right back with you!
biggrin.gif

I responded.
biggrin.gif

Lots of "ifs" with email communication, I agree, and summertime when people aren't always home. Well, that's people without horses to feed LOL...most of us are home.

Jan

Latest posts

Back