Not quite right... but can't put my finger on whats up..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calekio

Reaction score
I've noticed lately that my 3yr old colt is slightly 'off' but i can't quite put my finger on what is up with him..

He is still eating, drinking, active (to a sort) and doing everything that he should..

But he seems down at times.. slightly depressed and quiet... has a bit of a bloated belly with no real cause as not on much grass and not over weight... tonight he was breathing quite heavy and his gums were quite red... i'm just wondering if it could be something as simple as he is getting too hot? (could that cause a bloated look to him??)

The temperature over here is beginning to pick up, especially during the day now and he still has quite a thick coat on him.... i wasn't going to clip him as not showing him but now wondering if i should to try and help him out with the heat...

Or could it be something else? Something not quite right with him but can't put my finger on what....

Whoops, I see that he is not a suckling. He could be getting too warm. Does he have free access to fresh, clean water? Has he been dewormed? It wouldn't hurt to hose him down to cool him off.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to call the vet. Tell the vet what you posted here...... Don't forget to include the red gums and bloated look and his heavy breathing.

He may have gotten into something.

Back