Not my Year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shazzyear

Reaction score
This is not my year. i have been watching a maiden mare since she has been bagged up since Feb. ( could be due from Mar to June. ) One of my other mares that was not due til June foaled this morning -- the colt never got out of the sac. she foaled at 309 days. i hope the other 3 mares foals with out any problems.

Picture335jk.jpg

I am so sorry you lost your colt.

I see that the placenta and umbilical cord are still attached. I find that when this happens, the foal is already dead and there was nothing you could have done. The placenta released early and the foal would have suffocated with out the placenta attached.

Please do not blame yourself.

My thoughts are with you as I know how hard it is to loose a foal that you have been waiting for for 11 months.

So very sorry to hear of your loss - hope your mare is ok.

Anna

So sorry that you lost this little one.
default_no.gif

I find that when this happens, the foal is already dead and there was nothing you could have done.
That is not always the case... I have had many foals born who were delivered with the placenta coming immediately behind them... and they were perfectly fine...

so sorry for your loss. I too know what it is like to loose a foal as I lost a creamello filly yesterday to the cold. BIG HUGES!

So sorry that you lost this little one.
default_no.gif

I find that when this happens, the foal is already dead and there was nothing you could have done.
That is not always the case... I have had many foals born who were delivered with the placenta coming immediately behind them... and they were perfectly fine...
So Sorry
default_no.gif
Yep, Briar was born last year and was lying there resting with her dam and about two minutes later the placenta just slipped out.

So sorry that you lost your foal.. ((( Big Hugs ))) to you and your mare..

I've had that happen twice. I'm so sorry you lost your foal.

I am sooo sorry

This is not my year. i have been watching a maiden mare since she has been bagged up since Feb. ( could be due from Mar to June. ) One of my other mares that was not due til June foaled this morning -- the colt never got out of the sac. she foaled at 309 days. i hope the other 3 mares foals with out any problems.

Picture335jk.jpg

So sorry to hear of your lost foal
default_no.gif

Hope all goes well for your next foalings, this can be a very stressful time of year. {{{HUGS}}}

Back