Not just a "fun" post. *Update What business, breeder/farm/trainer would you recommend?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gosh it's hard to pick just one! Or even three! What a fun idea Debby!

Hard to pick, but my favorite farms are Little King, Lucky Hart and Little America; I'd love to see a day in the life of any of them. There are many others too, but these would be my top 3.

What a great idea! For someone like me, who got into minis late in life (mid sixties) I wish I had looked at them at a younger age. The three farms would be interesting especially if they were in 3 different parts of the country. That way each could show the problems each has to face in their area of the country as far as weather and feed and hay prices.

For tv you would have to find a farm that is involved with more than one thing, the sisters at CMC for example, Lee Crutchfield and his Zoo, Reeces with the different breeds an sisters. Have to have comedy and chaos to keep attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Aloha Acres was one of my three as well. Paula at LP Painted Ponies is my third pick. A completely different viewpoint, as she has Futurity winners that are going on into WORKING careers. REAL work, like moving downed trees and prepping garden areas. Not too many folks like her left in any breed.

I may add a couple more suggestions, as I said before, we want a wide variety for the season to be picked up for following seasons.

Drama and variety and comedic relief...all that the G audiences desire to stay tuned in!!

Sadly, we've lost the person who would have been the heart of the show: Mark Bullington.

Mark was knowledgeable, funny, and one of the kindest, most welcoming guys you could ever hope to meet. His laugh alone would have drawn viewers like a magnet!

In his memory, I think we'd need to show the Flamingos dancing during Liberty.

I really wish we had cams running right now at CMHR. We just got a new rescue in that's in pretty bad shape.

Hats off to you, you should be commended on the work you do Marty
default_worshippy.gif

I'm editing this for now .We are hoping for video at one of our fosters (not live feed) for when our horses are being worked on. That would be kinda cool to show what we are doing on video.

Hello! I have been quietly reading all of these wonderful responses to Debby's post. I am the director of casting and talent at a large Los Angeles based non-scripted television production company and I very interested in your world as a potential reality/docu-series.

I'd love to hear privately from any of you who might be interested in having his or her farm the centerpiece of a tv series.

Feel free to contact me at [email protected] and use the phrase "Debby sent me" in the subject line.

Thanks so much and I can't wait to hear from you!

Michael

This is fantastic! We need positive & educational things to circulate about the miniature horse.

A suggestion: If anyone has watched Too Cute that format(with a few modifications) could work.

Three different scenarios popped into my head.

First one film 3 different people. The beginner, the amateur, and the trainer.

Second a long time outstanding breeder that is dedicated with the registry they represent, the show world, and the breeding.

Third I love Marty's post about filming CMHR and what they represent. This would not just help the minis/ponies that need rescued but would open up horse rescue to everyone's eyes.

For total chaos, there isn't any family with more chaos than the Sansevere's at Enchanted Hollow in Minnesota. :) Her posts on FB and all the off the wall things that happen there keep me rolling in my chair - and EVERYONE in that family is totally involved with their minis and ponies.

Latest posts

Back