Not a Mini Rescue...BUT.....(Long)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniv

Reaction score
I am so THRILLED! Okay, to start with......I am on other Forums about totally unrelated things, but have befriended a gal on another Forum who lost her 8 year old son last year in a tragic accident and then lost a much loved riding horse last week that was a special pet to her son also! So it was doubley hard on her.......

Well, I suggested to the gal, Jill, if she had considered adopting a rescue horse and that I was "loosely associated" with a miniature horse rescue program so knew that there were all kinds of rescues all over the country.......Perhaps she should check out what is in her area.....? I also mentioned the PMU mares and forwarded some info on them to her and she said she has friends with Belgians who she would forward that on to.
thumbup.gif

Meanwhile, she takes my advice! She checks out online and finds a rescue farm within an hour's drive from her! She e-mailed me all excited and shocked that she'd never even THOUGHT of doing what I suggested. (I told her that her son and her old horse, CJ, would pull the strings and if it was "right", all would fall into place.)

Jill made an appointment to go out to the Rescue Ranch with her boyfriend this past weekend. She had seen a photo of a particular horse named "Greek" that she was interested in........sure enough........that one horse came right up to her and followed her all around. She rode him without a problem and they bonded instantly!

The end result was that she is bringing "GreeK" home.......AND her boyfriend fell in love with his own riding horse while there! LOL So they are now the new owners of TWO rescue horses!!!!! (Potatoe chips???)

rolleyes.gif
laugh.gif

I figure I'm on a roll here! And now whenever someone asks me about wanting a pet mini/pony/or horse -- I am going to say --- CHECK THE RESCUES !!!!!!!

new_multi.gif
MA
new_multi.gif

P.S. This is the site that Jill found her "Greek" fellow on......plus the other boy!

http://www.4thehorses.com/horsesavailable.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
YAY I am a rescue animal promoter also especially when it comes to dogs. Many people do not realize you can get a purebred rescue dog of just about any breed you can imagine.

That is so great!!!! What a great idea you gave her and I think it will help in her healing. Its a great thing to be needed and a needy horse can do the trick. I think people just dont think of rescue when looking for a horse. I think dog and cat rescue has much more awareness than horse rescue but hopefully with ppl like you and the rest of our wonderful forum pals the word will spread.

Awww thats wonderful...I just took a "tour" of the website...boy did I fall in love!!!

Terrific story MA! With just one little suggestion, you made 2 people and 2 horses very happy.
cheekkiss.gif

That's terrific that you were able to help her and ultimately a couple of horses too. Keep up the good work!

Latest posts

Back