Northeast Miniature Horse Club's FANTABULOUS Clinic with Mike McCabe

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millstone Farm

Reaction score
I know I have posted on the Forum about the Northeast Miniature Horse Club's upcoming clinic on April 12th and 13th -- the one starring the one and only Mike McCabe....

I'll post the general info on the clinic below. What I wanted to let drivers know is that we have a late scratch and have one driving lesson open for Sunday. All of these driving slots sold out almost immediately (a testiment to how in demand Mike is!). If you are interested in purchasine the lesson, please get in touch with Dru Crowell immediately ([email protected])

We have approximately 50 people confirmed for the clinic! The more the merrier! If you have been sitting on the fence about attending, I urge you to come and join us! You'll find we're a fun group - always anxious to lend a hand and share our experience!

Now for the clinic details:

The Northeast Miniature Horse ClubCordially Invites You To

A WEEKEND of CLINICS with MIKE McCABE

World-Renowned Breeder, Trainer & Judge

April 12 and 13, 2008

The Carriage Barn Equestrian Center

6 Sarahs Way, Newton, NH

in the historic Kettle Carriage House

(with heat and modern restrooms)

&

In the spacious Indoor Arena

Registration and Coffee at 8:30 a.m.

Clinic to begin at 9:00 a.m. sharp!

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Northeast Miniature Horse Clubs Annual

AMHA Amateur Clinic with Mike McCabe

Hands-on Training of the Halter Horse

Including tips on Conditioning, Grooming,

Show Ring Prep & Presentation

Saturday's Amateur Clinic is FREE to all AMHA Amateur and Youth members

(Cards must be current for the 2008 show season!)

NMHC Members without Amateur cards $10

Non-NMHC members without cards $30

Our Famous Gourmet Potluck Lunch Buffet is Included

On Saturday evening, we invite you to join Mike McCabe and the Northeast Miniature Horse Club members

for an Informal Dinner and Conversation at

Pond View Restaurant

Kingston, NH

On Sunday April 13, at 8:00 a.m.

NMHC is proud to Present

Our 2nd Annual Mike McCabe Driving Clinic

Beginning with Mike's not-to-be-missed

Round Pen Demonstration

Followed by private driving lessons

for you and your horse.

Auditors Welcome ~ Q & A Encouraged

Driving Clinic Costs

Private Lesson with your horse – 50 minutes ~ $100

To Audit: a ringside seat for the private lessons ~ $20

(Auditors - Please bring your own chair for Sunday)

These MUST be reserved and paid for in advance.

Please contact coordinator Dru Crowell: [email protected] ~ (508) 430-1725

Also Featured - A Silent Auction Table

Including a totally reconditioned set of Double K Clippers; A consignment of rack of gorgeous,

gently worn Show Clothes; Mini ‘facialing kits to put that Professional Finish on YOUR Show

Horse; Show Halters ~ Harness & Related Equipment and Much more!

We will also have flea market table space available for $10 to sell your wares.

~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday April 12:

The Amateur Clinic on Saturday is FREE To all AMHA Amateur and Youth card holders.

Cards must be current for the 2008 season!

Fees: NMHC Members without Amateur cards $10

Non-NMHC members without cards $30

Lodging:

Rooms available at The Kettle Carriage House Bed and Breakfast on Premises ~ 603-

348-0140

NMHC has also reserved a block of rooms at Comfort Suites, Haverhill, MA, about 7

miles away $68/night includes breakfast (978) 374-7755

(Mention Northeast Miniature Horse Club Clinic & reserve by April 4)

Stalls available for your driving horses at the Carriage Barn ~ 603-348-0140

Visit www.northeastminis.org/calendar.htm for the Clinic Reservation Form

SEATING IS LIMITED ~ DONT BE LEFT OUT!

PLEASE RESERVE BY TUESDAY, APRIL 1 TO GUARANTEE YOUR SPACE

For the Amateur Clinic or to Audit the Driving Clinic

Questions???

Please contact Melanie Greenwood @ [email protected]

For more information or to downoad the clinic reservation forms, visit our website at Northeast Miniature Horse Club Website

I'm going and wouldn't miss it for the world. Still wish I had the room to drive but just being there for the presentation part of the clinic will be great. Hope to see all our club friends there
default_aktion033.gif

MEADOW

Just wanted to let you all know that the opening we have available is on Sunday afternoon, and I can be a TAD flexable right now about the time as I am doing up the final schedule today.

Two reserved openings became available, this week, and before I could put it up here, one was taken!

WHEW!

We have AMHA and AMHR horses in this clinic.

I also have questions for everyone who wants a lesson but won't have a horse ready to harness for next year.

Would there be a demand for private lessons ( for humans) if there was a horse and cart available? This is something I am thinking about, but need input from interested parties.

Thanks, See you there!

And now it is time for all you folks who have signed up for the Saturday Clinic to open up your cookbooks and let me know what potluck favorite you will be bringing!

We are famous for our 'gourmet potlucks' because of YOU! Last year we had a feast fit for royalty, so let's see if we can top it this year.

Email me at [email protected] to let me know what you will be bringing, or to get some ideas of what we might need.

Thanks everyone!

Dru- I don't know if you can see me, but I am standing in front of my house waving my arms enthusiastically in your general direction to say "ME, ME, ME!!!!" in response to your question about taking driving lessons. There is no one in my area who teaches driving and I need help!!!

As for Cindy's post about the food -- people could come to this clinic just for the food. It was that good last year. We have some serious cooks among us in the Northeast. We are actually going to produce a cookbook this summer to sell at our events as a fund-raiser for our club's rescue efforts!

Yes, Jen I can see you...it's only a 5 hour drive from here to there!

I'm not really certain about how we'd do the lessons with a "Provided Horse and Cart" but depending on the numbers requesting this service, I could bring at least one horse and cart, and Mike could give them a Lesson with her.

I assume it would be a beginner requesting the lesson so I'd bring a solid, trained horse ( My Darling Maddie). Lucy is for sale, but if she doesn't sell, she can come too, as she is bombproof in harness. Both these girls are Country and well behaved, and as long as Mike is in charge, I would never worry about either of them with a beginner! This can easily include YOUTH!

This ought to give someone who has never driven, a good, sound base for the "Human" part of driving, like where to sit in the seat, how to position yourself ( NOTE: my position in my avitar is WRONG! ), how to have LIGHT hands, using the whip as a guide, where your feet go, the different speeds asked for in a class, how to tell what your horse is doing while you are sitting BEHIND her, how to "Ask for more", etc.

This is a great way to see if Driving is something you want to do before investing in carts and harnesses, and a good driving horse, AND what to look for in all three!

Since this is something we are thinking of for next year, I'll entertain any and all questions and requests, and try to meet anyone needs. Please don't worry about asking, You can't learn without having your questions answered!

dru....FINALLY feeling better on Cape Cod!

Latest posts

Back