Northeast AMHA Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coopermini

Reaction score
Congrats to the Northeast Miniature Horse Club on a very nice show this weekend. We were only there for today but heard Sat went very well also. This was our first rated show and we really had a great time. Inspite of the heat (friends said it was 93 at 1:30 pm) and about as muggy as it could possibly get it was a really well run show. We got to catch up with some old friends and met lots of new faces. Definately we will have to get to more A shows!

Special thanks to Kristina for helping in the beginner class! I know you and your mom were very busy without you spending the time with me!

Matt it was nice to finally get to meet and looking forward to seeing you at our next show.

Wish we could have hung out a little after our last class but Gaylene's dad is in the hospital and we had to get home. BTW he is doing little better today.

Our little filly Bella was really happy to get home!

Mark

Hi Mark,

Glad to see you made it home from the show safely! It was very nice to see you again and I enjoyed talking with you and your wife. Your little Bella is a spitfire... but a very pretty little spitfire. I was more than happy to help you out with her in the beginner class today.... Hope to see you all at more A shows!!!!

The weather certainly was a burden on the weekend, but I think that a great time was had by all! My horses are certainly happy to be back home and in their own stalls.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was great to meet you too Mark! What a hot and sticky day! I think I sweat off about 50 pounds. Thanks NMHC for another great show!

The Northeast Miniature Horse Cluh thanks you for the compliments, Mark. So glad that you made it down to one of our shows, and we do hope we will see you again. I think that pretty filly has a show future!

Kudos must go also to the Bristol County (MA) FFA group who totally staffed this show for us along with their leader Aaron Caswell, who was also our show manager. Behind the scenes on the first day was typically frantic, but it all smoothed out and we had a great show despite the horrendous heat and humidity. One of our World Show judges from Texas thought she was coming to New England to cool off!

RIBBONS FOR LINDA -- We also are very pleased and proud to announce that the club made a huge effort through raffles, donation buckets, and some other creative programs spearheaded by our youth, and we were able to raise more than $200 over the weekend. Thank you to everyone at the show who contributed to help Linda Best (Fred on the Forum) and her family.

Our Board of Directors has voted to match this amount, so we will be sending a check to RIBBONS FOR LINDA for around $400.
default_aktion033.gif

Hey--so that's where Kristina was!
default_smile.png
I thought I'd get to see you show at Area 1. Mark--why don't you come down to Area 1 so I can meet you!
default_yes.gif
Meeting forum folks sure makes it extra nice. I'm glad you had a good show. Mark--any photos of Bella?

Mocha--that's awesome about the check for Linda!!
default_aktion033.gif

Sounds like the Ribbons for Linda was successful!!! Everyone from our farm donated money, and it was so great to see so many people working together to help one of our fellow show-mates.... Linda, you were in our thoughts all weekend!!!

I also owe a big Thank you to everyone who helped us out during the weekend. And to the people that held horses, and offered a helping hand(or maybe the proper word is recruited to help) Matt, Mr. Greenwood, David and Lisa, Kim, Bailey.... There were so many... Between getting driving horses ready, Hunter/Jumpers, switching rings for disciplines and just plain running around like crazy all weekend with 13 horses, I appreciated everything that was done for me. Once again, it was refreshing to see people helping each other out.

Hey--so that's where Kristina was!
Hey Karla,

Yes, I unfortunately had to miss Area 1.... It was a bummer that these 2 shows were the same weekend!!! I would have loved to have visited with you again. Hopefully I will be able to get to some Horseheads shows in the future!!

After being home for a day and getting cooled down a bit When is the next show? No really we had a great time and as hot as it was everyone was very friendly all day. We did get to meet lots of people and look forward to doing more shows.

AS for Bella thanks everyone for the very nice comments all day! It was really sweet of her to discover she could spring straight into the air in the ring. We even got asked by one judge in the champion class if we were planning on the jumping classes later in the day. I probably would have laughed if it wasn't quite so hot!

Mark

I went to watch on Sunday, I was suppose to show but I had lost my wonderful mare to colic the week before.

The show went great from what I could see. Congrats to everyone there for your placings and braving that heat!!

Thank you to those that were there for me! It was hard, that was the first show without my girl!

Way to go Dru and everyone else that sold the raffle tickets to support Linda!!! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!

It was really sweet of her to discover she could spring straight into the air in the ring. We even got asked by one judge in the champion class if we were planning on the jumping classes later in the day. I probably would have laughed if it wasn't quite so hot!
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

You always have a good show story.

This show was AWESOME!!!
default_biggrin.png
As always NMHC has put on another great experience. The Heat was very oppressive but it did not keep the people down. There were lots of smiles, laughs, and fun. Emma Rose and Owen really enjoyed playing with Moe. I think my kids will look back on our weekends lat NMHC shows like this one fondly. Despite some over tired and over heated crankiness they really do have fun and talk about it for days after. Thanks to Cindy for your encouragement, Val for your always kind words to my kids, Dru for letting me always ask silly questions, and the Slobody family and Moe for allowing Emma Rose decorate your truck and trailer.

THANKS SO MANY TIMES OVER!!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

I'm really sorry I had to miss the show. I head up to Saratoga for my six-week prison term -- I mean work relocation -- so I wasn't able to make it.

From everything I heard, it sounds like our club once again put on a great show. I'm almost glad my colts weren't there, as they surely would have joined in the cow dung diving contest!!

Heather - sorry to read about your mare. She was a very special girl.

Jenifer

A very productive, and well organized show. The heat was unbearable, though when they announced the "jackets optional" rule, you could hear a huge sigh of relief go throughout the barn. I heard of some people and children having water fights when they weren't showing, and Triple and Dancer, as I'm you've all heard, found their own ways to cool off. Ribbons and raffles for Linda was a huge success, especially with the directors matching the amount.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to everyone who helped make this show so great!

I still haven't recovered from the heat of this past weekend. Although as everyone has mentioned, the smiles and laughter made the heat a little more bearable.

It was great to see all of our friends and club members and especially the Cooper clan. Mark, you and Bella will go far....TX
default_aktion033.gif

We also met some new friends from up-state NY, Karen Miller and her side kick Jen. It was fun going out to dinner with them! Hope to see both the Cooper clan and Karen and Jen at more shows
default_smile.png

Once again, mentoring with the adults and youth classes was the highlight of my weekend. When you can see the difference a mentor can make and then to see the look on the exhibitor when they achieve a blue ribbon, it makes it all worth the effort.

Until next time
default_yes.gif

Val

Meadowbrook Miniatures

Latest posts

Back