Normal birth after breech birth?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, color... I haven't a clue. Guessing something silver.

Mom is a silver bay pintaloosa. Her mom was a buckskin pinto, her dad was a red appaloosa.

Dad is a buckskin pinto out of a palomino pinto by a buckskin sire.

All that color must have been intimidating because baby has zero!!!

Daddy's name is River, mama is Bailey...

Barn name for baby is Brooke
default_smile.png

I will post more as she unfolds.

Mama and baby are doing great. Baby pooped 3 times, bucking around the stall and kicking at her mama already. She is going to be fun!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Silver very nice. She has a fantastic head with a teeny tiny muzzel :)....maybe there are some spots under there...that's possible color. Either way silver is really pretty. And there are tons of people who are trying to produce it.
default_smile.png
so cute

Reactions: KLM
Oh my goodness!!!! She is CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!! I want to snatch her up and hold her!! Lol! Congrats!!!

How exciting and CONGRATULATIONS to you and momma. She is very feminine looking with such a pretty head!

Just awesome, and can't wait for more pictures as she unfolds!

Congratulations again. Rest well tonight~~if you can pull yourself away from checking on that precious little one!

It's a little bit heartbreaking watching mama with her. Every time she takes a nap, mama nudges her awake every few minutes and stands guard over her. It makes me think she is making sure she is still alive. She didn't do that with her last foal. I think she remembers losing last years baby.
default_sad.png

God bless the broodmares. They are truly amazing!!!

I also thank God for seeing her safely into the world, since Bailey obviously had no intention of allowing me to oversee it!

she is absolutely fantastic!

Your post w/ pics had me laughing - just what I needed after a rough day at work. Loved the way you came up with her barn name!!

Those heterozygous spots (pinto) are just sooo funny!! BUT w/ the appaloosa breeding too, I'm thinking there is a chance that she will "color out/up" later?? I love silvers - that's one solid color I don't mind at all...
default_smile.png
They always change colors thu the year - never staying the same (well maybe they would kept up in the barn?).

Take care and get some "z's" for yourself now. THEN we'll look forward to seeing Brooke's unfolded pics.

Now quit spending all your time playing with that little one, and share a few new pictures with the Aunties!!!
default_whistling.gif

Ok Aunties, here she is. Doing some DNA color testing, as I think she may be a smokey black. She has blue eyes.

Unfortunately for me, I have trouble getting pics of her not in the shade!!

She is a doll though, very feminine. Such a girl. Mama is very protective and attentive.

The one pic is a family photo.. That's papa in the background looking at what he made
default_smile.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

She is just beautiful! Let us know about the color testing. If she's a smokey black, she beat the odds! Only a 4.5% chance, but wouldn't that be something!

Still a very pretty little girl!

Yes, our smokey silver black gelding was also born w/ blue eyes. He injured his left eye as a yearling, but I have the pics of his right eye (going thru them) now at 5 yrs of age... Not sure now when he actually changed - will have to see, but don't think I have a lot of close ups of his "good" eye...

I'm so up in the air! The blue eyes are throwing me, but I'm being told it is a genetic marker of her being a smokey black. No matter what color she is, the coat color calculator says all the possibilities that she looks to be are at the highest 5.6% so I think all the color odds are out the window!

I sent pics to some color genius friends and got back "Oh, definitely smokey black" So I said... "HOW!"

Sent pics of Papa and got back, test him, he looks to be a smokey cream. So I checked. His dad was buckskin, his mom was registered as a palomino, so its possible. DNA being sent on on daddy and daughter. And while I am at it, what the heck, I will test her mama as well. Her sire is Brewers Classic Supreme, a chestnut appaloosa, her mama is a buckskin pinto. Not sure where the silver is coming from, but I was told she is silver, although she has never been tested.

Here are some pics of mama... Bar B Supreme Attitude

What color does she look like to you guys?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wow!! She is stunning! I just love her color! Her coloring looks similar to my colt that was a silver black... But he didn't have blue eyes.. How neat if she is a smokey black with blue eyes! Thank you for the pictures! Can't wait to see what the testing says!

I'm super dumb when it comes to color so I'm probably wrong but the little bit of dark on her knees makes me think silver bay.

The mare could be a silver bay, but really hard to be sure with the white legs, can't see the tell tale darker lower legs. But, looking at her clipped picture, she's rather dark for a chestnut, my reds clip out to an orangy color; where my silvers clip darker. Her chestnut sire could carry silver or be a silver bay.

Only way to know for sure is to color test.

ditto what Chanda said. The red horses (to include chestnut, sorrel, palomino and cremello) can carry a silver gene that hides thru many generations.

Recently, someone in the Silver Equine FB page posted a pic of a "silver buckskin". Looked like a true buckskin! His black points didn't appear diluted at all by the silver gene - which is unusual, to say the least. Post stated that he had tested as a single cream gene, single bay gene and a single silver gene. Can't remember the red/black ratio... Someone was looking for pics of silver buckskins & smokey silver blacks and that was how that pic came to be posted.

Let us know what all your testing reveals! That is sooo fun to find out - even if you think you know...

O, and more piccies when you get the chance. She's such eye candy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back