No Rest for the Weary ...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteTailsMinis

Reaction score
Alittle behind here - so going to try to catch up. Most of you follow us on FB so this isn't news, but for others - please allow us to introduce .....

yet another colt - this would be Number 6 colt .... and we aren't done here - posting individual arrivals in separate posts LOL

Born May 1st, this tiny palomino colt with blues eyes measured a 7" canon and will mature small. He's petite, refined and at only a few days old - carries himself for the show ring. He's got the dishiest head. If you look real hard you can see a white blaze down his face a whiter contrasting color to the palomino color (if that makes sense?).

Ivory is a 32.5 inch, cremello double bred Buckeroo daughter. Her dam is a sister to several top horses in the industry including - LK Buckeroo Zodiac, Casper Buck, Crystal Buckeroo, Major Bucks, Top Bucks, Vanessa and Starlight Supreme! Ivory has the genetics and breeding potential to be added to this list!

His sire Dream is a 30.5 inch, palomino son of Komokos Little King Supreme and is out of Wittmaacks Freckles - a Johnstons Gold Boy daughter. Dream was shown and promoted successfully in the western region and became a National Top Ten Senior stallion. Little King realized his potential and genetic pre-potency as a breeding horse and purchased him back in 1997.

Dream's half-sister Little Kings Buck Angelica was the highest selling filly in the 1997 Miniature Event Sale and became the AMHA National Champion Yearling Filly and National Champion Two Year Old Filly. Another half sibling to Dream is Little Kings Buckeroo Baccarra who is National Grand Champion Senior Stallion.

This colt definitely has the genetics to go places - afterall this is LKF breeding that's been very successful for them!

Here's our little gem:

ivy2.jpg

ivy3.jpg

ivy1.jpg

Thanks for letting us share our babies with you - - we're not crazy about this colt year but if we have to have boys - we're sure glad we're getting the dynomite quality boys! LOL

Editted to add: Ivory and her colt have already gone to pasture with Fallen Ash Scouts Exodus, our L&D Scout son for a rebreed. So anxious for 2012 to get the Scout/Buckeroo cross grand-foals! wow it'll be a long wait but oh so worth it! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Julie, you definitely need to get a trainer for this one, he is SO NICE! He is not even filled out yet and his front end is already fantastic
default_wub.png

I agree with Julie, you definitely need to get a trainer for this one, he is SO NICE! He is not even filled out yet and his front end is already fantastic
default_wub.png

Thank you - and Julie too! Funny you say not filled out cause he was SO SKINNY and boney when delivered - and no hair really - very strange compared to all the furry ones born before him. He looked like a wrinkly pug tor sharpai dog ha ha ha He's coming along so beautifully though - very pleased with him. He wasn't early though cause LKF bred and ultrasounded her and she delivered exactly on 330 days.

This is the colt I was waiting to see
default_aktion033.gif
I am very fond of his dam
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

He is stunning, congratulations!

Last edited by a moderator:
This little guy is absolutely gorgeous!! I love him
default_smile.png

Susan O.

He doesn't look palomino to me, he looks Cremello??? Expecially with the blue eyes...
You're right he does look cremello and that's what we were expecting but he has a white blaze down his face and you can see the contrast of hair color on each side where the face is shaded darker than the white blaze. We figured (and again I said not up on color genetics) - we figured that cremello was so white, you'd never detect a white blaze in coloring so we figured he must be palomino for the blaze to show up. We actually had cremello at first and ask the webmaster to change it to palomino. LOL Would you detect a blaze if it was cremello considing cremello color is so white to start with? I'm open to more experienced color experts to correct me - either way - is fine with me.

Back