No Response ARRGGGHHH

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortymisty

Reaction score
on the sale board, you e-mail them about it and you get nothing in return. Even if it went into their spam mailbox, if I have something up for sale I always check that too and even found a response and made a sale. Why if they put something up for sale, they don't respond for days, yes I know people have busy lives, but when you advertise something for sale, wouldn't stay on top of things at that point? OK, I'm through with my vent, just had to get it off my chest, thanks for letting me ramble.

I put 2 mares and 2 filles on the sale board earlier this week. Even though, with dial-up, it takes me forever to attach pix, I do respond to everyone who inquires as soon as I can. Afterall, I am trying to sell the horses. With so many out there for sale, I'm not going to make a potential buyer wait.

I hope you get the info you asked for on the horses you inquired on soon.

I'm sure this isn't the usual case but sometimes emails don't go through. Right now I'm trying to correspond with an interested buyer but we both have to go through a mutual friend as her and my email won't go through to eachother. I've had this happen before. Just a thought.

I have found that AOL accounts are unreliable when writing back and forth. I would respond to an ad and they wouldn't write back and it annoyed me the same way it is annoying you. I wouldn't get an delivery error message and they would never get my e-mail. This happened more than once.

I did some checking and AOL was usually involved.

Perhaps it's something like that?

When that happens to me I just assume that either the horse is sold, or it simply isn't "meant to be" & I move on.

As far as checking my spam folder, I can do that at work but on my home e-mail, I have no idea. I got a message tagged as "spam" yesterday, but if certain messages get sent to a spam folder rather than coming through with a tag then they are GONE, because I have no idea how to look for them. I hope I haven't missed too many messages because of that.
unsure.gif

I have found two horses on the sale board I was VERY interested in...I emailed twice......no response....oh well....so I know what you mean it is frustrating....why post if you don't want to answer.

edited to add..I know they go thru because I get no 'returned mail' notice

Last edited by a moderator:
Meant to say above--if no "failed delivery" notice comes to you, it still doesn't mean that the person received the message you sent. A few of them seem to disappear into never-never land, not "failed" but never received either. I've had it happen a couple times with friends who had no reason to lie about not receiving my message. I also once received a message a good month after it was actually sent--when it finally arrived in my in-box it was dated with the date it was actually sent--more than a month previous.

Meant to say above--if no "failed delivery" notice comes to you, it still doesn't mean that the person received the message you sent.
You are correct! Especially the free-mail ones. AOL, is by far, the worst. I deal a lot with e-bay and whatnot, and have learned that, if nothing else. I give an e-mail two days at the most, and then I re-send, just in case...or phone. You just cannot rely on e-mail alone for business purposes.

geez, now you have me wondering about email. I have a couple of mares for sale that have been there lately without any response or inquiry at all. I have not been sure I wanted to put my phone number there but maybe I should.

I always respond to any inquiry whether I have what someone is looking for or not.

Makes me wonder, I would sure hate to have someone feel this way about me, especially if I had no idea it was happening.

Anne

About a month ago my hotmail email that I have had forever just flat out disapppeared. I lost all my mail, addresses and everything. I have no idea why. I found out that if you have a free hotmail account, NO ONE wants to help you restore it. They say they cannot. I even called their 800#, got a babe in the Phillippenes to tell me that no one can restore it for me. I lost some of my orders and ticked off a few people along the way.

I opened up a new hotmail after that, not a freebie, and low and behold, two days ago, it disappeared on me again. However, they just got it restored for me so it's up and running again.

This is just crappy!

OK, so I do have AOL so maybe that's the problem
yes.gif
I too have gotten something a month later and responded and she just throught is was funny. Luckily she was a friend of mine. I was just in a bad mood this morning and had to vent, still haven't heard from the person either and they too are on AOL. Oh well, like you say, it just wasn't meant to be. I'm through won't vent any longer
wink.gif
and back again to the sale board
aktion033.gif

I've had a few e-mails not go through. I have two e-mail accounts; a hotmail account and the account that came with my ISP account.

Last spring I was looking at a weanling colt that I really wanted. Sent an e-mail with no response; tried with both e-mail accounts. Mentioned it to a friend who has bought from the same seller, she told me to call as the seller always answers e-mails. So, I did call and between giving her my e-mail address (her e-mail account wouldn't accept my e-mail address in, but once sent out there was no problem) to write to me and a few phone calls; I now have a very nice little yearling stallion (avatar horse). I just couldn't give up on him and I'm glad I didn't.

Don't get us wrong-- by all means VENT!!! YOu have every right to and besides, it's healthy!!

We were just hoping that our experiences may help answer some questions for you and for others who have had this same problem. I have actually posted this same thing before not too long ago and that's how I figured out the AOL thing.

Yes aol is bad for getting email but then all the mail service is bad sometimes. I sent a payment out to a web site builder [when I had a web site] and was told it never came. After doing alot of reserch found out that a big mail truck had caught on fire and all that was on there was lost. I'm not saying that's where it was but who knows. You take a chance on all email and mail service when you use them.JMO
wacko.gif

earlier this year, when I posted a couple of ads, just the act of posting an ad seemed to trigger a fit in my email acct through my ISP, so that I couldn't reply.

much jumping through hoops later, we figured out the outgoing email server had been reconfigured without notifying the customers. and it was done is such a way as to cause services such as AOL to disallow all email from my ISP (tagged as spam and refused).

also, I manually chack and delete spam while at work, and have been known to (accidentally) delete emails from people I should know when the subject line is empty or just says something like "hi".

a good subject line is your friend.

this reminds me of something my boss asked back when we got email in our office.

"How do I know my email got through?"

I explained that the only way to know for sure it got to its intended destination was to receive a reply. just like in phone-tag or sending something out by snail mail.

of course, this is a man who uses his outlook as a word processor, and has all the emails he has received for the last five years either in his in-box or his delete box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my I hope it wasn't me either
no.gif
I always return my emails promptly unless I am out of town, vacation, etc...& then I return them as soon as I get home but I also know in the past I have not gotten emails & thankfully the people called & let me know. Of course I apologized profusely because I truly never got their emails. I know most of us would rather you call (if you have a #) then to just give up. After all if they don't return your call then you know it is probably them & move on but at least you gave them a chance if it is just a email not getting thru issue.

Sherry

Latest posts

Back