No job and moved back

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniature217

Reaction score
Hello everyone , I know i have not been on here for half of a year. It has been really hard and I can't find a job and i been looking for one for a year ,
default_no.gif
So and my hubby got fired 4 weeks ago. And we moved to my mom's and dad's ( it's like i did not like to move back in). So we could not afford the apartment anymore. And no matter what i am still keeping my mini mare. But one thing a freind of mine said that there is a place that is hiring and a new truck stop is hiring also. Thank God on that. Pray for me on hope at least i get one of the jobs. But i have two bills i have and they have to do with my mini mare, Vet bill ($79.00) and Stall rent ($225.00). When i do get a job i will pay them off and i will feel better. I just want everyone to pray for me on getting a job. I will let everyone know that i have a job.

Sorry to hear you had to move in with your parents but at least you had a place to move into. It is great you can keep your mini!

That is our next stop... if by Dec DH can't find a job locally, we will have to sell this place and move down to my parents place in Grass Valley Ca. They have plenty of land for my animals. Not what I want but at least it is some place to live.

Best of luck to both you and your DH in finding a good job!!!

We have had a situation similar to yours with a son of ours. He did not move back in with us but in with his brother as the job market is better in that area.

Our son has just moved out on his own again, having paid some bills and saved for his apartment. He is going good now.

There were some problems that came up with our sons. It is over now and forgotten. But, based on what I saw.....please be good to your parents. Look for ways for you and hubby to help...doing dishes, making meals, doing laundry, mowing the lawn, walking the dog, washing cars, etc. And be considerate....don't stay out and then come in late and interupt their night's sleep, clean up after your dog (if you have one), don't ask friends over without permission, etc. I would just do things and not wait to be asked. If you know that it needs to be done, jump in and help. It will not be easy for you and hubby, or for them, all of the time. Keep talking to them and air anything that is getting you down and ask them if there is anything that is bugging them too. Don't let things build up...talk things out.

Good luck with the job search. Get out every day and try to talk to everyone about finding a job. Be a volunteer once a week, it will help your outlook immensely and will help you build a network of people looking for job openings for you. I hope you both find something soon and are in your own home again real soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am the parent who has kids back home
default_wacko.png
Same deal, no job, etc.....or job and can't pay bills due to economy, rents going up, etc.

Neither situation was something they could have avoided. And parents are parents for life....trust me, it isn't always easy !
default_wub.png

As Charley has offered -- DO clean up after yourself. DO help but, ask first as what "you" want to do may not be what "they" want done....
default_biggrin.png
..... it is, after all, their home and may be exactly as they want it (i.e. re-arranging things, doing it "their" way). DO remember that they have just had their own lives "invaded" and their space, time, schedules are affected. DO help with any additional expenses you can, as soon as you can. DO try to give them some privacy. Parents will help and appreciate your trying to give back.

I can say that we do not like to "tell you what to do" as you have previously been raised and left our homes but, this can be resolved nicely with a good conversation about what can/shouldn't be expected. It must be remembered that many parents will not reveal to their children if they are in a situation that makes it financially tight for them....whether you are home or not. Remember that you are living in the same economy that they are. If their budget is fixed, well you just need to really keep looking for work and not relax about it.

Bottom line -- treat them as good as you would your best friend, or YOU WANT TO BE treated.

I wish you luck with your job hunt!! Even if it's part time, take it until more comes about.
default_wink.png

Back