No I'm not a stranger here!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intexas2stay

Reaction score
WOW!!!! Its been like 4 years since I have logged in here. I was surprised that my user name still worked!!!! Browsing through the forums I am glad to see many people I know through the forum are still here. For those who may not remember, or dont know me, I am Nicole, I started the Secret Santa Gift Swap, many years ago. Do you still do that?

Well, time has not been kind on me. My husband divorced me last year... (another woman) And he wound up with the kids, although we have joint custody. He got the house, everything.... He even had the nerve to tell me he wanted the divorce on THANKSGIVING!!!!! My three beloved cats, Mootie, Spanky, and Tibble, all died... My health has proven to be a disaster. 2 years ago I ended up having a Pulmonary Embolism, ( blood clot in lung) which was as I have been told by all of my doctors, should have killed me, as it was a clot on BOTH sides of the artery. A few months later, the seperation happened, then I got another clot, and it was then I was diagnosed with a very rare blood disorder, which in laymans terms, means that I lack a certain protine in my blood that manages the clotting factor, so the only thing my body knows how to do is clot. It cant be turned off. I had another clot on top of a eptopic pregnancy that ended in miscarriage. I have since thrown several other small clots, some superficial, some more dangerous. My mental health went on a rapid downward spiral after my husband left. My Bipolar disorder was added too by anxiety disorder and a few other small things. So now I take more drugs than your typical HIV patient.

Its been a LONG journey for me to get where I am today. I met a wonderful man, Chris, who is younger than I, but fills my heart with love and understanding, especially when it comes to my health. My ex, well I think he got tired of all of my "diseases" and didnt care if I lived or died. Chris works hard to support us, and puts up with me, SO I know I am lucky there. I have also developed a very close relationship with my sister, a relationship we never had before now. In fact, two of my cousins who live close by have chosen my ex husband over a relationship with me. But as long as I have my sister on my side, I am ok.

My ex kicked me out of the house we shared last year. He had long since moved out, but was set on making my life miserable, so he kicked me out, thinking I would move to Colorado with my mom. Well, he was wrong. By a miracle, I called my grandmother asking for help. I hadnt spoken to her in 10 years. She sent me money that day, and I bought a travel trailer. I have lived in Rockport, Tx, Luling, Tx and 4 months ago, I moved to Port Aransas, a lovely island off the Texas coast. I am sad to say that the island does not have enough room for horses, but maybe someday I will join in the horse loving world again.

My children, Katie and Sebastian are growing up so fast. They seem to be doing well with their dad, he supports them well, and I see them as often as I can.

I have made many great friends here on the island. Its a small place, so I am alwaysw running into people I know or who knows someone I do.

CHris works as a dockhand on the Flipper, out of Dolphin Docks, a local fishing guide service, and we have many friends there. He loves to fish, so it is his dream job. I cant work, due to my health, but when I feel up to it, I get out and go mudding, or fishing, or just go out to see friends. When its nice I even make it to the beach, usually at night, when its not so crowded, and HOT!!!!!

I have to say that today, I am proud of what I have overcome. The divorce just about killed me, and I never thought Id be able to come through ok. But I did. I miss my beloved horses, just having them in the backyard was a gift. In Luling, I worked as a ranch hand, and got to assist in the care of over 40 horses, and that was soothing, but not having one of my own was hard.

Anyways, I hope those who remember me will stop in and say Hi!!!! You can find me on myspace, under Nicole Trowbridge. I miss so many here, and look forward to meeting the new people here as well.

As always, God Bless, and hug your minis for me if you get a chance!!!!!

Nicole

Nicole --

I remember you! Welcome back
love0075.gif

You've been through so much, but it also sounds like you have some wonderful new things in your life now with Chris, your sister, your community
love0034.gif

Jill

I remember you! Welcome back

You went through a lot not so good things, so sorry. You will see time will help you.

Anita

Hi Nicole,

Sorry to hear about everything you have been through, so glad that things are going well! I am also horseless, due to hubby's health, but hope to have them again soon.

Stay in touch, nice to hear from you.

Welcome back Nicole...of course I remember you! I'm so sorry about everything that has happend to you in the last 4 years that has made it a rough road to travel. It sounds like you are picking your life up again however...and I wish you the best. Good to have you back. Without your idea of the birth of the Secret Santa I don't think I would have ever met a wonderful friend I have on this forum now.....Nancy (Equuisize). She and her hubbycame to the east coast a couple of years ago and we got to visit for a couple days together.

Welcome back Nicole! I don't think you had been on since I first came here 3 years ago. I just wanted to say hello and welcome.
default_saludando.gif

I sure remember you!! I'm so sorry to hear of your extensive troubles, but glad to hear that things are looking up, and it's great that you've found your way back here! Hope to see you regularly again!!
default_yes.gif

Hi Nicole,

Just wanted to say that you are a trooper. I too have had many challenges in the past several years health wise. It sounds like it has made you a stronger person as it has me. You have come back to the right place for support and friendship. So glad you found someone to share your life that is a kind person in Chris.

Prayers for your continued healing and God bless.

Hi Nicole,

I am sorry you had to go through so many trials. I've been down the divorce road, too. Its no picnic in the park but I survived. I am glad you're making a new life for yourself.

Just keep on keeping one. I have a feeling there will be a horse in your life again, and popping in here just might be a step in that direction!

Donna

I am sorry you have gone thru so many trials in your life. My heart goes out to you. My father passed on the same blood cloting factor I assume to a few of his children. My daughter was just tested for it but thank god the test came back negative. I was so excited to hear that for her. I hope that someday you will be able to have even one little horse so it can bless your life. Hopefully it is all up hill from here for you.

My best wishes.

Shortpig/Marie

Nicole!!!
default_aktion033.gif

I was just thinking of you the other day and wondering how you were! I still have pics of your beaded hair things and the little beaded things you gave me.

Do you remember when I gathered people together to give you a Christmas one year? That was so fun!

And this forum still does the Secret Santa each year, that was your idea!

I'm so sorry for all the things that happened to you. Bless your heart. I'm so glad to know you came through it, and that you now have love and hope in your life. I wish you all the happiness you can find, because you deserve it!

{{{Nicole}}}

H Nicole, of course I still remember you. It sounds like you have sure had a rocky few years in your life, but I am so glad to hear that you are picking up the pieces and going forward. I just bet in the very near future you will find horses in your life again, and you will get to enjoy all the love and companionship they give. There are so many of us "oldies" on here, but yet there are days I look at the forum list and think...WOW~~ where did all those new ones come from. Its always so nice to hear from the "oldies" who haven't been on for awhile. I wish you the best of luck, and hope you can make it on alot more. Corinne

I remember you, though I wasn't here all that long before you disappeared from the forum. I think I remember some forum members were helping to look after your horses when you first started having some problems? (At least I think that was you?) So I sort of knew you had some troubles but didn't know just how bad it was.

I'm glad to hear things are looking up for you now-great to see you back on here!

Thank you EVERYONE for your support and well wishes!!!! I am glad I made it back here, as in the past people here have provided great support to me! Reo, its funny because it was just the other day I was thinking about you and Bcody, thats what led me back here. And yes, I do very very well remember the Christmas you gave my family and I. That was such a heartwarming gift that I will NEVER forget.

As for my trials and tribulations, well, I think they made me stronger, and forced me to look at life differently. I dont need money for happiness, or material posessions. Happiness comes with inner peace, and I have found inner peace by living as simply as I can. I think back to a time when getting my nails done was something I had to do on a regular basis, now, even if you paid me, I wouldnt think of doing it. So I am thankful that I am where I am today.

Horses may or may not be in my future. But I know where I can come and get my fill of the wonderful little horses we all love so much!!!!

((((HUGS)))) to all of you!!!!

Nicole

I remember you!

Glad to see things are getting better.. keep your chin up!

There are quite a few members who have been lost.. I am wondering where they've been.. Thank you for checking in..

I too went 'away' for a while.. and am still on again/off again as for posting, but I read at least daily!

This is honestly a great forum with excellent people and beautiful hearts.

default_aktion033.gif
for the LB members.

Hi Nicole,

Sorry to hear about everything you have been through, so glad that things are going well! I am also horseless, due to hubby's health, but hope to have them again soon.

Stay in touch, nice to hear from you.

Glad to hear from you too!

Hi Nicole, welcome back!
default_aktion033.gif

I'm sorry to read about the rough parts in your life.
default_no.gif

The good news is it seems your life has improved and that is WONDERFUL!
default_aktion033.gif

Sending prayers your health improves or at least holds steady.

Welcome back Nicole,

Sorry to hear of your health scares, goodness, but it sounds like you are on the right track, as far as

finding inner peace. Sorry you had to give up your horses, but I like your outlook on life, it's something

I am striving to work towards, more inner peace & simplicity.
default_biggrin.png

default_saludando.gif
Hi Nicole,

I'm so sorry about all the problems and stuff you've gone through and continue to deal with. Prayers are there. There are a lot of wonderful people on here; as you already know, who genuinely care and are just a click away. May you continue to get healthier and enjoy life.
default_yes.gif

God bless,

Joan

Hi Nicloe,

Yes, I sure do remember you! Welcome back!

I am sorry for all your troubles but I am glad to hear that things are looking up and that you are back on the forum!

Robin

I remember you! I have to admit I'm extremely jealous of where you are living though!!! I LOVE Port Aransas!!! We used to go down and spend a week there every summer. It's a great little place and the folks always seemed really friendly. If we ever get the chance to come back down....maybe we can meet.

Latest posts

Back