NO CLIPPING WITH 30's

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maranatha minis

Reaction score
I am clipping my horse today because I won't have time due to school and we leave friday. He is pale in color so I want time to grow color back. But will those of us not clippling close have a chance? Personally I think the judges will laugh at naked horses
biggrin.gif
. I wish everyone luck and a safe trip to tulsa in the coming days.

Shelley<><

Maranatha Minis

i think the best horse will when wether its clipped with a 10 or a 30
smile.gif

Clipping will not change the HORSE. The horse that the judge thinks is close to their idea of perfect will be the winner on their card. Conditioning and prescence of the horse will play a much bigger role than color, clipping will.

I have NEVER clipped with a 30 blade and have several National Champion ribbons hanging on my wall..............not saying I am critizing those who do, I just always have clipped with a #15 (just my preference)

Yup 30 is just too close for my tastes. I don't even have a 30 in the house only 10's.. when I was showing that is and now no clipping at all..

I agree with Kay and Erica--- as long as the rest of the presentation is excellent, the blade the horse was clipped with doesn't matter, the best horse should win.

You'll do fine! Good luck and we'll see you there (even tho we may not realize it, lol)

There is no one way to clip a horse some look great done in a 10 some in a 15 and others in a 30 so to me bottom line is a good horse is a good horse and that is what will win
smile.gif

See ya there

Would you like an ITTY BITTY TIPPY?

Buy some battery powered mustache clippers for touch ups. They clip really close and I use them for ears and muzzles. They are tiny enough to shove in your back pocket and barely buzz, just make a humming sound.

Be sure you don't bend over and accidentally turn them on though.

I did that once and the judge did a double take at my hiney.
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif

Hey...

I just clipped my horse, Peanut with a 30 blade all over his body. I think he looks really good actually. Those of you who are going to be at AMHR nationals for the youth classes, look me up and I will show him to you.

Please note that he is not cut ANYWHERE on his body, and he was doing just fine being clipped that short.

Dealer on the other hand wont be clipped at all.

Latest posts

Back