Nine Miniature Horses need rescuing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just dont know how shes going to be able to get thru especially with a trailer. this is so frustrating!!

What about trying to get through with a van? If two drivers try and load them into 2 vans? May not be what you would normally do but, this is not normal circumstances!! Just a suggestion.

I am just in tears that you all are going out of your way to do this thing! I wish beyond wish, that I could help, but I'm in Nebraska. Praying for all in need.

okay here is the paypal email for hurricane donations for these minis and minis to come in the follownig weeks. anything leftover will go to other equine rescues helping in these areas

[email protected]

I just got off the phone with Allison and we just dont think this trip should be attempted tonight. There is no open route to get thru and traveling in the area at night IS NOT SAFE.

Allison is trying to get cnn to help us get the trailer thru to pick them up. Go allison!!!

Kay

Okay, here is the latest.... I talked to Mike Rosauer and he says Nell from K-Nell got into Bay St. Louis today and it might be able to happen in the day time. I got a call from a reporter in New York who is ready to help us out any way possible. I will work with her to try and get ahold of CNN to try and get some more information.

I will do whatever I can but from Houston, Mississippi, there just isn't any way. Someone is going to have to come in from the East or North.

Hi Guys,

You know I'm involved in another mini farm rescue situation in Mississippi right now, but Alison at AMHA contacted me to see if I was going near there. I'm going to the center of Mississippi. My research shows all roads closed in that area.

It HAS to be someone that is nearby with dry land or someone who can get in with official permission.

I believe all those roads are closed due to debris and flooding. Have you see it on the map? It's just east of New Orleans - RIGHT on the coast - right where the eye of the storm passed.

Try to check for road closures before you go - you'd hate to get turned back!!

If you can get them out, thank goodness there are people who can take them in!!

Bless them - this is just awful. My heart goes out to them!

If someone can do it, please let us know!

Monette
saludando.gif

Go Allison, AMHA, and forum members!
aktion033.gif
What a great group effort!!! While getting the horses out is of utmost importance...it looks like the Bradfords could use some help as well....

I'll do what ever I can to help..make calls, take directions, anything that needs doing I'll be here all day tomorrow just call if there's anything I could possibly do. Don't have much left but I'll make a small donation too, every little bit helps. I wish I could go help.
no.gif

I watched the broadcast earlier this evening and just knew that there would be a powerful show of support from other mini owners. These people have quite a plateful of problems as well as coping with the loss of house horses, friends and neighbors. The owner made the plea on television for help because he knew that there were people out there he could count on to get-r-done. All he had to do was let the need be known. We can all help him grieve for his loss as well as make a donation to help defray the expenses. I would like to know if there is a way I can donate for the care of these horses at their new location until they can be returned to their owners ???

jaime and angie are all set to go so as soon as we get word that we can get thru they are ready to pull out. But for sure none of us want them attempting this at night.

CNN needs to help us get this trailer thru since they are the ones that reported the story!! Obviously they let CNN thru with a camera crew to film so there is a way in.
smile.gif
come on CNN do your part!!!

I want to say what a joy it has been to talk with such wonderful people tonight--allison, jaime and angie.
aktion033.gif

geese after talking to allison cmhr has set up a paypal acct for donations for these 9 minis and any other ones that will need help in the following weeks. We will also make sure we bring some stuff for the bradfords. I know its only one family when there are so many but helping at even one is something.

paypal acct [email protected]

Last edited:
For all those that can help financially please send donations to:

Hurricane Relief for Minis

Paypal address [email protected] PLease make sure you put "Hurricane Relief for Minis" on your donation.

Checks may be sent to me

Hurricane Relief for Minis

C/O CMHR

735 Chestnut Lane

Berryville, VA 22611

Thank you all. Like you I wish I was close enough to go get them myself!!!

Ginny StP

This came via e-mail. Gail is a great gal and the other 2 rescues - one being LSER - are very legitimate.

<http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=29779>

Horse Rescue Groups Mobilizing Hurricane Relief Effort

Date Posted: 9/1/2005 11:56:28 AM

Last Updated: 9/1/2005 11:56:28 AM

Edited press release

In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, horse rescue groups are

mobilizing to provide assistance to horses and livestock impacted by the

devastating storm and are seeking financial support for the effort.

The National Horse Protection Coalition, along with Texas based Habitat

for Horses and the Louisiana Equine Council have joined forces to

assemble and deliver much needed relief for the animal victims of

hurricane Katrina.

The NHPC has secured a donated tractor-trailer that organizers hope will

be filled with hay, feed and veterinary supplies for horses and other

livestock who have been displaced by the hurricane.

"We are hopeful that our efforts will not only reduce animal suffering,

but will also help to reduce any further financial and emotional loss to

those affected," said Gail Vacca the Illinois coordinator for the NHPC.

The NHPC is currently seeking donations of hay, straw, horse feed,

livestock feed, and veterinary medical supplies which are being gathered

in DeKalb, Illinois to be transported to animal welfare organizations

who are already set up in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. The loaded

truck is scheduled to deliver the supplies in Louisiana as early as

Sunday, Vacca said.

"Many of these animals are injured and hungry and in order to ward off

any further loss of animal life in the aftermath of this tragedy, we are

doing everything we can to get these supplies down to the hardest hit

areas as soon as possible," Vacca said.

While Vacca's group is seeking donations of hay, straw, feed, and

veterinary medical supplies from those in the DeKalb, Illinois area,

others can make financial contributions are also needed and can made

online at horseprotection.org or can be mailed to: National Horse

Protection Coalition, 16217 State Route 23 , DeKalb, IL 60115

Help Stop Horse Slaugther NOW! www.lser.org www.habitatforhorses.org

lois

i am despertly trying to contact lone stars president but am having no luck. i am sure they are overwhelmed at the moment but i will keep trying!\

Kay

I am so proud of this group; moments ago, our club president, who does not yet have a computer, called me to tell me what she had heard on CNN about this. She had all the facts, and knowing that I frequented this Forum, asked that I put the information up. I cranked up the computer immediately, but 'knew' to check the threads before hitting "New Topic"-and sure enough, the Forum was already "on top of it"! I just called her to let her know; she suggested some sort of "hook up" with Lone Star Equine Rescue/Habitat for Horses, which have already been stated to be working with FEMA and the USDA on equine rescue in the devastated area...

Want to add my thanks to those who have stepped up to the plate-GREAT, to see the AMHA actually taking an active part--it's certainly the right thing to do--and of course, we all knew CMHR would be helping,too.

I will be sending a donation to either CHMR, or LSER-I can't give much, but will do what I can--along with my fervent prayers for ALL of the people and animals suffering from this horrendous event.

Godspeed, those who are poised to go in....lots of great ideas and creative thinking happening here...now, to be able to 'make it happen' ASAP!

Thanks again, to all,

Margo

As soon as we find a way in to the Bradfords we will be there. We have some bottled water and some food for them. I have Heather at Mulligan's Run generator here and we will be taking that also for them. I have not spoke with the Bradfords, I am will open my home to them if they would like to come stay here. If we can't get a trailer in to get the horses out we may be able to get them hay and feed for the horses. We are ready and waiting to do what we can for them. We will be glad to help anyone else that may need a place to house their animals also. Our home is open.

While I think that Lone Star and the other mentioned rescue groups are doing a great job and support them in all their efforts, when we hear of one of our own in dire straits, I'd personally rather direct my efforts towards helping them. The trailers from Lone Star and from Indiana won't get there in time. As you know, horses can only go so long without water...much less food. I will be sending my check tomorrow to help our mini friends....

Latest posts

Back