Nine Miniature Horses need rescuing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, I know who and where they are at and am going to contact the United States Equestrian Foundation - they are working with FEMA on this thing.

The Bradfords are Lifetime Members of AMHA.

Address:

402 Bradford Ln.

Waveland, MS 39576-3260

Phone - although SURE not working....601-467-7452

...from AMHA directory

allison you are wonderful! im praying they can get to them soon. Our poor minis go down so quickly

if you cant get them lone star rescue is also working there www.lser.org

Last edited:
I am next door to them and can help. I am set up to handle as many as 20 minis. I can pick them up and house them till they are able to put their lives back together. All I need is directions or contact information. Kay Kay call 334-221-9060. Please let them know someone close by can help, I,m sure it will calm their nerves. I can leave tonight if need be.

kaykay said:
allison you are wonderful! im praying they can get to them soon.  Our poor minis go down so quickly
if you cant get them lone star rescue is also working there www.lser.org

459736[/snapback]

Will someone keep watching CNN and let me know if they announce that someone is on there way to get them? I'm still working on it here but I'm sure a bunch of other people are too! Thanks!

Allison

this is my worry too. i am flooded with phone calls and emails of people ready to go there and pick up the horses but we dont want everyone going!! We need to let one person arrange this. One of the women who saw the show has it taped on tivo. I can call her and ask her to replay it and see specifically who to contact??

wishful said:
I am next door to them and can help. I am set up to handle as many as 20 minis. I can pick them up and house them till they are able to put their lives back together. All I need is directions or contact information. Kay Kay call 334-221-9060. Please let them know someone close by can help, I,m sure it will calm their nerves. I can leave tonight if need be.
459742[/snapback]

Hi - just left you a message - I will get you all the directions you need! I am at the AMHA Office 817-783-5600 ext. 320.

jaime

I cannot get thru on the phone number but i imagine too many people are trying to call. Jaime is definately the closest to this farm and can get to them the quickest. I just wish there was a way we could make sure no one else is on the way.

Jaime you are wonderful!!!

Kay

Jamie,

If you are headed there, can we have people donate money for gas etc? I have gotten a TON of calls about this. Anyone have some good ideas? I also got a number for CNN so as soon as we KNOW someone is going I will let them know to announce it.

I assume Jamie is "Wishful" but no matter. I'm SO RELIEVED that help can be sent. PLEASE keep us posted!!!!
aktion033.gif
And let us know if we can help with donations or whatever!!!

OMG..soo glad you close..hubby was about to come down there and get them..let us know if you need anything..Bless your heart!!

I am waiting on Jamie to call me back, we are ready to head out and pick the horses up and house them until the family can get their lives back in order. We are looking for a route to get in to them. If anyone can supply us with a route that would be wonderful.. We live in Verbena Alabama. We are hooked up and ready to go.

minihorselover27 said:
I am waiting on Jamie to call me back, we are ready to head out and pick the horses up and house them until the family can get their lives back in order. We are looking for a route to get in to them. If anyone can supply us with a route that would be wonderful.. We live in Verbena Alabama. We are hooked up and ready to go.
459769[/snapback]

Here are the Mississippi Road Conditions

Roads CLOSED due to Search and Rescue efforts:

I-10 from Louisiana to Alabama

Hwy 90 from Louisiana to Alabama

Hwy 49 from Seminary to Gulfport

Hwy 63 from Lucedale to Moss Point

Hwy 607 from I-10 to Stennis Space Center

Hwy 84 from Collins to Waynesboro

Hwy 98 from Mobile to Hattiesburg

Hwy 43 from Hwy 90 to I-10 for hospital use

Hwy 57 from Hwy 90 to I-10 for hospital use

I-110 from I-10 to Hwy 90*

Hwy 605 from I-10*

I-59 from Laurel to Louisiana state line*

Motorists will be asked to show emergency personnel identification in order to access these roads.MDOT strongly recommends that motorists avoid these areas so that Search and Rescue efforts can be performed in a time-essential manner.

Interstates 55 and 20; Hwy 49 from Seminary to Jackson; and I-59 to Laurel are open but we are asking motorists to please exercise extreme caution and travel with patience due to excessive debris.

Any ideas?

I'm too far away to physically help and don't have any extra funds to send, but do have a few extra mini halters and leads that I would be happy to send to whomever is housing these minis until the owner's lives are somewhat back to normal. Just PM me with information.

hi all

First we need to make sure you guys can get thru AND BE SAFE when you get there. Please know that things are very strained there.

I talked to allison and CMHR is setting up a special paypal acct for donations for these 9 horses and anymore that will need help in the coming days. CMHR will cover all of Jaimes exspenses getting there. Jaime just let us know how to get you the money for gas etc. Once Ginny gets the new paypal up we will post it here and on the rescue site.

Everyone,

I know I am a not as close but I am more than happy to try to take any minis in that needs help until the owners can get back on their feet. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Sherry

Burleson, Tx

Back