NHR ... Went to dog show today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boinky

Reaction score
Well i'm pretty psyced. I took my older bitch and two of my 4 month old puppies from my current litter that i haven't sold (for many various reasons one big one was i was moving and all the hubbub with that). I have one that i felt all a long was show quality and the rest although are built nice, aren't show quality. well i decided to take the 'show quality girl" and the red boy who everyone loves to see if maybe someone there would be interested after all it was an ASCA show which is only Aussies. It was a herding trial and conformation trial. my dogs are BRED to work (both pedigree and instinct, but haven't worked stock in a long time and just weren't ready. I figured being a herding trial there was my primary focus on targeted sales!!!! so i decided even though i don't show conformation much i'd take them to that and "network". I wasn't even going to show the boy at all but decided "what the heck" when i got there and threw him in. He wasn't groomed at all other than for a bath. I personally think being 4 months old he's going through a gangly not so pretty stage right now (perhaps im just too critical of my own i dunno) He was the only one in his class which of course put him in the Winners/Best of breed class. there were only three other pups but I really felt we would get third.. NOPE.. we got BEST OF BREED. go figure! The little girl got a 2nd in her class so didn't advance... who'd have thunk? now granted it wasn't a pointed class or anything since it was puppies class and not a ton of competition but it's still exciting and nice to know we beat 2 other dogs who were BRED too seriously compete in conformation and shown by people that show WAY more than i do (i can show a horse but am a nervous wreck when it comes to dogs). Now most heavy working lines i've seen in this breed tend to not have the best conformation (actually quite poor i feel and could never be competitive in the breed ring at all) but it just proves i'm doing something right. I am producing dogs with awesome instinct in a pretty well conformed package! Still blows my mind that he got it out of the two pups i took.

How exciting for you! Where are the pictures though?
default_unsure.png

Latest posts

Back