NHR................... Larry related

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfogg

Reaction score
Larry had his surgery yesterday after 3 weeks of bull%&*^!

They removed his gallbladder and now they say they didn't like the looks of his liver or pancreas and took biopsy and that they should be back NEXT WEEK!!!!

Larry doesn't smoke (quit 30 years ago and has never drank) so trying not to be to worried.

I am starting to believe you have to go to Drs and hospitals now with either a lawyer or a bit^h in order to get care.

It wasn't until I told them our daughter works for a complex of Drs (which is true) and would like to have them fax Larrys records and tests to them as she wanted her Drs to go over them.

I didn't think anything about asking this as it seemed pretty reasonable to me. Getting some second opinions so to speak.

All of a sudden everything changed. people were interested, tests got done and oh my goodness everything got really serious and he had to go into surgery and test results turned up were found and everyone wanted to talk to us and he could see this Dr right away instead of 3 weeks!!!!!!

I don't get it!

Here is a man who skin an eyes are yellow even I could see it with no medical training!

He was in so much pain he was on percocet and oxy and still in pain! 3 weeks at home for a work acoholic.

who wants nothing more than to go back to work!

We are lucky to have good insurance, so that was not a problem I don't think.

So then it was wham bam in the hospital and surgery done and now we wait............

To me this is not right, what would have happened if we had no insurance.

The surgeon felt it wasn't the gall bladder but took it while he was in there because it wasn't perfect.

I did not bring up my daughter to put pressure on it was just because she wanted second opinions and I think thats the only reason anything was done!

It is scarey to me what this country is coming to.

Please keep your fingers crossed.

Hugs

Bonnie

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Bonnie,

Like you I don't understand why it is so hard to get good care and why the drs force us to be real stern just to get us some help. Here I thought it was just me that was fighting with them.

At least your daughter can get the results looked at and you have that on your side. I am praying that Larry is get the help he requires easily and that all can be fixed just as easily.

Hugs, prayers, and white light for Larry and you also. Please keep us posted.

You are both in my prayers. I hope the test findings are okay and Larry can get back to normal soon. It is a shame that medical care all depends on who you know or whether you have insurance or not. It should not be that way.

Best wished to both of you,

Mary

[SIZE=12pt]Wow Bonnie, that is scarey...I hope they find out what is going on.
default_sad.png
Mys thoughts and prayers are with you both.[/SIZE]

I'm sorry to say that I have turned into the kind of person who's nice by nature, until it's time to NOT be nice, then I'm deadly polite and as I tell Steve, then I have to "release a little of my inner B*itch"
default_no.gif
I've learned that if *I* don't stand up for what I think it's right, no one will. Steve has stood openmouthed, watching one of my deadly polite, pitch-a-b*tch fits. The first time he saw one, I thought he was going to applaud!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_wink.png

Prayers are with you, Bonnie......... What you describe is scary.

You are right, I think. Sadly it's often the greasy wheel or the right buttons pushed that get things to happen anymore.

Thanks everyone, I feel so lucky that we are not facing something awful. But think we could have been if I had not accidently found a fulcrum...........
default_wink.png

Hugs
default_wub.png

Bonnie

Prayers being sent to you and Larry, Bonnie.

((((HUGS))))

Thinking of you guys.
default_wub.png

Next time mention you want to show your lawyer his records and they'll move even faster
default_smile.png
(then again that's probably what they were thinking already) .

Amanda

Prayers for Larry and you Bon. I KNOW what a pain the medical world is. On a better note though Jack is doing fine with his driving training. He went around the yard pulling the cart tonight. Love, Linda

Bonnie prayers for Larry and I so agree with you. Our healthcare system is HORRIBLE!

You're both in our thoughts and prayers here. Hope everything is OK when this is all said and done.

default_pray.gif
My prayers are there for the both of you as well. I thank God for Larry's healing and for supplying all the needs of you both. I know what it's like to try to get medical help for people. Somehow, God puts people in my life that need a "voice" to get them the help they need. It's so sad that some of the elderly in this country have to go through so much stuff just because they have no one to speak up for them. So sad...
default_no.gif

God bless,

Joan

Latest posts

Back