NH State 4-H Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess P

Reaction score
It was a long 3 day weekend, the judge was tough, VERY tough. A lot of people didn't like him because of the way he judged fit and show. He literally ran around my horse, and gave me 0 out of 15 points for posture because I was switching sides so fast to keep up with him. I had fun though, everyone loved Chantilly (There were 7 minis there, and about 140 big horses)

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Fit and Show. Red Danish, I got 75 points I think. 1 point off for dust on legs, 1 off for a slight tangle in tail at the first judge. 15 off for posture
rolleyes.gif
I really dislike that judge, and 10 off or something for hand position
rolleyes.gif
at the second judge.

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

I think those are both reinmanship. I got a red danish as well, I would really like to know what I did wrong, the only thing I noticed is that she hopped twice like she wanted to go into a canter, which I stopped her before she could. Maybe I held my reins a different way than what he liked.

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Pleasure Driving. A much better class. 2nd place blue danish, I was so proud of her, she was a DREAM

Handiness pics in next post

Driving Handiness. Chantilly wasn't that cooperative but I couldn't blame her. It was hot, we were standing in one place for about 2 hours waiting for the class, and she had leis and a blanket on.

We still got a blue, even though we were the only one in the class.

Picture014.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Oh, and I found more pleasure driving pics

Picture011.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Thank you for letting me share!

Thanks
smile.gif

Chantilly's pivot is coming along slowly, mainly because it has been way too hot to work her and such. I am waiting for some nice weather to work with her more, so hopefully I can go to nationals and compete in showmanship next year

Great pictures, you and Chantilly look wonderful! She's such a pretty girl.
wub.gif
yes.gif
In reinsmanship, I wonder if you were marked down for having your legs tucked under you like that? It's a pretty unstable position and might be considered "bad equitation," at least where I am.

Great job overall! Your turnout looks very nice and I'd be mad at that showmanship judge too. I always tried to view the "can I make you screw up" jerks like that as a challenge.
rolleyes.gif
laugh.gif
I love your Handiness costume. Chantilly looks great in leis and those neat leg bandages you made her.

Leia

Hmm, maybe it was because of my legs. I never thought of that.

The fit and show judge made us do several other things that were just weird. Normally, you would walk around your horse to turn it around, well he asked everyone to turn the horse around the handler!

smile.gif

Jessica, If the judge is who I think it is [and I'm pretty sure I know who it is].

Then I can tell you why you scored lower in reinsmanship. E=mail me. Linda B

Back