NFC'S Fire & Ice

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slv

Reaction score
I am hoping some of the color experts and long time miniature horse folks may have some information regarding Fire & Ice. According the the AMHA Studbook online, Fire & Ice is sired by Bond Peppy Power who is grey and his dam is NFC'S Apache Rose who is listed as solid black. I do not have permission from the owners to post a photo of Fire & Ice here, so will not do so, but most of you have seen him. His broad white markings on his face are very indicative of overo coloring, plus the fact that he is a black and white pinto with blue eyes also indicates that he is. I am trying to find out where his coloring came from. Maybe someone has information on his dam as I have none. I know Peppy Power was a very nice stallion, but also know nothing of the color of foals that he mostly produced. I would also like to see photos of any offspring that you may have of Fire & Ice to see if he produced colorful foals often. I have a chestnut mare by him that does not have blue eyes but almost all of her foals have had. Thanks in advance for any information that you can provide as well as photos of the offspring.

Bond Peppy Power is listed on the Studbook as a solid Gray, but is actually a very minimally marked Silver Dapple Pinto. He has produced a large number of Pinto offspring. You can see a picture of Peppy by going to this link:

http://www.thousandoaksranch.com/miniature/index.htm

And you can see a picture of one of Fire And Ice's offspring on this page:

http://royalmminihorse.homestead.com/AUCTION.html

I believe Fire And Ice has produced a large number of blue-eyed offspring. I'm not sure, but I believe his "Overo" characteristics are a result of the Splash gene and not LWO. I could be wrong.

I have a Bond Peppy Power son, not a lick of white on him and he is a Grulla. Looks like a squatty Thelwell pony, but man, can he produce pretty, driving horses.

Mike McCabe told me to just share pictures of his babies, not him....
default_biggrin.png

NFC Peppys On A High
Peppy.jpg

One of his daughters. Sold many years ago at auction, and sadly never transferred. I have no idea what happened to her, such a shame.
pepper.jpg

This is Bond Peppy Power at the age of 22; he is now 25. Though Peppy is a silver dapple he produced a large percentage of pinto foals. I was told he genetically tested as a pinto but he has no visible pinto markings though many have searched for white markings. We bought Peppy at an auction and sadly found out shortly after that he had cancer so we have never been able to get any foals sired by him.

Peppy190.jpg

Peppy250.jpg

We did own a daughter of Peppy's who is now in Finland and have a Peppy granddaughter, Thousand Oaks Salutes Cover Girl, a bay roan pinto.

CoverGirl-250-1.jpg

My friend used to own a Fire&ice son, he was silver dapple with a blue eye and a snip. He was very easy to handle and work with. You wouldn't know he was a stallion. He did throw a few pinto babies for my friend but not all were pinto.

Karen

Fire & Ice's dam is NFC'S Apache Rose is a daughter of Dels Apache who is a black and white pinto. I use to own a half brother to her which was also a black and white pinto with two blue eye. I am guesssing the blue eyes are coming from his dam side as there is a long line of black pintos in Rose's back ground. If you will go to my website and look at the Reference Stallion page and you can see her half brother Crimson Apache who had two blue eyes, but you will see her sire Dels Apache a look a like of his son i owned. PC me if you need or want to know anything esle or if I can help you more. If my memory serve me right I think Fire & Ice has two blues eyes too and you can see a picture of him on MCC Farms website. If you need the website just let me know and I will give it to you.

Sorry for being so long with your answer.

Darwin

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my Fire & Ice daughter, MCCs Ice Tea.

MCCSIceTea.jpg

Back