NFC Farms................still around

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLC Stables

Reaction score
Your all probably thinking WHAT, well I was kinda shocked too. As many know I have racing quarter horses, and was going through a sale catalogue for the Winter Sale in Oklahoma a couple weeks ago, and it said NFC Farms as a consignor. I was thinking that was strange, so I looked through some more, and it was Sandy Erwin as the consignor.

She is still around, just raising AQHA racing quarters now..................I thought that was interesting.

How cool is that another member also having racing quarters cool! My husband used to a jockey.

I have an NFC(mini) mare(NFCS Painted Desert).....glad to see they're still around with big horses anyway.
default_biggrin.png

Well that is neat! I have always liked the NFC horses
default_smile.png

So did they switch from miniatures over to racing quarter horses or ..? Just curious.

Leeana

Isn't it crazy how small this world is? Sandy Erwin is still in Whitesboro, Texas and as far as I know, has her Quarter horses at the original NFC mini farm.... I often wonder what the mini industry would be like if she were still in it and Bob was still alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sandy and Bob were into running horses long before Bob passed away , and when Bob died she sold all the mini's except for King and little mare I think named Megan.. but kept all her race horses.. and as far as I know is still very active in the Racing Industry..

wpsellwood small world as my husband is a retired Jockey also... Thus the reason we settled on Hot Springs because of the TB Race Track here..
default_wink.png

Not to be rude but who is the NFC Farms? I don't believe I've heard of them, but they sounded huge in their prime.
NFC was owned by Bob and Sandy Erwin . Bob was a great asset to the Miniature Horse Industry as he was a wonderful promoter !
default_thumbup.gif
Their foundation was HEMLOCK BROOKS EGYPTIAN KING , who was the 1986 National Grand Champion Stallion for AMHA.. He sired many National Champions , they also owned Lazy N Boogerman when he was National Grand AMHA Sen. Stallion, Rowdy was owned by NFC until his death.. They had a show string that they put on the road of at least 15 horses all season. They had in house Trainers , Joe Spino ,Al Glass, Jackie Crisp & Family , They also were one of the first farms to hold their own private Production sales at their farm , King sons, and daughters bringing prices over $125,000 many times..
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

So to say that they were something big is Correct , They were the Farm of their time. Hope this helps you with a little history.. Tony can fill in a lot more I am sure ..

We still have a Natioal Champion stallion from NFC! 27"NFC Quicksilver! We also have NFC Peppys Buttercup a half sister to NFC Fire N Ice!
default_yes.gif
and daughter of Bond Peppy Power!

And this year you will see WWC Miniatures Quicksilver Peppy in the show ring being shown by Becky of Redrock! He an awesome colt sired by Quicksilver and out of Peppys Buttercup!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Bill

Did they have anything to do with NFCS Reverend Steve? Or did they just use NFC as their prefix?

This is quite interesting to hear she is still involved with horses but not the minis. I Have a King son Emperor who's dam was a Dark Destroyer daughter and a Top Ten son of NFC Top Account.. I have wondered from time to time if King was still alive he would be 28 he had 238 AMHA registered foals the last ones in 2004 with the Critter Creek Farm name who must be there family . I am also lucky enough to have 1 NFC mare NFC Geta Lite who is the dam of the little stallion that got us started in minis his name was Vermilyea Farms Renegade he was sired by Bond Galahad Legacy and out of Geta Lite. I can say I have been very pleased with the get and grandget from this fine old NFC bred mare. NFC horses I am sure are in a lot of breeding programs world wide. And as others have said NFC made a big impact and contribution to the miniature breed. I wish I had more King daughters. Sorry to hijack Robs post but just thought it would be fun to see some of Kings get and grandget however it would probably fill up a lot of space on the forum. LOL

[SIZE=12pt]Does anyone know whatever happened to Egyptian Kings Non Stop? he certainly was something to see![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Joy[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Does anyone know whatever happened to Egyptian Kings Non Stop? he certainly was something to see![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Joy[/SIZE]
Studbook online says he is deceased and was last owned by De Reul, Royalty Farms.

[SIZE=12pt]Joy[/SIZE]
Studbook online says he is deceased and was last owned by De Reul, Royalty Farms.
[SIZE=12pt]What a shame
default_sad.png
he was an awesome little guy
default_yes.gif
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Thanks,[/SIZE]

Joy

We are fortuante to own a NFC EGYPTIAN KING daughter -- NFC Egyptian Kings Crystal.

We have a yearling mare from her-- off our HOF Boones Little Buckeroo Charmer & she is gorgeous as well.

AJ MURRAY'S CHARMER'S ROSEBUD _-youwould have seen her at the shows last summer Desiree.

SHe is bred again for a 2008 foal off him as well.

I credit NFC Farms & Bob & Sandy Irwin for really putting the miniature horse industry on the map - they were FIRST CLASS all the way. I will never forget seeing one of the first ads they ever ran in the Miniature Horse World - that was back when the magazine was "half-size" - and the NFC ad was at least 6 pages in full color of all their stallions - King, Rowdy, Tennessee and many more -- I remember thinking "Oh WOW - Look at THIS". To visit NFC was to be treated like royalty - again, FIRST CLASS all the way - had it not been for them, our industry would be very different than it is today.

Stacy

I got into Miniatures because of Hemlock Brooks Eqyptian King.I had seen his photo in the magazine and wanted 1 of his sons.In 1986 we went to TEXAS with the idea of buying a colt.When Joe Spino told me thay didn't sell any sons unless castrated at that time I decided to get a filly, but the starting price of $35,000 was way out of my reach.I got to see KING and ROWDY also.I came home very disapointed, but years later I got by boy NFCS EQYPTIAN KINGS HALIM by way of the Little Hill dispersal. IMO Bob and Sandy Irwin did a lot to advance the quality of our breed. I was fortunate enough to buy 2 mares from them in 1990 and still have 1 who is now 21. I still have Halim who is now a gelding and he is here for life. He is learning to pull a cart , all 29.5 inches of him and he doesn't like anybody to pass him.

Not to be rude but who is the NFC Farms? I don't believe I've heard of them, but they sounded huge in their prime.
I worked for Bob and Sandy at one time. Me and Ed Perkins they were good people.Bob was a good man and fair hated to hear of his passing.They had some cattle too.

Latest posts

Back