News that Les Matheny passed away

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REO

Reaction score
It is with a sad heart that we must inform everyone that Les Matheny of Buckeye Walnut Creek Farm passed away suddenly this afternoon from a heart attack. Pleas...e keep Getitia and all their family in your prayers. We will let you know as soon as we know a date and time for visitation and the funeral.

I just saw this on facebook. I'm so deeply saddened to learn of their loss. My heart goes out to Getitia and family

Thank you for posting this Robin. I too just found out via FB and send my condolences to Getitia and her family. Some of the nicest people we ever dealt with - my heart goes out to the whole family.

Getitia, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this very sad time. I am so very sorry for your loss. (((HUGS)))

Getitia and family, we are so sad for all of you. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

I do not know the Mathenys personally; only by reputation, which is of the best; and I have the greatest respect for the quality and integrity of their breeding program. This is such sad news; my deepest condolences to Getitia and all of their family.

Margo

Oh no I'm so sorry to hear this. Getitia my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. This is so very sad.

Oh my goodness, they are wonderful people. So saddened by this news. Prayers to all the family.

Oh my! I am so sorry! Deepest condolences go out to their family. I will keep them in my prayers.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Friends and family are in my prayers. A couple of people I know passed away two weeks ago so my heart is still

heavy for them too. Getitia and family are in my thoughts and prayers!

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry to read this. My heart goes out to Getitia! So sad to hear this news!!!

I talked with Lonnie Hardesty via e-mail this morning. He said arrangements are being made today and he will let me know about the funeral arrangements as soon as possible as I know I'll be sending flowers from all my Buckeye horses I have here at the farm. Such a wonderful man, he will be greatly missed by his entire family as we;; as the miniature industry as a whole. Their breeding program is unsurpassed as they just found out they were named Breeders of the Year for the 3rd year in a row.

Les Matheny (Charles Leslie Matheny) Friends may call from Wednesday 6-8pm and Thursday 11am-12pm with the service following at Wellman Funeral Home in Circleville, Oh 43113. Burial at Jackson Twp. Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made to the American Heart Association

Christine Melton posted this on FB just passing it on,,,,,,
default_sad.png

SORRY! Here are the CORRECT TIMES: Charles Leslie Matheny Friends may call from Wednesday 6-8pm and Thursday 10am-11am with the service following at Wellman Funeral Home in Circleville, Oh 43113. Burial at Jackson Twp. Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made to the American Heart Association.

I'm so sorry to hear this, did not know them personally but it is a profound loss for the miniature world.

Jan

I never met Les personally, but Getitia is the nicest lady and my heart goes out to her at this difficult time.
default_sad.png

Latest posts

Back