newest

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
i have, for the past 3 months now, been toying with the idea of trading my 2wd truck and mini van in on one GOOD 4wd pick-up. i've had several dealers on the look-out for something that would fit my needs. got a call yesterday morning from a small dealership, guy told me he heard i was looking and had a truck he thought might fit my needs.

i love my little van. gary and i bought it in december '05 with the intention of doing a little traveling. two months later, he was diagnosed with terminal cancer.
default_sad.png
the only traveling we did was to and from chemo. *sigh*

anyway, the dealer drove this truck out to the farm yesterday morning for me to see and also wanted to look over my two vehicles and see what we could do in trade. i think this was one of those "it just had to be!" moments, the minute i laid eyes on this truck, i thought "PERFECT!!!"

he made me an offer i almost couldn't refuse. i made him a counter offer, we shook hands and now i am the proud owner of this...

truckoutside2.jpg

truckinside.jpg

it's an '02 GMC, 4wd, loaded to the hilt, mileage isn't too awful high at 94,000 and the leather interior will be MUCH more dog hair friendly!

as i always do when i am making a tough decision, i looked for a sign from gary that i was doing the right thing. while scouring the inside of this truck for anything amiss, under the front seat, i found a penny from heaven.
default_biggrin.png
that's when i knew this was gonna work for me!

thanks for letting me share my good fortune. now i will be able to go wherever i want and not worry about getting STUCK!

default_smile.png
It is beautiful. I hope it will get your everywhere you are supposed to go with no problems. Sounds like a meant to be to me!

That is a good looking truck. I love the leather interior (much easier to clean off dog hair and dirt than with cloth seats) and it will be so nice that it's loaded. Enjoy it!

I love it Charlene! What a great find...and a penny from heaven...how much better could it get! I'm so happy for you
default_yes.gif

Awesome!

But I gotta admit I was hoping to see something furry
default_biggrin.png
! But your little girl would be none too pleased I'm sure
default_biggrin.png
!

LOL glad y'all like it. it rides really nice!

we'll break 'er in over the weekend - the lollipop kids will get to go for a ride since i always take them to the cemetery with me. need to find a seat cover for the back.

i'm gonna try reeeeally hard to avoid having this truck look like a band of gypsies live in it! :DOH!

no more furries in the near future for me, RM. not unless kathryn is ready to give that moxie girl up.
default_new_shocked.gif

Congrats on your new truck Charlene....

It sounds like it was meant to be!!

I'm glad your happy with it..

Missy

LOL glad y'all like it. it rides really nice!

we'll break 'er in over the weekend - the lollipop kids will get to go for a ride since i always take them to the cemetery with me. need to find a seat cover for the back.

i'm gonna try reeeeally hard to avoid having this truck look like a band of gypsies live in it! :DOH!

no more furries in the near future for me, RM. not unless kathryn is ready to give that moxie girl up.
default_new_shocked.gif
Sorry Charlene
default_biggrin.png
Moxie's got her forever home!!!!!
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_wink.png

I like the truck though!! I'm starting to wonder whether I need a bigger vehicle.....after cramming all the stuff in my CR-V for the KY trip....then having to cram what *should* have been LESS in on the way home! Moxie ended up riding on Mom's lap the whole way home :DOH!

~kathryn

ok kathryn but if you ever find moxie in a tiff and she's heading down the road with a bandana on the end of a stick packed with all of her worldly belongings, please point her in MY direction!
default_biggrin.png

the only addition i would like to make to this truck is a camper shell, preferably an aluminum one that is lightweight enough for me to be able to remove it easily. it's roomy enough but the added covered hauling area would be nice.
default_smile.png

ok kathryn but if you ever find moxie in a tiff and she's heading down the road with a bandana on the end of a stick packed with all of her worldly belongings, please point her in MY direction!
default_biggrin.png

That just paints the cutest picture, doesn't it?!
default_biggrin.png

thanks gang! i am VERY happy with this truck and the penny made it even MORE special!
default_aktion033.gif

LOL kathryn, didn't you ever threaten to run away from home? my dad used to say "want me to help you pack your bags?"
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back