Newbie here. Want mini pony.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charmedlife

Reaction score
Hi all I am new to this board . I am wanting to get a mini pony and wanted to find out everything I can about them. They are adorable. I thank you in advance for any information sent my way about these special ponies. Charmedlife

Well, there are minis and there are ponies and some mini folks aren't fond of their minis being called ponies. LOL
biggrin.gif
Anything specific you are looking to learn? This forum and the mini forum are both great places to get information.

check out the rescue forum! We just took in 5 rescues and all of them are up for adoption
smile.gif

It is easy for newbies and others (full size horse people...no flames) to get confused.....mini/pony. I don't think there is a term "mini pony" just "miniature horse". There is an interesting thread on the mini horse forum about this topic. I am a newbie too, have had my minis since June. The forum is a great place to learn. I can suggest a book "Miniature horses- their care, breeding and coat colors" by Barbara Naviaux. It is a good place to get started. Go to lil beginnings home page and click on "tack and sales" , you will get a list of mini tack stores, one of them should have the book and other books too (internet is very resourceful, but I like good old fashioned books too). Have you ever had a horse before? If you have, then you have a good foundation. If you haven't then you can learn. Minis are horses, require same general care, although there are some differences too. Ask any questions you like and you could also post a message on the mini forum too. Thanks for joining the forum, glad to have you....
saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back