New website

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintponylvr

Reaction score
Considering I work for a web-design company (small - 3 woman office and Im not a programmer, designer), it's been a long time coming.

My boss wanted me to become more conversant with design photo program FireWorks, so I did the differnt designs of the pages. That took a while, then my co-worker programmed it into a Word Press site for me. It actually was transferred off the testing server to a new server the beginning of October, but I kept quiet as we were having several issues getting it all to work. One was that when it switched servers, about 1/2 of the links to pages and photos didn't transfer and I had to manually go fix them all! Then, some things weren't working either and I had to wait, since I simply could not seem to get the programming to work. The one major disappointment at this point is not having the individual pony pages load to the page "look" of its' sex. If you open up the combined stallions' page - the look changes to the stallions, I'm currently using or getting ready to bring along. But when you click on the individual stallion - it goes back to the look of the main site, sigh. Click on Geldings & the geldings we've bred/raised and originally trained are on it, but click on the two current geldings and it again goes back to the main look - same with the New Foals and the various Mares pages. We are looking to see if there is a way to fix that. If anyone is already converstant with Word-Press and wants to have a say - let me know. Of course, that is really a minor thing - but was one of the things I was excited about with my new site, LOL.

That said, I love the Word Press format and and being able to access my website from any on-line format. I've got several working plug-ins and am just starting to look thru more to see what I want to add for more functionality... But I like it the way it is now. I plan on loading the Calendar feature with local shows, AMHR/ASPC shows and Driving Events for next year (some of which I plan on attending) - right now it's mostly home events and family stuff.

Would love to have you guys check it out (some may have already been out to it) and go thru the various pages. If you find any links still not working properly, let me know, so that I can go and fix it.

I did a lot of driving last week - pairs and singles - and have it all detailed w/ some actual pictures and links to photo albums thru the News listings.

www.lppaintedponys.com

Thanks!

Back