New web site done!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyB

overo
Reaction score
Hello,

Would like to invite you all to visit our new web site. I pretty much have most of it done, except the famous ponies and family pages. Sure would appreciate anyone who wants to look and let me know what you think? I will accept all thoughts good or bad as you won't hurt my feelings...I have been working on this new site since before the first of the year and it hasn't been easy doing it from scratch. I have a great friend, Deb who has been tutoring me along and thank you Deb
default_smile.png

Thanks,

Jenny

http://www.atouchofwyoming.com

Great job, I don't know if you are still working on the pedigree/photo buttons on the pages, but I noticed they aren't linked to individual pages. Very important to have links of individual horses or photos, esp. On sales pages to have photos that are simple shots without any editing. Your format and page layout is great! Good job.

I love the layout and it's easy to navigate.

However, I won't give sales horses or breeding horses (who a sales foal could be related to) a second look or any consideration if the photos are heavily photoshopped. I won't even inquire if horses are represented that way. Websites are a form of advertisement, and if the product looks shady, it's not worth most buyers time.

If you could clean up, set up, and take simple photographs of your horses, they are quality enough to speak for themselves. They don't need heavy graphics to hide them.

Andrea

I agree with Andrea - just use basic photographs for your horses. It makes the wesbite look unprofessional and you can actually digitally alter a horses conformation that way, even if you don't mean to do it. The website as a whole would look a lot better with pictures without photoediting.

Otherwise, I really like it - and I think once you do that change, the website will look drastically better.

I really like your new website. Easy to navigate and informative. I finally found out where the Arenosa prefix came from! I too noticed however that the link to the individual photo/pedigree pagea were not working. Nice site!!

Dan.

Hi and thanks for looking...I am sorry that the links are NOT working
default_sad.png
....I have been working on them, but they won't respond. I have a call into Deb and as soon as she gets back to me maybe we can solve the problem. I thought I entered all the links to each page, but they seem to have disappeared..grrr!

Like I said I have it done for the most part and I need to tweak some things still. The family and famous pony pages are not finished at it will take me quite awhile longer to do them. As for the photoshop editing, I did this to present each of them better than standing in their corrals. I assure you I have not altered their body conformation at all and I worked very hard at cutting them out of their pictures...quite the process. We are going to take new pictures of all of them, clipped and in show halters as soon as we can, but you have to understand that even though the daytime temps have been nice in the 60's and 70's...at 6500 feet it still freezes here at night and will probably continue until the end of May. We don't have the luxury of being in warming temps like many of you...

I also realize that you really should NOT complete a new web site, and put it up without having current beautiful pictures, but I just wanted to start a completely different site than the one we had for many many years. If you can be patient with me, I will get the problems with the links worked out asap and new pictures taken and put up.

I appreciate the comments both good and bad
default_smile.png

Again Thanks for looking and so sorry the links don't work!

Jenny

I also agree with Andrea, not just because the horses photos are photoshopped, but because it all makes it look too 'busy' and the horses are really getting lost on your pages. You want the horses to be the center of attraction on the page and stand out, not the graphics. I actually had to look twice at a couple of the pics to even notice that there was a horse there- and then it's hard to see what they look like.

Latest posts

Back