New Video page 32! - Happy Appy Acres

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smiles, smiles and more smiles!! I was so excited to see he'd been born easily yesterday afternoon. Watched his video 4 times today!

His one dark leg reminds me of a pegleg Pete in pirate tales, where the peg is a false cover for a hidden weapon. Lily was so kind and gentle while nudging him away from the BIG dog. She's a very good mommy.

Very happy for you, and grateful that prayers ended with a healthy little one for you. What does Emma think of her new baby brother?

Oh..ps...no such thing as picture overload! :)

I will try and get a better video of him tomorrow. As the day went on and he came back outside for a few minutes to play, he started kicking it up and racing around. He is as cute as can be!

Super smiling whilst watching those pics Tina, what an adorable little sweetheart. Thanks for sharing him with us

Lily is not herself today. She really isn't eating or drinking much at all. I have given her another shot of banimine and the vet will be out tomorrow. I have a fan in Emma's stall that is blowing a little air across one end of her stall if they are warm. The little jack has been sleeping in front of it all day. We have filled both hay and water so that we can gauge how much she is eating and drinking.

Praying for her to feel much, much better in a VERY short time. I see her standing "guard" over her little one in the stall.

Get well soon, Miss Lily!!

I have brought Emma back in beside Lily in the hopes that she was just depressed at being alone. I hope that her eating and drinking picks up now.

Sounds like a good plan. Hopefully, she just wanted to share her new little one with her good friend!

I am sending prayers that the vet will sort her out. Get Well soon Lily

Offer her anything you think she might like. While I don't think she was over weight before foaling, the not eating could still set her up for hyperlipidemia, I'm pretty sure donkeys can suffer from this too.

If you have it, try a little bit of alfalfa to tempt her; not much, since she is a donkey, but get her eating. Even a little kayo syrup syringed in to keep her energy up; which may also boost her appetite. A little green grass, even if you have to pull it your self and bring it to her; doctor green can go a long way to turn them around when nothing else is very tempting. Good luck, and do let us know what the vet says.

I have done all the above except for the syrup. I don't have any of that. She has first cut and second cut and pasture open to her right now. She is eating a little and she is passing manure for what she is eating.

UPDATE: no temp, passed more manure tonight. eating better. Vet feels that it was the high temps yesterday that caused her to be a little down. She seems better tonight!

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the videos (especially the first one) - thank for sharing
default_smile.png
. Glad Lily is feeling better, and hope it stays that way. Also, just curious if you were expecting the spots - or if this little guy surprised you with his color?!

heheheee Totally adorable! what a funny little chap, he looks like he is on fast forward. lol Thanks for sharing
default_smile.png

Oh what a gorgeously cute little fella!! Many many congratulations Tina - and of course Lily.
default_firstprize.gif

Sorry I missed all the birth excitement due to no internet, but so glad it all went well.
default_yes.gif

Love the pics and vids - many thanks for taking the time to post them (will have more any time you feel like it!!)

Well I will be turning the cams off tomorrow. I think that everyone is going along well now and that there will be no more complications. Thanks to everyone for watching. I hope you all have enjoyed seeing a piece of my life and farm.

Thank you for sharing Tina, don't forget to keep posting vids and pics
default_smile.png

Ditto to what Renee posted and a huge thank you for allowing us to share.
default_yes.gif

Thank you again for sharing with us. Please don't forget us, as we'd really like to see more of those wonderful baby ears!!

Latest posts

Back