New trailer...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
I sold my little Mini trailer (it was too short of my B horses) and just bought a 2 horse straight load "big" horse trailer....so now....I want to modify it for the Minis. Can I see pics of any modifications you have done to a straight load trailer for Minis please?? Also, did you do anything to modify the feeder/tack area in front (what I call "wasted space" for Minis...lol)??

Here are pics of my new trailer:

3n93p13o05O25Tc5Rca1g4bedc4db45e11d72.jpg

3m63o53p15Oa5T15Paa1gd5c599c3a0ff1c0c.jpg

It is a 1988 Logan Malibu...in awesome condition for the year!!
default_smile.png

YAY Linda and Deb!!! I liked this trailer when I saw it. Can't wait to see it in person.

As far as modifications, I dont know alot. I will get better pictures of mine, but basically they just put a solid divider across the middle instead of down the center. Just depends on how you want the horses to stand I suppose.

I will be following this thread tho and I would like to see some ideas for future reference.

Have you done a forum search to see what has been posted before? I know this has come up before, and maybe on the Photo/video forum.

A lot depecnds on whether you will only trailer minis or have big horses too, and of course, how the trailer is configured now. Our trailer has a removable center divider, and removeable chest bars in the front, but we added a solid divider to replace the chest bar on one side and an addition to the center divider so that it reaches the floor. That way we can split the trailer in half lengthwise and carry a big horse and one ore more minis, well-divided. We also put a stall screen on the other side of the front, and by removing the center divider we have one big box stall.

Photo of front of the trailer only: front of trailer

Then we had three removable dividers made that attach to the passenger side of the trailer (because we might carry a big horse) and also lock into holes in the floor. They can be used WITH with the divider down the center (to carry 2 minis in slant load configuration and big horse) or more often, they go across the trailer and can fit up to 4 minis. We have covered chains to go behind the horses in this orientation. Sorry, no photos of these, but many others have posted photos of dividers. And our show cart fits very nicely in front of the stall screen seen in the photo above. Plus our trailer has a dressing room for almost everything else, including the saddles I never use!!

Hi Linda,

We have our old insert, that you could have if it fits. It was our original and i LOVE it, it does need work though. It fit in a 5x10 cargo trailer had a three stall slant load, upper shelf over two stalls and left room for another horse on the back side of it. I can get you a photo if you like.Sorry i didnt get the info to you sooner about the gal for your mini trailer !

Hi Linda, We have our old insert, that you could have if it fits. It was our original and i LOVE it, it does need work though. It fit in a 5x10 cargo trailer had a three stall slant load, upper shelf over two stalls and left room for another horse on the back side of it. I can get you a photo if you like.Sorry i didnt get the info to you sooner about the gal for your mini trailer !
Dawn,

If Linda can't use it, I may want to talk to you about the insert. I haven't made anything yet for my toy hauler, so that might fit in it just perfect. Let me know.

Hi Linda, We have our old insert, that you could have if it fits. It was our original and i LOVE it, it does need work though. It fit in a 5x10 cargo trailer had a three stall slant load, upper shelf over two stalls and left room for another horse on the back side of it. I can get you a photo if you like.Sorry i didnt get the info to you sooner about the gal for your mini trailer !

Dawn....I'd like pics if possible. Can you email me those plus the dimensions please...thanks!

We made this for our cargo trailer and it also worked perfect in our Toy hauler, We made many trips to Texas that way. It can be easily moved between the two. In the hauler it left a nice isle way to still have access from the back to the front, with John and the wheelchair we needed to have lots of access !It does need work as i said, its been out in the weather.Linda, did ou happen to see it when you were here? It was setting right behind the Hart mini trailer.

Linda,

How many horses are you hauling at a time? Once I know that , we have converted a few, I have a few suggestions.
default_smile.png

Thank you,

Ellen

Linda,How many horses are you hauling at a time? Once I know that , we have converted a few, I have a few suggestions.
default_smile.png

Thank you,

Ellen
Ellen...Well...we "only" own 2 horses at the moment but 2011 will bring some changes to that...LOL
default_wink.png
default_biggrin.png
(need to get moved 1st). But I am guessing I can haul 3-4 horses in this trailer.

Latest posts

Back