New to the world of miniatures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crugeran celt

Reaction score
Hello, I am rather new to miniature owning. Year before last I fell in love with a very cheeky two month old foal who kept leaving her mum to run over to me every morning when I was walking my dogs whilst on holiday. I happened to find out the foal was for sale at weaning and had to have her.
default_yes.gif
She was delivered on 30th September 2011 and after just two weeks my husband suggested that we had another one as my big horses didn't accept her very well so contacted the breeder to ask if they had another one for sale and ended up buying my filly's mum who was in foal to the same stallion. Then in April 2012 the mare had a still birth a month early and we were devastated. Whilst on holiday again last August we met my mare's granddaughter out of her first foal. Husband decided we had to have her so mini number three arrived in November 2012. Now my two big horses have decided that the minis aren't so bad and all five are out together. I adore them especially the 'original' one, Maya. I am sure she thinks she is a dog and loves coming into the kitchen.
default_yes.gif
So just thought I would say hello and explain my introduction to minis.

"Hi" from Georgia! Welcome to Lil Beginnings forum!

WELCOME!! It sure sounds like you've been bitten by the mini horse bug!
default_smile.png

I look forward to seeing you post more. Would love to see photos of your minis!

Welcome from Kentucky
default_saludando.gif
Be sure to share your first name and location.There are people here from all over the world and you might find someone close that you can share in the fun of having Minis.

Welcome from Southern Maryland, USA! Yes you've been bitten by the mini bug, and now you, plus sounds like hubby, are addicted. Don't check yourself into rehab though just go with it, it's not curable so enjoy. Would love to see pictures of your babies.

Welcome from northern Maryland in the U.S.! Miniatures are great little creatures and I'm utterly sunk over them! Can't wait to see pics of yours
default_smile.png

Welcome from NY! It sounds like your husband has been bitten by the bug as well. Post photos when you can.

Glad I am not the only one who has been taken in by these little horses, sounds like there are plenty of you out there and whoever said my husband had been just as taken with them you are right. He keeps leaving them in the garden as he likes to watch them!! I would love to post some photos if someone could tell me how please. I am in South West Wales UK and it would appear most of you are in the US, they are they are obviously very popular over there.

Glad I am not the only one who has been taken in by these little horses, sounds like there are plenty of you out there and whoever said my husband had been just as taken with them you are right. He keeps leaving them in the garden as he likes to watch them!! I would love to post some photos if someone could tell me how please. I am in South West Wales UK and it would appear most of you are in the US, they are they are obviously very popular over there.
Yes, many of us are in the US and Canada, but I know there are others from the UK and I think Wales too. Quite a few in Australia, I think a few in New Zealand; at least one from Italy, and I'm sure other countries as some don't put there location in their profile. My hubby complains about mine, then I catch him watching them and smiling.
default_wink.png

Welcome! My Hubby knew I came with my horses, a package deal if you will. Marry me, marry my horse! Last year I bought a used cart and harness for Hubby for Father's Day, hoping he would go out once in a while with me. Holly Smokes!! I created a monster! Until he had a tire blowout, we were driving every night!! He wants to show his little mare at the show this spring.

Welcome from a soon to be mini horse owner. I have been learning as much as I can waiting for the arrival of mine the end of this month! Everyone is so knowledgeable here. Again Welcome!
default_yes.gif

Hi and welcome from Wales, UK! We are in Brechfa (up in the forest) on the other side of Carmarthen to you - where are you? Glad that you decided to join us here on LB, the best place for friendly folk with lots of knowledge and info (and all of them totally mad about minis). LOL!!

Pics are easy to post - at the bottom of the reply to topic space, click on the More Reply Options, scroll down and you will see on the left hand side 'Browse', find the pic on your computer and double click on it, it's number/reference will appear in the space alongside 'browse', click the 'apply' button just below this and the pic will pop up above. When you have all your pics assembled, just click the 'apply to post' list on the right for each pic and they will appear in post area that will show as normal under the topic you are replying to - once you are happy and click the final POST at the bottom of your reply!

Oh dear, this sounds sooooooo confusing - hope you can work it out LOL!!

Good luck - and great to have you on board!

ps If ever you feel like a visit (if you are close enough) just go to my website and give us a call. www.ancasterstud.co.uk
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from NC, USA. Good to have you on board!! Yes, lots of mini lovers here with loads of information about all the "need to know" stuff with the Minis!

My hubby isn't quite as enamored with the Minis/Shetland ponies (he'd rather play games on his computer or the PS3 or whatever), but he does know the names and if I let him know that I've switched pastures with some, he knows where they are supposed to be. He usually comes out to the barn when I'm feeding at some point and will play with the current babies (daily). Other than that, I don't get him to do much with them. I'd love to have a driving "monster" like BSharp... He did enjoy watching our daughters grow up first with the ponies, then with full size horses and is now getting a kick out of watching our first daughters' daughters become enthralled with the ponies...

Another way to do piccies - if you have them on an on-line photo album such as photobucket or picasa or shutterfly - you click on the icon above (the one that looks like a polaroid). It pops up with an addy bar for your pic (you have to get the location address from your online album pic - I usually rite click on the photo for properties and copy the location - photobucket has a list you can click on and it will copy different URLs based on email/im, forum, or website posts), you paste in the location of the pic and hit OK. Your picture will come in to where ever you had your cursor before clicking OK. You can also move it around a bit. I like doing pics this way. I have both photo bucket and picasa albums - I prefer picasa as it works better overall. Used to also have Webshots, but they closed down recently... There are others and may be some from where you are that are a little different (think the ones I listed are world wide thru the web, but...). The pic below is our 39" 2 yr old Foundation Shetland stallion with our 2 granddaughters taken just a couple of days ago. I was right there with them. We were putting up fence panels to make another pen in the boys' pasture.

13jul31wi1537.jpg

Hi AnnaC, not far from you at all, I am in Pontardulais, just over the Carmarthenshire border. I know Brechfa quite well, walked up there many times. I will give the photos a go but I am useless with technology.
default_frusty.gif

Latest posts

Back