New to the forum, new to minis! My sweet little filly, "Jewel". *pics*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SparklinJewel

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am brand spanking new to the forum and to the wonderful world of miniature horses. I have a 17 year old Quarter Horse that we bought last September and we have now welcomed the most adorable little horse, Jewel into the family. We picked her up yesterday and she has already stolen our hearts. She is an almost 8 month old Appy mini. I wanted to introduce her with some pics. A couple from yesterday from my phone and a couple from today when I got her in front of my "real" camera. (I'm a professional photographer so the real camera will follow her around a lot).
default_smile.png
. She is just a little doll face.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Welcome to our forum! I hope you find all the info you need. If you have some particular question please ask so someone can help or point you to the answers. Your little Jewel is beautiful! She looks so sweet, she has a gorgeous eye on her. I love to see a horse with such a nice head and eye. That last photo tells me you have a NICE portrait lens! I'll look forward to seeing more.

Thanks you!
default_smile.png
. And yep, I'm kind of a portrait lens hoarder. Lol. I'll be sure to share more and I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as we get to know this little girl.

Hi and Welcome to the forum!!! Your new little Jewel is just beautiful!! She has a really pretty head and face!! I absolutly love your photos especially the last one! I would love to see some more of your work with pics of your horses!!
default_yes.gif
I love to take pictures, edit, make books etc but certainly not a professional. lol But it is an interest and I love seeing other people's work!! Best Wishes with your new adventure of having a mini!!!!!!!!!!

That head shot is just stunning! What a beautiful face and big soft eye! You're gonna have so much fun with her! But be aware that soon you'll realize she needs a little buddy her own size. Or two or three!
default_whistling.gif

Welcome from Oklahoma! Where are you from? Love your little Jewel!

Thanks everyone! I am learning so much from the forum already. I appreciate the welcome:). WeeOkie- we live in Northern California up the hill from Sacramento.
default_smile.png

Welcome!!!! Very cute little girl congrats! I'm sure she will get used to the camera. One of my girls comes running when she sees me with one lol. She likes to show off. Looking forward to more pics
default_smile.png

Welcome from Maine!!! Your mini is a cutie!!!! Have fun with her and you can never have too many pictures!!

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

Thanks everyone! Question....I know Appaloosa foals go through lots of color changes and Miss Jewel has already had a couple herself. I'm wondering what your thoughts may be on what color she may be as she matures. I'll attach pics of mom and dad (who is awesome looking IMO...those spots!). I'm guessing she may look like her momma?? Also attaching A couple of Jewel as a wee baby.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Welcome!!!

I see you are in my neighborhood... well sort of. I am in the foothills, central CA as well. Not far from Sac myself.

Love your baby. Beautiful face and eye
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back