New To The Barn

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ldyvixenne

Reaction score
2576C851-BB0A-440B-8FAA-B3F036E1F63F.jpegHi, I’m Katrena and this is my baby, Copper. He will be a year old at the end of May. The dog in the picture is our old boy Ani. Copper is going to be trained to be my service animal so he spends quite a bit of time in the house with us. Right now he’s learning manners and housebreaking and socializing with other animals. He’s a rock when it comes to scary things and he’s into EVERYTHING! He is a super nosy curious baby and nothing is off limits to him. Today he was chasing one of our other dogs with a plastic grocery bag😂 Copper is an endless source of amusement and a challenge to get his baby brain tired. We frequently have to fuss at him to stop biting or chasing the dogs 😆 Glad to be here and hope to learn a lot from the experts.
P.S. Copper is my first mini and first baby horse but we actually have 3 other standard sized horses and a donkey and her baby out in our pasture so he does get horse time as well.

Welcome to the barn. Copper is so adorable, trying to be cautious with Ani. What is he sniffing?

Welcome to the barn. Copper is so adorable, trying to be cautious with Ani. What is he sniffing?
An empty coke bottle I had tossed his way in an attempt to surprise him. I failed at surprising him but he thought it was mildly interesting. We do all the most random ADHD brain things to him to bombproof him for his training in public He has to be ready to handle whatever weirdness the public decides to do. With our service dogs it’s been as random as kids yanking on tails and ears and adults barking and growling at them.
Katrena

Latest posts

Back